650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Cafe Racer > > Getting serious about my cafe build...

Getting serious about my cafe build...
    Forum Index -> Cafe Racer
twowheelinjim

PostPosted: July 3, 2009, 6:44 pm    Post subject: Getting serious about my cafe build...

With all the drama of working, going to school, and family life it seems my cafe racer plans have taken a backseat to lawn maintenance, baby sitting others' kids and fixing others' problems. This last week I decided my project will get undisturbed shop time. I have had this old Suzuki tank in my shop for several years with the anticipation of including it in my project. I also have a pair of Tomasselli clip ons and a pair of rearsets I made some time ago. I think the project will start to move along with some paint on the frame. The first setback has been with the tank falling off the paint stand. Oh well, the wife did not like the choice of colors anyway.

offroading 033.jpg
 Description:
Damaged side of the tank.
 Filesize:  177.34 KB
 Viewed:  377 Time(s)

offroading 033.jpg

offroading 034.jpg
 Description:
Suzuki Titan T-500 tank modified for the XS frame.
 Filesize:  223.22 KB
 Viewed:  369 Time(s)

offroading 034.jpg

nudude53

PostPosted: July 3, 2009, 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting serious about my cafe build...

Good looking tank, it fits the theme well. It will interesting to watch your bike take shape, there are limitless options to building a cafe, the majority of which can be found in this forum.
tito650

PostPosted: July 3, 2009, 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting serious about my cafe build...

nice tank Very Happy
Photo Gallery
NorwegianXS

PostPosted: July 8, 2009, 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: Getting serious about my cafe build...

Wich Suzuki model is the tank from?
twowheelinjim

PostPosted: July 13, 2009, 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting serious about my cafe build...

I found this tank at a motorcycle junk yard in San Diego. It came off a Suzuki T-500 Titan from the early to mid seventies, actual year is unknown to me. My frame is finally going into the paint booth tomorrow morning. I decided on a two tone paint job to match the tank. This weekend I found the centerstand and swingarm in my garage. I'll post pictures later on in the week.
twowheelinjim

PostPosted: July 24, 2009, 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Getting serious about my cafe build...

Finally got the frame and tank in paint.[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]
MN_TX650

PostPosted: July 24, 2009, 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Getting serious about my cafe build...

that two-tone looks sweet!
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: July 24, 2009, 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Getting serious about my cafe build...

Looking the goods man, can't wait to see the finished product!

Not sure if you know, most times you need to remove the paint on the inside of the engine mounts. It's a pretty tight fit with the engine, the paint can make all the difference! Also might help with electrical grounding issues. Just thought I'd point it out, to easy to scratch the frame as it is, let alone trying to squeeze it in, then having to pull it out, tidy up & back in again!

Keep the pics coming, cheers

Forum Index -> Cafe Racer All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1