650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > New from Colorado

New from Colorado
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
duncla

PostPosted: May 23, 2009, 4:39 pm    Post subject: New from Colorado

Bought an '83 XS Heritage last year as my other bike, (1974 R/90 Frankenbike) was dissasembled. Rode it all summer, very dependable but kind of doggy. Never could get it to run above 6,500 RPM. During the winter, which was long, I replaced the carbs with Mikuni 34mm round slides and the exhaust with older style headpipes and reducers from 650 Central as well as replacing the ignition with Boyer. Suddenly could hit 8.000in first and about 40 MPH. Have since replaced the wheels with Akront style aluminum plus new tires and bearings from Woody's Wheel Works, put new 2" over shocks on the back, totaly rebuilt the front end including Gold Valve emulators, put on a steering stabilizer, Euro bars and fabbed brackets and linkage for Tarozzi rear sets. Had the tank and side covers painted and am now waiting for the new seat from Earl in OR. There's other stuff that is minor, but it's my own 650 now. Did the same sort of thing to a Bonneville in 1976 so this is a trend I suppose, not a new idea. I just can't stop myself. Am interested in the cafe forum obviously and in hearing from like minded riders.
Thanks to Mike Morse and Mikes XS plus e-bay.
georelle

PostPosted: May 23, 2009, 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: New from Colorado

Sounds like you've been busy. Post some pics, it sounds pretty cool.
Welcome
Ride Safe
Georelle

'02 Suzuki VZ800
'78 Honda CM185T
Photo Gallery
oldbikenut

PostPosted: May 23, 2009, 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: New from Colorado

Welcome! Yes post pictures. I bet there is some great riding up in your area!

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1