650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > messing with the scammers on Craigs list long post

messing with the scammers on Craigs list long post
Go to page 1, 2  Next
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
steveypsi

PostPosted: April 21, 2009, 6:01 pm    Post subject: messing with the scammers on Craigs list long post

Get tired of there crap so I messed back
Got E Mails on a bike I have for sale from probably Nigeria.
I thought I can have some fun with the A'Holes
I sent a name and address and heres what they sent back, I did get the check For$3300.46, nice touch on the 46 cents.
heres the last E Mail
Hi Al,
how are you doing today....As a matter fact the deal is on and
according to the accountant,the check will be delivered to you
today...,And once you get it,i guess you know how to handle
everything.But there was a little mistake which i guess we can handle
amicabely. When i contacted the account department to know maybe the
check has already been sent ,i got to know that there was a
misinterpretation while sending the check.The problem occur because, i
am paying with my salary and i told them to issue out a check in your
name for the amount and the rest will be written in my name for the
rest of my salary but all the money was sent to you.According to the
instruction i gave them,they were suppose to have sent you a check of
the actual amount of the ( 2003 RM85 - $1100 ) but in the process
they made a mistake by sending all my salary.They claimed that they
thougth i said they should send you a check for the amount of
($3300.46)But that should not disturb our own transaction and i am
sure we would both handle this. So this is what i think we would do
,once you receive the check, you should cash it imediately and,Also do
deduct $150 for your run around expence, you will easily forward the
extra money directly to my mover in cash immediately through western
union money Transfer.Originally,i had in mind to collect the rest of
the money and use the money to pay the mover, since the mover is also
picking some other items for me at varoius locations. Pls let me know
your schedule so that he will know the best time to come for the pick
up and do take good care of goods till he comes.I guess i can confide
in you that you can handle it with trust and have it sent to my mover.
This is what i want you to do.....i will like you to deduct the money
for your item and then deduct another $150 for your run around
expence,and then have the rest sent to my shipper,cos my mover is at
the moment stranded and in need of the excess funds.........Go to any
western union outlet around you and have it sent there with below info
:

Name : ELIZABETH JOHNSON
Address : 1311 Coolidge Dr
City: AMES
State : IOWA
Zipcode: 50010

Now notice the name on the check they sent me
i221.photobucket.com/a...1240351077
Heres another E Mail I sent today trying to get them over night another check (cost them about $30 for the UPS over night)
and it takes time since they think they have a sucker on line,
Heres the E Mail I sent after I got the check

I went to the bank to deposit the check you sent me for the motorcycle and they said they couldn't deposit it because I did not have my full name on it, I asked to speak to the manager of the bank Mr. Bugs Moran who I have known for years because we are both into collecting guns, I asked him what the problem was, He says Al you need your whole first name not just what people call you, your name is Alphonse Capone not Al Capone like most people call you, I said yes George but every one calls you Bugs Moran and most don't know your first name is George (Bugs) Moran the Bank manager said for checks and official business I had to have my full name on them.
I really need this money so I will tear this check up and could you send another if it wouldn't be to much trouble with my full name on it so I can deposit it
heres my full name per instructions of the Bank Manager Mr Bugs Moran

Alphonse Capone
Tuttlehill rd
ypsilanti Mi 48197

Ps I told my neighbor William Bonny (we all call him billy the kid because he looks young) about the check and he said yes Bugs Moran the bank manager is right you have to have your full name not just a nick name, he said he tried to cash a check with his Nick name (billy the kid) on it and it caused a comotion in the bank and he didn't get it cashed either

Thanks Alphonse ( Al ) Capone

the next one of the scammers that comes in I will use Clyde Barrow and my girl frind Bonnie parker, Presidnts, andy Jackson, limitless names to screw with them
Photo Gallery
Joseph

PostPosted: April 21, 2009, 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: messing with the scammers on Craigs list long post

Nice. Years ago a friend of mine who isn't up to par with tech, got an email he won a uk lottery for 80k. The check was so good, I think it was chase, cashed it before they relised it was fake. He has no credit used some of it to pay back child support and spent or had the rest in cash, so he got the 80gs. The scam was he was supsed to send them money 3 k or something to ship the check he never did and I gues they expectet the $ after he cashed it but even if it was legit he wasnt going to send anything once he had it.
Photo Gallery
steveypsi

PostPosted: April 21, 2009, 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: messing with the scammers on Craigs list long post

but even if it was legit

These are not legit, they try to get you to send the excess back the same day you get it before its found to be bad.
If thousands of people did what I am doing they would run out of money sending the checks at $30.00 bucks a crack for over night delivery plus making them work hard E Mailing back and forth
Saw a story where the rip offs like this in Nigeria bring in 100 million or more a year, police don't do any thing because it brings in money and they pay off the police to
Photo Gallery
2-Skinny

