650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > Has anybody else done this?

Has anybody else done this?
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
smokeyman66
Moderator Swap Meet
Moderator Swap Meet

PostPosted: September 16, 2006, 6:31 am    Post subject: Has anybody else done this?

Was working on the bike, dialing everything in, had the bike running, turned to get something off the bench, truned back and scorched my leg on the exhaust. I've got a wonderful tatoo left on my right calf from the header pipe. DAMN that smarts. Shocked
royfisk

PostPosted: September 16, 2006, 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Has anybody else done this?

Yea it gets the best of us all but if you mess around a hot bike it will get you sooner or later.
KYLEPRESTON
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: September 20, 2006, 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Has anybody else done this?

FRIEND SAID GO ON, TRY IT, TAKE IT ROUND THE BLOCK. THIS PAST SUMMER I HAD SHORTS ON, HE HAD A NEW HARLEY. I HAVE A RED MARK RIGHT CALF JUST BELOW MY KNEE IT'S ALMOST GONE.

Yup been there.
Photo Gallery
Charliekilr

PostPosted: September 23, 2006, 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Has anybody else done this?

How about this... Have you ever gone to get gas... kicked your kickstand down... it come back up without you relizing it..... lean + BAMN!!! into the gas pump? had to look around to see if anyone saw... hehehe

PostPosted: September 24, 2006, 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Has anybody else done this?

No but I have seen a guy at weirs beach stop at a stop sign and not put his feet down only to get a big burn from the pipe as he attempted to save the bike from falling over.
jfplaying
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: September 25, 2006, 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Has anybody else done this?

Has anyone taking off down the street, looking real cool, turned the first coner only to have your ride flip out from under you because you forgott to put the kickstand up while you were looking at the blonde chick in the car parked beside you? Dam that smarts!
KYLEPRESTON
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: September 25, 2006, 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Has anybody else done this?

THERE ARE A LOT OF ADVANTAGES TO HAVING JUST A CENTER STAND. WAS SHE WORTH IT?
Photo Gallery
royfisk

PostPosted: September 25, 2006, 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Has anybody else done this?

eww Kyle and carry all that extra weight around?? Them center stands come in handy for flats on the road but there heavy. 650s should be slim and trim chick magnets bro. As for the side stand I personally have never experianced the issue but have seen my share of misshaps there. The real scarey one is when you have been riding for hours and the stand comes down because the spring broke. I did experiance this little querk , I did not go down but damm that was wild ride.
KYLEPRESTON
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: September 28, 2006, 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Has anybody else done this?

As long as you hang on for 10 seconds you beat those bucking bull clowns anyday.
I wanted to ask you Roy do you know anyone making after market center stands from billet? cut the weight and keep the usefulness.
Photo Gallery
jfplaying
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: September 30, 2006, 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Has anybody else done this?

Was she worth it?Yes and no.Short term she became my girlfriend in highschool,long term,became my x wife later on. Go figure?Must be a bike thing? Make me sell it will she! Got it back.Who's laffing now?
royfisk

PostPosted: September 30, 2006, 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Has anybody else done this?

Kyle; no I dont but anyone with a heliarc machine could come up with something. cost would probably be a issue. I have learned that I dont want any of it down there and reinstall your stand bolts after you take it off and use them with a shop or track stand sort of like the roadrace guys use. I dont even like low drag them in the tarmac exhaust pipes, which leaves you no choice for under the engine center mounted exhaust systems. If I were building a touring bike then I would leave the stahd and not worry about the weight. Cant hurt when your adding bags, crash guards,fairings,etc. But I guess what I am saying is You either keep them or get rid of them there is no in between really. Sort of like woman.

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1