650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > Your shed or lock-up this bad?

Your shed or lock-up this bad?
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 12, 2009, 3:51 pm    Post subject: Your shed or lock-up this bad?

Oh dear, realized today what a mess my lock-up is in.. My sheds a bit tidier but seems to have 50% more household stuff in it..can anyone beat this & make me feel better..? Embarassed

my garage2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  178.79 KB
 Viewed:  177 Time(s)

my garage2.jpg

my garage1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  155.09 KB
 Viewed:  154 Time(s)

my garage1.jpg

gradually losing intrest... God help me...
Photo Gallery
Retiredgentleman
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 12, 2009, 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Your shed or lock-up this bad?

I think you would definitly be on the short list for the award. Buy,hey, we're here to have fun with bikes, not to be neat and tidy Smile
Photo Gallery
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 12, 2009, 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Your shed or lock-up this bad?

True RG,and I know exactly where to lay my hands on even the smallest part I need ..Wherever it might be.... Rolling Eyes
I'll post a piccy of the floor tomorrow.. Twisted Evil

Photo Gallery
pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

Location: Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.- 1977 XS650 "D" Standard

PostPosted: April 14, 2009, 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Your shed or lock-up this bad?

I think you have a lot of stuff but hey if you're ok with it, I'm ok with it.

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
indyjay

PostPosted: April 15, 2009, 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Your shed or lock-up this bad?

That would drive me bonkers. Shocked I get a little unorginzed sometimes, though.

But, sometimes you have to make do with what ya got. I remember times when I didn't even have THAT to keep my bike and tools in.

I'd just hate to see something fall and ding that nice gas tank! Sad
bluebikerblan

PostPosted: April 15, 2009, 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Your shed or lock-up this bad?

At last a picture to show my wife that makes her feel better about our garage......and me. It reminds me of her closet and makes you......

THE WINNER !!!

Seriously, I find myself looking at specific bikes, parts and being a little envious. Best, Blue

PostPosted: April 15, 2009, 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Your shed or lock-up this bad?

Hi '61,

Depends on the size of your garage/shed. I've found that whatever I have expands to fill the available space---all 24'x36' of available space. I have to admit, though, that I don't have any walls that look like that; I'm impressed!

Time to build yourself a loft..... Laughing

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
The unnamed Triumph T-140
and the 1979 XS650....with "potential"
illie the 1980 airhead BMW
Photo Gallery
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 15, 2009, 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Your shed or lock-up this bad?

This is my garage/lockup at my mums place, been owned by my Dad from 1960 Then me since the mid 70's , not as big as a Yank garage - our cars (originally) were a lot smaller than yours! About 8'x12' .. Funny(!) thing is I just built a new 12'x8' shed in my (new) house garden last summer 2 miles away in the next village with the intention of moving everything in to it but my other-half/her indoors has filled it with household junk ..so far all Ive managed to do is get one XS frame in and a workbench ..Heh Ho Twisted Evil
Photo Gallery
kyle1911

PostPosted: April 15, 2009, 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Your shed or lock-up this bad?

Wow, great minds think alike. My garage looks like a bomb went off, especially if I am in the middle of a project. The bipolar squirrel that lives between my ears can't possibly stop to clean up while creating shiny things. My buddy John used to tease me endlessly about this. He said when I got started on a bike, all anyone could hear from outside the garage door, was tapping, sawing, grinding, polishing, severe cursing, and beer bottles hitting the floor. He also noted the blue light from my TIG welder seemed like a bad horror movie, when combined with the noises inside my garage. Then, after a few weeks or months, something incredible, beautiful, and shiny rolls out... Rolls out of the most ungodly mess you can imagine. Funny thing is, a lot of the guys I know that build really nice stuff, have shops like ours. Then there are the ones who build really nice stuff, and have a shop that you could eat off the floor. You know, with the traced outlines for the tools on the wall, and the checkerboard tile floor? God, I hate guys like that. I tell myself they are not really happy. Makes me feel better. Kyle

PostPosted: April 15, 2009, 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Your shed or lock-up this bad?

That's shed is built nice! Looks like all brick. It also looks like you may have a whole motorcycle(in pieces) hanging from the rafters Laughing
gordo
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 15, 2009, 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Your shed or lock-up this bad?

Mine's a mess right now, & my roomate is so anal that if you shoved a lump of coal up his ass, you'd have a diamond in two week's. He's in Vegas this week so,I guess, no, I KNOW I'll be cleaning up tomorrow. Embarassed
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 16, 2009, 4:35 am    Post subject: Re: Your shed or lock-up this bad?

Lol gordo.
Theres 5 bikes in bits there somewhere oldbikenut plus god-knows how much XS junk.. Rolling Eyes
Ive done 99% of my re-builds in there over the last 33 years without electricity !

Photo Gallery
Barbara

PostPosted: April 16, 2009, 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Your shed or lock-up this bad?

....what? No electricity? You don't have a Lucas or Miller generator? (Oh. You *do* have a Lucas generator--that's why no electricity...) Laughing

Let's see: 8'x12'---just about right for 'erbert's Austin, right? Or better yet, an MGTC!

Size aside, I think it is a place of sublime beauty--like the bottom of a motorcycle air-sickness bag after the event.....(Ba-a-r-f! Oh, look! Half a ton of bike bits! Cool!)

The more I look at the pictures, the more I want to have a day or two for just prowling around and looking for treasures..... Very Happy

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
The unnamed Triumph T-140
and the 1979 XS650....with "potential"
illie the 1980 airhead BMW
Photo Gallery
Retiredgentleman
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 16, 2009, 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Your shed or lock-up this bad?

xs1961, don't let Barbara get into your shed of parts or she'll rob you for sure Smile
Photo Gallery
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 16, 2009, 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Your shed or lock-up this bad?

Smile Ive been robbing myself just lately, parting with stuff on Ebay because 'Her indoors who must be obeyed' wants me to pave our patio Crying or Very sad
Photo Gallery
gantzcb
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 16, 2009, 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Your shed or lock-up this bad?

I had to finally get rid of the tub. The only thing different about more space, is more stuff

garage panarama2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  74.53 KB
 Viewed:  108 Time(s)

garage panarama2.jpg

xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 17, 2009, 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: Your shed or lock-up this bad?

OMG..You lucky bloke, Id sell my wife for a garage like that!
Not only that but you get your identical twin bothers to help you out ! Smile

Photo Gallery
rhilker

PostPosted: April 23, 2009, 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Your shed or lock-up this bad?

Someone buying wives? Where? I'm in. PM the link.
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 23, 2009, 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Your shed or lock-up this bad?

Me, my brother Clyde, and my other brother Clyde.
Clyde

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1