650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > forums move slow not alot of posting how come??

forums move slow not alot of posting how come??
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
blackwidow

PostPosted: July 16, 2009, 6:37 am    Post subject: forums move slow not alot of posting how come??

Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: July 16, 2009, 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: forums move slow not alot of posting how come??

Moon phase.
1ironhead

PostPosted: July 16, 2009, 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: forums move slow not alot of posting how come??

Maybe they moved to a politcal debate forum. Rolling Eyes
weekendrider
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: July 16, 2009, 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: forums move slow not alot of posting how come??

Summer slump, dog days, riding, wrenching, unemployment, too busy at work, new ownership flat lining, new to the forum members actually searching and reading the forums instead of just asking questions???
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

Location: Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.- 1977 XS650 "D" Standard

PostPosted: July 16, 2009, 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: forums move slow not alot of posting how come??

Waiting on parts? Laughing I've actually been working on mine but nothing to report on much. Waiting on a new coil. Busy at all my jobs. Home improvements in progress and the grass just KEEPS GROWING!

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: July 16, 2009, 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: forums move slow not alot of posting how come??

Well as for me I made a complete study of this thing over the past 10 years.....just as I did my previous Yamaha and the one before it and so on.....With 10 Years of Yamaha training to start with .....and I post what to me makes them run the best and to increase longivity and people just blow over it or argue and do what they want to do anyway..... so it gets to the point ....why bother...........

xsjohn
Photo Gallery
Abraxxas1127

PostPosted: July 16, 2009, 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: forums move slow not alot of posting how come??

xsjohn wrote:
Well as for me I made a complete study of this thing over the past 10 years.....just as I did my previous Yamaha and the one before it and so on.....With 10 Years of Yamaha training to start with .....and I post what to me makes them run the best and to increase longivity and people just blow over it or argue and do what they want to do anyway..... so it gets to the point ....why bother...........

xsjohn

I experience the same in my business (bodyshop) and trying to help people out, some listen, some dont, I continue to help out... those that listen and it works out you get a thanks sometimes and it makes it all worth it. Those that dont usually end up back at a later date saying they wish they would've listened the first time, and learned something the hard way... and you end up chuckling about that too. And still there are the people that will argue and do things their own way no matter what, and try and stir the pot and pour VP race fuel on an already burning fire just because they like ruffling peoples feathers, and those people will always be there.

Unshared knowledge and experience is one of the worlds biggest wastes of resource, sharing what you've learned often goes unappreciated, or so it may seem, it's the 30 guys that read your post that benefitted from it but werent a part of the thread to say thanks that you do it for, not the 2 guys in the thread arguing, flaming and telling you how wrong you are because they have a different idea or want to get a rise. The world is full of idiots, dont let a handful of voiced idiots take away from the countless number of silent lurkers who DO benefit from your knowledge on a daily basis.

Thanks to all who contribute.

'79 Yamaha XS6-fiddy Special

Last edited by Abraxxas1127 on July 16, 2009, 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Photo Gallery
TeeCat

PostPosted: July 16, 2009, 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: forums move slow not alot of posting how come??

xsjohn wrote:

xsjohn

Don't forget that there are bikes - mine for one - that are back on the road thanks to your shared expertise, and that of others.

TC
Photo Gallery
pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: July 16, 2009, 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: forums move slow not alot of posting how come??

xsjohn- You know as well as I when we were younger we were lots smarter than we are now and we didn't listen...when I try to tell my son something sometimes I get , "Yeah, I know." He knows EVERYTHING! I listen to your advice and take what I need. Don't stop.
I have young firefighters sometimes that I try to give advice to and try to explain why we do certain things that way...but I don't tell them too many times. I let it bite them on the ass, sometimes that same day. And smile when they look to see if I've noticed.

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
650skull
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: July 16, 2009, 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: forums move slow not alot of posting how come??

Maybe the Vault is helping to answer some of the more basic questions.
Photo Gallery
Jack

PostPosted: July 16, 2009, 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: forums move slow not alot of posting how come??

xsjohn wrote:

xsjohn

Don't be so hard on yourself,some like their XS mild and some like'm wild. As stated earlier, no matter how much wealth of knowledge you bring to the table,a certain amount will go unappreciated and it's up to the individual on-looker to make an educated decision as to what information best answers his questions relating to engine performance,electrical,suspension,etc,you just keep plugging away as you normally do.

I posted a well in depth write up on porting the XS head and out of over nearly 15,000 hits combined totally,I have gotten maybe 20 thank yous,I'm just using this as an example,cuz quite frankly I don't give a S##T and out of that 15,000 hits just ONE individual asked me if I've made any progress of updated information in porting the XS head and will I make this info available,good question.