PostPosted: April 21, 2009, 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: messing with the scammers on Craigs list long post

Total scam, yeah doing this in Nigeria is big business. If they get just one person a week to do this they made a good amount of money...
xsjohn

PostPosted: April 21, 2009, 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: messing with the scammers on Craigs list long post

Years back my friend paid 6700 dollars for a goldwing on ebay........never got the bike...........he still has a pissed off look on his face......

xsjohn
Photo Gallery
BigGeorge

PostPosted: April 21, 2009, 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: messing with the scammers on Craigs list long post

You have to be careful with these people even if they are far away in nigeria as they have your e-mail address and can possibly find out information on you. There is a site called scambaits . net where they will show you how to mess with these scammers safely..........BG

PostPosted: April 21, 2009, 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: messing with the scammers on Craigs list long post

What are they going to fly out from Nigeria and kick your ass?
xsjohn

PostPosted: April 21, 2009, 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: messing with the scammers on Craigs list long post

No we will just send our President........he probably lived there too... Laughing
Photo Gallery
MykesXS

PostPosted: April 21, 2009, 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: messing with the scammers on Craigs list long post

I work for the goverment as a contractor and deal with this crap on a daily basis. It's actually pretty sad to see how many people fall for this kind of stuff. It sucks to have to tell someone that there is almost zero chance of them getting their money back. I've talked to people that have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars.
mdrathank

PostPosted: April 21, 2009, 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: messing with the scammers on Craigs list long post

yea! he scammed more than 1/2 the voters & all of the dead ones.
xsjohn

PostPosted: April 21, 2009, 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: messing with the scammers on Craigs list long post

Didn't scam me........I been watching these liberals for years.........we are in deep dodo..........with all their hair brained agendas........can hardly watch the news and when I do they say just the opposite of what I'm thinking....

As for those detainees......they would have already been shark food after they told me what I wanted to hear..........and cap and trade.........and better hide your guns..........only free men own guns.....so we don't have long as free men........can see Schumer and Feinstein drooling already.........with a loaded senate and house and this idiot of a President....I wouldn't shake his hand......for what......getting dicked....

And any of the poor bastards that live in the coal regions are really gonna get raped over on their utility bills soon.......here I supose we will just get a good hosing....we are on diesel......

While the rest of the world just laughs at us and I guess we deserve what we are fixing to get .................

xsjohn
Photo Gallery
electronicx

PostPosted: April 21, 2009, 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: messing with the scammers on Craigs list long post

Another thing to note is they don't spend any money to make all these scams. Last summer I got a bill for $350 from FedEx for an account I didn't start. The scammers got a hold of my credit card number and started all kinds of accounts in my name with my credit card. They even used it to send flowers to someone. I found it within 3 days of all the transactions on the card and canceled the card. You don't even have to show ID to start the FedEx account. They just bill the card and then bill you if your card gets declined. They were using my name to send the check scams to a bunch of people. All of which were given to the police who don't care at all. The people running the scams are pretty safe because it costs too much to track them down and enforce any laws against it. I wish I could find them, I'm pretty good with my LR308 at long distances. They never got my social security number so they couldn't do too much damage. I signed up for life lock after that because it really is a huge pain. With a fraud alert on my file I have to personally approve any credit application in my name via my cell phone.
Photo Gallery
pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

Location: Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.- 1977 XS650 "D" Standard

PostPosted: April 21, 2009, 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: messing with the scammers on Craigs list long post

Got one of those scams once and they wanted my info so they could deposit the winnings in my account. Sent them a scanned copy of my drivers license.

license.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  213.13 KB
 Viewed:  320 Time(s)

license.jpg

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
steveypsi

PostPosted: April 22, 2009, 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: messing with the scammers on Craigs list long post

pumps wrote:
Got one of those scams once and they wanted my info so they could deposit the winnings in my account. Sent them a scanned copy of my drivers license.

To Funny
Photo Gallery
rhilker

PostPosted: April 22, 2009, 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: messing with the scammers on Craigs list long post

Probably the best sites to get a quick laugh ou of this are:

www.ebolamonkeyman.com/

and

forum.419eater.com/forum/

It is amazing what they get these idoits to do.

I word of caution: Although funny scam baiting can be dangerous. Many of these organizations have operatives in the US. Make sure you use a proxy and an email address that can't be traced back.

PostPosted: April 22, 2009, 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: messing with the scammers on Craigs list long post

Oh come on guys, these are petty anonymous criminals who only do what they do because there is no chance of getting caught. They are not part of some Godfather-esque Nigerian crime family and they are not going to send some one to 'whack' you or key your car or something because you dicked them over.
rhilker

PostPosted: April 22, 2009, 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: messing with the scammers on Craigs list long post

For the most part I agree with you. Even the stories confirm that for the duped 409 scammers. However if you read some of the articles, they have video taped people in England acting as a group making contact as fronts for the Afican operatives. The "organized" parts are probably the more successful ones and not likely to get duped.

