650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Chopper jobs > > xs 650 title

xs 650 title
    Forum Index -> Chopper jobs
jdog_kustoms

PostPosted: June 9, 2009, 9:15 pm    Post subject: xs 650 title

best place or way to get a title for a 1974 -1977 xs 650 in pa
cbussler

PostPosted: June 11, 2009, 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: xs 650 title

I have a '75 parts bike with no title as well.. here in PA. I'm going to start the process of getting a replacement. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

First step? I called the local title/tag place and they said there were some options, but she was with a customer. So, now I'm waiting for a call-back.

y plans for the '75? It's getting cut, and a hardtail is going on it. Will need a title.
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: June 11, 2009, 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: xs 650 title

Here in NC there is a guy that hits the tag office once a week...he works for the license division..... and will inspect the bike and with 100 bond he will help issue a title ......the new XS650 I aquired did have a title but had been passed down through a few owners that never filed the title........the list of problems was going to be endless....and the original owner is dead......the guy bypassed all of that for me........maybe there is that possibility there...............

or maybe you could just take it across the border and have an ilegal drive it up here and register it.....they would probably just give him a title then he could sign it over to you...... Laughing Laughing

xsjohn
Photo Gallery
jetmechmarty

PostPosted: June 11, 2009, 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: xs 650 title

Pennsylvania is a tough one. It may be the toughest. They will not issue a tag without a title, period. I don't need a title on an old vehicle in Georgia. Typically, if I sell you my old bike or car, your state will issue a title from a Georgia Bill of Sale. Not so in Pennsylvania. Good luck!

arty (in Georgia)

dpmphoto

PostPosted: June 11, 2009, 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: xs 650 title

try broadway title I've used them several times, it'll cost you 200 bucks but you'll have a title in about 6 weeks
jerseykat1

PostPosted: June 11, 2009, 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: xs 650 title

NJ is hopeless. There is nothing you can do about a missing title in NJ. But PA is reasonable, I live in jersey, my folks live in PA (about 45 minutes away) I traded in my NJ stuff a long time ago and have no plans on switching back. Just call around to diffrent tag, and title places someone will take care of it for you.
oldbikenut

PostPosted: June 11, 2009, 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: xs 650 title

NM is terrible as well! I will never buy another motorcycle without the current owner, myself and the motorcycle all going to the MVD at the same time! If there is one little issue, it becomes a complete nightmare!

I hope PA is better, I've have had two title issues and never again! Now I am originally from Erie, so if you have better luck than me with the MVD, I may have to move back Wink

PostPosted: June 11, 2009, 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: xs 650 title

lo good luck! pa is screwed up ! i'm in pa and got one with no title, it was a nightmare ! .... look for a basket case so u can get one ...
Photo Gallery
BeanerBiker

PostPosted: June 11, 2009, 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: xs 650 title

J-Dog,

I work in the RV industry right across the state line in Maryland. We use a tag and title service company called Devoe's for all of our PA title work. They are a PA based company. You should look them up and see if they can help you. I would think at minimal he could get you going in the right direction.

If you need more info or cant find them in the book...send me a PM.

Beaner
Photo Gallery
cbussler

PostPosted: June 12, 2009, 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: xs 650 title

Update #1:

I called the local tag place, which told me to call the DMV. I called PennDOT and they told me to call the local courthouse.

I called the courthouse Office of Judicial Support and they said the process was simple. I file a petition with the Court of Common Pleas at their office. The petition for title is Me vs. PennDOT. Shocked When I file with the Office of Judicial Support, The Court Administrator's Office will give me a court date.

The clerk was not allowed to give me any advice as to how to properly word the petition as they cannot give any sort of legal advice. I was instructed to visit the local law library.

Fortunately, I have 3 friends who are lawyers. So, I'll ask them to draw up the petition and I'll file it. The filing fee is $218.50.

I'm going to speak with my lawyer friends tonight and see what they say. Might be simple. Might not be!
Photo Gallery
jetmechmarty

PostPosted: June 13, 2009, 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: xs 650 title

Getting your legal advice from lawyers!!!? Brilliant!

arty (in Georgia)

manxnh

PostPosted: June 13, 2009, 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: xs 650 title

makes me glad i live in NH all it takes here is a bill of sale and a nice smile , walk in with just a bill of sale, walk out 15 mins later minus $44
but registered with a vanity number
xsjohn

PostPosted: June 13, 2009, 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: xs 650 title

Lived in Concord for a couple of years.........god if I could just ride my current XS through the White Mountains........ Crying or Very sad

xsjohn
Photo Gallery
manxnh

PostPosted: June 13, 2009, 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: xs 650 title

well John its a beautiful day for a white mountain jaunt today, also Laconia bike week so roads are pretty full of bikes just now
xsjohn

PostPosted: June 13, 2009, 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: xs 650 title

NC mountains are good too ...........bikes everwhere..... xsjohn
Photo Gallery
Jeffery

PostPosted: June 28, 2009, 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: xs 650 title

Working on getting a title myself in Arizona on a frame I bought on ebay. The thing had no title and not even a bill of sale. When I contacted the guy via email he wouldn't respond regarding a bill of sale. Its amazing how people who work at the DMV know so little about the process in secureing a title. I called a company called I.T.S. (which is on the web) and for about $85.00 and a bill of sale they will get you a title that is good in all states so they say. I ran mine by the local police station and had them run the numbers first to see if it had been stolen. I think a buddy can sell it to me on paper to satisfy a bill of sale requirement. What a hassle. I would never buy another untitled frame. In this state you have to have a complete and running bike before they would begin to issue a title and then you have to go through a level 2 inspection.
Todd
LDO107

PostPosted: July 15, 2009, 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: xs 650 title

anyone know the requirements for florida? I know I could call but didn't feel like being put on hold or pressing 1 for english! Very Happy
Photo Gallery
jayel
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: July 15, 2009, 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: xs 650 title

or go to the DMV web site
GKG-MO

PostPosted: July 24, 2009, 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: xs 650 title

In PA you can apply for an abandoned title. It takes awhile but usually no problem. The DMV wants you to get the thing on the road so they can charge you all those useless fees. Laughing Check with AAA. I think they can do the paperwork.
mmasac

PostPosted: July 30, 2009, 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: xs 650 title

i'm in PA as well, and there difficult, and even getting a Custom build title is super hard. I bought a Custom frame, and had a Heck of a time getting a title, even when I had the MSO paper, and 90% of my reciepts, best of luck my friend. I'd just find a junker buy the frame and get the title, and switch it over.

Black paint, DOESN'T make it BAD ASS!!!

It is NOT a Chopper, Unless you CUT something!!!
Audy

PostPosted: July 31, 2009, 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: xs 650 title

This issue makes me even more glad I'm in canada well alberta anyway here I take my bill of sale and pinks if there are pinks get ins and regs no worries if there's no pinks build your bike a quick inspection bill of sale your off to the races just make sure your welds are good. Here a bike can change hands 100 times and not be registerf 1ns and all you need is a bill of sale from the guy your buying it from. Not a lot of hoops up here
TwistedLeather

PostPosted: August 3, 2009, 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: xs 650 title

I'm managed several times to have the DMV do a search for the previous owner, sent a registered letter to said owner at the last registered address stating that I had possession of the motorcycle....usually, the registered letter comes back un-opened, take that to court and tell the judge that you have a lein against said bike for storage or whatever, show the unopened registered letter, and get a title...it works like that in several states I've tried it in, but I've never done it in PA.

Butch.

Forum Index -> Chopper jobs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1