Just do want you do best John and you know what the rest can do Wink
renloy

PostPosted: July 16, 2009, 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: forums move slow not alot of posting how come??

xsjohn wrote:
people just blow over it or argue and do what they want to do anyway..... so it gets to the point ....why bother...........

xsjohn

Just ignore it and keep posting. I find your info very helpful
acetek

PostPosted: July 16, 2009, 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: forums move slow not alot of posting how come??

Im a lurker infrequint poster would like to thank XS John for his contribution to this forum and sharing his carb and xs knowledge with us .
I purchased XS Johns needle kit and my bike runs excellent through all ranges As For Jack I Closely followed his porting threads over at the Garage and have them downloaded onto my hard drive .They are some of my all time favorite tech threads .Im an ole gearhead shade tree wrench and I can pretty much tell the Bullshitters from the rest Wink .Thanks John and Jack for your time.
Just an ole geezer motorcycle dude...........Eric
1ironhead

PostPosted: July 16, 2009, 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: forums move slow not alot of posting how come??

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank XS John,Jack and all who have shared their knoledge and experience.Most technical stuff is over my head,but I glean when and where I can.I then pass it along where and when I can.I get a kick out of the political bickering and that Fong Brothers thread was too funny.
xsjohn

PostPosted: July 17, 2009, 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: forums move slow not alot of posting how come??

I like performance and a cruiser too.......hard to match those things on an XS650 but I think I have done that.......to suite me anyway......no more heat engine clatter nor the heavy vibes at 8-1 and I don't have to grit my teeth on the expressway anymore.....definate no brainer....and thanks for the kind words......

Don't worry the Political bickering is probably not over.....especially with this mob running things..............god help us there.....The left has us by the sack now.......the bastards.......

xsjohn
Photo Gallery
metalredneck

PostPosted: July 17, 2009, 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: forums move slow not alot of posting how come??

If y'all were Canucks, we could talk hockey, but I don't wanna stir up controversy... Laughing

PostPosted: July 17, 2009, 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: forums move slow not alot of posting how come??

Don't know much about hockey but we are getting pucked..... Shocked

xsjohn
Photo Gallery
nj1639

PostPosted: July 17, 2009, 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: forums move slow not alot of posting how come??

I think it was 'bucked' as in 'you gotta buck up!'
How many bucks does he need?
Puck 'em all.

1ironhead

PostPosted: July 17, 2009, 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: forums move slow not alot of posting how come??

I don't know much about hockey either,just enough to know WE'RE THE CHAMPS !!! Wink
blackwidow

PostPosted: October 27, 2009, 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: forums move slow not alot of posting how come??

I would like to see more pics of bikes and work being done. I would even like to see finished bikes I'm talking lots of pics. Maybe topics devoted to just pictures and then people can compliment a bike or a certain thing they have done to it. I am at a car forum and they have a post your rides section. I would like to see that here. So in that section there could be topics like "Pics of hardtailed bikes with nonsportster tanks" Or post "pics of bikes that are painted red" I think you guys get the idea maybe I'll try one and see how it goes.
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: October 27, 2009, 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: forums move slow not alot of posting how come??

There is a "projects-Builds With Pics" in the vault. want to make sure the projects are well documented with description and pics though.

If you come across some old builds that are not in the Vault get in touch with one of the keepers and give him the link.

If you get a good thread going based on your idea and it can be used as a research and idea/ inspiration then it could be set up in the Vault, but If a thread gets sidetracked to much it can take away from the content.
Photo Gallery
pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: October 27, 2009, 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: forums move slow not alot of posting how come??

I try to take pictures to post as I go along but sometimes I get tunnel vision on the work at hand and forget to-as one of my teachers use to get on me about -showing my work. Gotta go in the house to get the wife's camera etc. Some of the simple repairs to others are not so simple to me and some that are simple to me are not so to others. It's one thing to look at the exploded views on the parts fiche and quite another to have those parts APART in front of you. Need to get a camera to keep in the barn.....

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
blackwidow

PostPosted: October 27, 2009, 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: forums move slow not alot of posting how come??

650skull wrote:
There is a "projects-Builds With Pics" in the vault. want to make sure the projects are well documented with description and pics though.

If you come across some old builds that are not in the Vault get in touch with one of the keepers and give him the link.

If you get a good thread going based on your idea and it can be used as a research and idea/ inspiration then it could be set up in the Vault, but If a thread gets sidetracked to much it can take away from the content.
Yeah on the project build though they would talk alot and say I did this that and this which is cool but sometimes I just want to look at bikes and thats all Very Happy

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1