650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > Bad Day, Registering Bike

Bad Day, Registering Bike
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
mo650chopper
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: April 17, 2005, 8:02 am    Post subject: Bad Day, Registering Bike

Evil or Very Mad

Here in Missouri we deal with the "Department of Revenue" for licenses etc. Call it what you want but it's still the government at work. Friday go to the one by my work, after waiting in line for a 1/2 hour, only 2 people ahead mind you, allthough I think I'm prepared, WRONG answer Bif. Sorry sir BUT you need a lien release statement and fill out this affidavid (?) that you wrote in the wrong box on back of title even though it is filled out properly, Have a nice day, NEXT!

Saturday morning, Wake up early, for a Saturday 6am, take 2 daughters to school for Volleyball camp, come back home for rest of family around 8:15, 35 miles. Go to local resturant for breakfast, no seats. Decide to go back to town since we'll have to picking up the kids anyway. Go to other resturant pretty full but get seating for the 5 of us. Takes about 15 minutes for drinks and ordering. A half later after people that came in after us are eating and leaving, ask about our order, Yes sir you are second in line, 9:45AM. Tell them thanks but no f---king thanks. Go to another resturant after wife gets pissed at me for having an "attitude" order food and finally eat and leave, around 11AM. To the local license office with all the proper paperwork. Wife goes in and after another 1/2 hour wait comes out empty handed with the information that since she scribbled through the writing on the wrong line, even though you still read it, the previous owner will have to file for a lost title before I can get my bike registered. Already went through that month long process. So tomorrow it's back to the original license office that women better take care of me or I may just come unglued.

A little long I know but I needed to vent. I'm sure others have had pleasant experiences with their respective license authoritys.

Photo Gallery
mo650chopper
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: April 18, 2005, 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad Day, Registering Bike

O/K I'm done bitchin now. Went back to the original license office by work
today and got the scooter registered. Now I can expand my riding horizions beyond my little 10 mile cop free zone! Actually yesterday I went to the Gas Station / Store 5 miles from my house to fill my tank and get the Sunday paper, As I'm filling the tank a county sherrif pulled into the lot so I found another good use for my helment. Covering my 18 year old expired plate!

Photo Gallery
Enlil

PostPosted: May 1, 2005, 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Bad Day, Registering Bike

Just be glad you don't live in crapland, ohio. Only 2 title bureas in the county. Good 2 hours to get your title. Plus they're only open 9-5 M-F. Except the one on the other side of town. Then the line is unf'n believable. That's on Sat. Bureaucracy sucks.
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: May 1, 2005, 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Bad Day, Registering Bike

I'll tell you the restaurant thing kills me. But the DMV (dept. of motor vehicle) here in Asheville, NC was rocking when I got all my transfers from TN. Now in FL when I lived there is like the most F--- place in have ever bin. There is like no rules it's based on how the person FEELS at the counter. This week I saw that some folks in the headline news from FL that got busted for selling ID's to none US citizen. Now I'm about to go off on the state of FL........ Thats why I moved out.
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1