650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! > > What's legal In California???

What's legal In California???
    Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber!
EmeryXS650

PostPosted: September 7, 2009, 5:31 am    Post subject: What's legal In California???

I am getting ready to start my build and I'm just wondering what I NEED to have on my bike to make it legal? Turn signals, front and back or just back? Mirros? Gauges? Front and back brake? Whatever you got will help. Thanks

PostPosted: September 7, 2009, 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: What's legal In California???

If your build bike year of had turn signals then you need them front and rear, you will need at least one rear view mirror, you need only a speedometer. if your year bike had front and rear brakes then you should have them too. brake light needs to be clearly visible from the rear,stock or aftermarket is fine on lighting. If your year had daytime headlamp then you need to have it on. fenders are iffy. I think it is still an infraction but with so many of the chopper guys not using them they look the other way but it still can be a reason to stop you,at least It was on a one of my bikes.
If you think about safety you are tuning into a cops mindset.
Law enforcement can ticket allot of bikes but most of the time let it slide.
There are some who will look for infractions just to pull you over and check you out so the less reason the better.
Hope that help some.
jayel
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: September 7, 2009, 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: What's legal In California???

California requires Helmet, mirror,brakes on both wheels,handle bar no higher than 6" above shoulders, passenger seat and pegs if carrying a passenger, no headphones over both ears,turn signals if newer than 1/1/73, headlight on for newer than 1/1/78

www.bkva-ii.org/Motorc...202006.pdf

EmeryXS650

PostPosted: September 7, 2009, 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What's legal In California???

So pretty much keep what i got... Thanks alot guys.

PostPosted: September 7, 2009, 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: What's legal In California???

this is the site i use when i need info Smile
home.ama-cycle.org/ama...p?state=CA

my name is mudd
Photo Gallery
EmeryXS650

PostPosted: September 8, 2009, 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: What's legal In California???

Thats perfect... Thanx Mudd

PostPosted: September 8, 2009, 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: What's legal In California???

EmeryXS650 wrote:
Thats perfect... Thanx Mudd

no problem EmeryXS650, it's helped me alot Razz

Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1