650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > Hi form the midwest

Hi form the midwest
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
1hammer

PostPosted: May 6, 2009, 3:24 am    Post subject: Hi form the midwest

Hello everybody. Just thought I'd do the intro thing. I actually just bought a '77 xs650 from my brother (has a few minor problems he couldn't fix). Only gave $150 for it so I didnt get hurt too bad. Gonna fix it up for cruising. Figured this was a good place to start for ideas and tips.
Photo Gallery
650skull
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: May 6, 2009, 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Hi form the midwest

Welcome 1hammer, Yep you come to the write place, The 77 is a good year, post some photos even if you think the bike doesn't warrant them. Always good to have before and after.
Photo Gallery
HenryOlf

PostPosted: May 15, 2009, 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Hi form the midwest

Kenneth Arnold Kenny Chesney is an American country music artist. Since 1993, Chesney has recorded thirteen albums, eleven of which have been certified gold or higher by the RIAA. He has also produced more than thirty Top Ten singles on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs charts, sixteen of which reached Number One. He is on the tour and having concert in different cities of USA. Grab the Kenny Chesney tickets before they sold out.
Awards:
1997 ACM New Male Vocalist of the Year
2002 CMT Male Video of the Year: Young
2002 CMT Video of the Year: Young
2003 ACM Single Record of the Year: The Good Stuff
2003 ACM Top Male Vocalist of the Year
2004 AMA Artist of the Year
ghostyder

PostPosted: May 15, 2009, 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Hi form the midwest

wtf? kenny chesney? lame.

PostPosted: May 15, 2009, 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi form the midwest

Welcome, Hammer!

As another proud owner of a '77"D", that apogee of Yammie engineering and style, I may be just a tiny bit prejudiced, but it's always nice to have another '77 owner on the list!

By all means, post pictures--if I had a digital camera, I'd post pics of mine, dirty as she is.... Very Happy

(Aside to the Kenny Chesney post person: I'm gonna boycott Kenny C for awhile, just so you learn not to interrupt other people's conversations. I hope everyone reading this does the same. It's rude.)

Anyway, glad to have you on the site, Hammer!

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
The unnamed Triumph T-140
and the 1979 XS650....with "potential"
illie the 1980 airhead BMW
Photo Gallery
jayel
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 15, 2009, 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi form the midwest

what Barb, founding member, President and Grand Poobah of the 77-D Self-Appreciation Society said, Kenny Chesney boo hiss boo
jimmythetrucker

PostPosted: May 15, 2009, 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi form the midwest

I have it on good authority that anyone who wants to get next to Barbara has to have a really good Kimchi recipe.

Those who haven't got a Kimchi recipe try to make do by posting lame sh*t about Kenny Chesney.
jayel
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 15, 2009, 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi form the midwest

as opposed to buttering her up with Kimchi recipes? hope this ones better than the earthworms and moles, not that I've got anything against earthworms and moles..... besides everyone knows that the TX650's are the best, so good they only needed 2 years to get the bugs out....

next thing you know you'll be posting recipes for thousand year eggs, now there's a treat!!! Shocked

Last edited by jayel on May 15, 2009, 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Photo Gallery
jimmythetrucker

PostPosted: May 15, 2009, 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi form the midwest

I didn't think of it as "buttering her up with a kimchi recipe". I looked at that recipe and it came to me that anybody who eats that stuff will live just long enough to regret it.
pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

Location: Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.- 1977 XS650 "D" Standard

PostPosted: May 15, 2009, 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi form the midwest

Welcome Oh Fellow Entrustee of the Sacred 77' D-Pinnacle of XS650-dom . Hello down there in Coffeeville! Please do let us see some pictures! If it ever stops raining I might get some seat time myself! All I'm doing now is work, cut grass, work , cut grass. That kimchi stuff whew!

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
jimmythetrucker

PostPosted: May 15, 2009, 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi form the midwest

pumps wrote:
Welcome Oh Fellow Entrustee of the Sacred 77' D-Pinnacle of XS650-dom . Hello down there in Coffeeville! Please do let us see some pictures! If it ever stops raining I might get some seat time myself! All I'm doing now is work, cut grass, work , cut grass. That kimchi stuff whew!

If it gets real bad, you can try doing it backwards: !wehw ffuts ihcmik tahT
.ssarg tuc, krow, ssarg tuc, krow si won gniod m'I llA.

That always helps me.

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1