It is a $100 million dollar scam and there is "organization" behind some of it. Better safe than sorry.

PostPosted: April 22, 2009, 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: messing with the scammers on Craigs list long post

well I have another A'Hole going to send me another check I hope, Keep
them busy sending me checks, might wall paper the bathroom if i GET ENOUGH
I don't worry about retaliation, been shot at and a lot of other stuff in my job for 20 years, plus I have a roomate Smith and wesson
heres the latest E Mail a few minutes ago,

what the heck is a cashing store

OK I will be waiting fro the check and cash it right away and send you your part Al Capone

From Jesse smith
Once you have the check,I will like you to go ahead and cash it
instantly in your bank or you may deposit the check into your account
or you can take it to any cashing store place to cash it instantly.As
soon as you have the cash in hand i will instruct you to deduct money
for the item,Plus $100 for your runing around and have the rest
Balance send to the shipper today money Gram or via Western Union so
that he can be able to come for the pick up f the item immediatly he
did pick the money up at money Gram or via Western Union Here is the
shipper information to have the balance send too

NAME= ALICIA BRYANT
ADDRES==6322 ARIAAL DRIVE
CITY====LITHONIA
STATE===GEORGIA
ZIPCODE==30038
Photo Gallery
jimmythetrucker

PostPosted: April 22, 2009, 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: messing with the scammers on Craigs list long post

Way back when all of these scams started happening -- the first one I got was a letter supposed to be from some jerk in Nigeria. He said he had $30 million in misplaced government funds that he needed to move and all he needed was my bank account, etc.

I didn't delete the message. Instead I called the FBI and told them all about it. The agent said "Yeah, we know all about that guy. Been tracking him for about three months." He added: "We got a line on a couple of American 'businessmen' who followed all the instructions. At one point they were told to come to Nigeria to finalize the deal. They ended up in jail. They been there for almost a year, now. Don't know when or if we'll be able to get them out."

I don't know if the fedcop was telling the truth or if he was just trying to scare me. If he was trying to scare me, he was wasting his time. Anybody'd fall for the crap these scammers put out deserves to lose their money, as far as I'm concerned.
electronicx

PostPosted: April 22, 2009, 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: messing with the scammers on Craigs list long post

Like I said. They fund the scams using credit cards and names they steel from unsecure online businesses. They use spyware and other ways of hacking in to get hige lists of names and account numbers. Use paypal wherever you can.
I will always be amazed that people fall for the check fraud scams.
Photo Gallery
jimmythetrucker

PostPosted: April 22, 2009, 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: messing with the scammers on Craigs list long post

electronicx wrote:
I will always be amazed that people fall for the check fraud scams.

e too. That first one from Nigeria informed me that he chose my name because everyone he check with had told him that I'm a virtuous person with good ethics and strong moral fibre.

Who the hell would play along with someone that comes on like that? I bet those people all fall for that old line: "I promise not to c*m in your mouth."
oldbikenut

PostPosted: April 22, 2009, 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: messing with the scammers on Craigs list long post

jimmythetrucker wrote:

e too. That first one from Nigeria informed me that he chose my name because everyone he check with had told him that I'm a virtuous person with good ethics and strong moral fibre.
Shocked

Well Jimmy are you? Laughing
jimmythetrucker

PostPosted: April 22, 2009, 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: messing with the scammers on Craigs list long post

I get all the fiber I need from oatmeal. I can be trusted with anything except Dago red wine, quality reefer, psychedelic drugs, loaded firearms, and explosives. My virtue disappeared long ago and far away. I have no need to protect it any more.
jimmer
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 22, 2009, 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: messing with the scammers on Craigs list long post

I've had so much fun with these guys over the years. One of the funniest was this guy selling me a $30,000 car for $4,000. The thing was ... I was an Eskimo from Inuvik, North West Territories. First I wanted to make sure it had snow tires because we were gonna get roads up here real soon. So he promised to put snow tires on it. Then I had a lot of trouble sending the right Western Union number. He was really pissed after many trips to his local WU office. Then a major blizzard gave me problems getting to the polar bear I was gonna kill to get the money to buy the car. Then I tried trading the bear skin for the car. It was such a riot. I wasted a lot of his time for about 2 months. Wasted mine too but I had fun.

Try it some time ... about 1 email every 2 days is all you need to send. You need an email account from somewhere like gmail, or live, which don't send your IP address so you can't be tracked. You use that email for only that purpose and nothing else. They idea is to waste their time so it cuts into their time scamming others ... a kinda public service Smile

I've also had fun with the Nigerian scammers though they are harder to keep going for long. I did have one guy going quite awhile ... he was gonna loan me 750,000 to start a business harvesting tube worms for natural french safes at 2% interest. You see the fun you can have? Very Happy

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2