650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! > > The Black Widow my first bike build

The Black Widow my first bike build
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
    Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber!
650skull
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: May 25, 2009, 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

Bad luck bro, Sad Good for you not giving up on it. Surprised ........
Photo Gallery
blackwidow

PostPosted: May 25, 2009, 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

jayel wrote:
blackwidow wrote:
Thanks for the kind words everybody and to the ones with bad things to say thank you too it's haters that make me who I am
I think you are reading more into what was said than what is actually there, it's a shame about the bike,
Wink Wink Wink Wink

PostPosted: May 25, 2009, 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

650skull wrote:
Bad luck bro, Sad Good for you not giving up on it. Surprised ........
I can't give up it's not the way I am Very Happy

PostPosted: May 25, 2009, 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

man, thats just some rotten luck. real rotten. id probably sit down a cry if that happened to my bike. with all the work i put into it. good luck on the rebuild. looks like a lot of might be salvageable.

PostPosted: May 25, 2009, 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

Hey bw, saw that chop when you put it up on 650chopper. Nice ride. I meant to comment on it there and never got around to it. I'm really sorry, man. Seeing that pic made my stomach roll over.

Can't wait to see see it back to full health. I'm pullin' for ya, brother.

Anyway, love those pipes... and the fact that you managed to keep luxuries like signals and a speedo *chuckle* while maintaining the look of a bare-bones bobber.

She was badass, and will be again, I'm sure. Now she has street cred.
Looking forward to seeing what you make of the next one!
gordo
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 25, 2009, 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

Black Widow, I feel for ya. Man, ain't that some s***.I see you got another bike also, so I guess you'll be up again in short time.You do some nice work, it damn near broke my heart when I saw the photo's today.Well, iguess any word's from me are nothing,so good luck with your next build, & get a demon bell to keep away those demons that cut you tire. Best,,,,Gordo
blackwidow

PostPosted: May 25, 2009, 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

Any words you guys give me are bringing my spirits up to sit there and watch something you love go to s*** and nothing can be done is heartbreaking. I do have another bike and will build that one as soon as I fix this one. I don't plan to start on this one for like 3 months I got that honey do list fellas. Thanks again everybody and keep them replies coming

PostPosted: May 25, 2009, 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

I have some idea how you feel.......built one in Orlando and the first weekend I was at a bar and went outside to climb on and it was gone...

still bugs me and that was 35 years ago...............

xsjohn
Photo Gallery
blackwidow

PostPosted: May 25, 2009, 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

xsjohn wrote:
I have some idea how you feel.......built one in Orlando and the first weekend I was at a bar and went outside to climb on and it was gone...

still bugs me and that was 35 years ago...............

xsjohn
damn that sux I'd still be thinking about it myself

PostPosted: May 25, 2009, 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

Got my 19 year old (only child) son's XJ650 about done and am having some serious second thoughts........what if .........ah crap I don't want to say it.......

xsjohn
Photo Gallery
blackwidow

PostPosted: May 25, 2009, 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

xsjohn wrote:
Got my 19 year old (only child) son's XJ650 about done and am having some serious second thoughts........what if .........ah crap I don't want to say it.......

xsjohn
what is an xj650 I heard of one but don't think I've seen one?? And what if what you thinking bad thoughts I guess?? On a lighter note I might know where a xs650 is for a parts bike it has no title so I'll see about it.

PostPosted: May 25, 2009, 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

Totally neat little 650 4 cylinders...drive shafts...made from 79 to maybe 85.......the turbo models I didn't care for..................some were Secas ....the Maxims I liked....

xj650 chopper.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  38.23 KB
 Viewed:  2041 Time(s)

xj650 chopper.jpg

xj650 1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  210.67 KB
 Viewed:  434 Time(s)

xj650 1.jpg

xj650 maxim.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  22.33 KB
 Viewed:  530 Time(s)

xj650 maxim.jpg

Photo Gallery
Teebs

PostPosted: May 26, 2009, 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

lol I knew it had to be the Maxim, I just couldn't see you going for the Seca, john... I like em better too.

A buddy of mine had a new '85. I know the chassis changed quite a bit from the earlier ones, but I don't know about the drive train. It was a very nice bike.
blackwidow

PostPosted: May 26, 2009, 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

Looks like a cool bike john I think there was one for sale down here and the guy wanted like 700 and boy was it clean real good shape

PostPosted: May 26, 2009, 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

Tank sloped up a bit too much but that can be fixed......and the bars would have to be changed.........about to tag one here.......they are geared a bit low dag nab it....and drive shaft........4250 at 60MPH....

my xs is about idoling at 60....3200 maybe.... compared to these.......the xs1100 were geared to low too........hell to me all of them were...... Laughing

xsjohn
Photo Gallery
blackwidow

PostPosted: May 26, 2009, 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

So do you need a bigger sprocket to make it not have to shift so much I feel like when I'm at a stop and gonna turn I have to shift into second in the turn and it kind of sux. So john do you think my motor will need to be tore into after the damage?? It burned more by the tank and the front part and the seat alot of the flame wasn't directly on the engine that has more smoke on it than anything??

PostPosted: May 29, 2009, 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

I started wrenching on my bike a little gonna replace a few wires and try and fire it up but I'm real busy so gonna be a while I'll keep ya updated with pics
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 30, 2009, 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

That's the spirit Black Widow! Hit it harder ,again! Good luck to ya, & please keep us informed. I know alot of us here are pullin' for ya, but honey dew is real important. Gotta keep that as happy as possible.LOL.,,,Gordo XS JOHN, nice bike for the rugrat, & don't(yea right)worry, all will be well. I gotta admit, I'm a bit envious, no curtin climber's for me to pal around with on a build. BW, I think that with your skill's, you know how bad thing's are in the engine, if at all. Smile
blackwidow

PostPosted: May 30, 2009, 3:19 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

gordo wrote:
That's the spirit Black Widow! Hit it harder ,again! Good luck to ya, & please keep us informed. I know alot of us here are pullin' for ya, but honey dew is real important. Gotta keep that as happy as possible.LOL.,,,Gordo XS JOHN, nice bike for the rugrat, & don't(yea right)worry, all will be well. I gotta admit, I'm a bit envious, no curtin climber's for me to pal around with on a build. BW, I think that with your skill's, you know how bad thing's are in the engine, if at all. Smile
after looking at it I think a few wires to replace and most of it is cosmetic so thats a good thing

PostPosted: May 30, 2009, 4:04 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

sorry about your bike.
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 30, 2009, 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

Damn shame. But it looks like it can be saved. Maybe the new name would be The Phoenix.

1979 XS650F
1979 XS750SF
1972 Triumph Tiger
Photo Gallery
xsleo

PostPosted: May 31, 2009, 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

It's a shame about your bike. It looks like the worst of the damage looks mostly on the front end.

'75 XS650B with a 79 dual disc front end, rear disk brake, Chrysler reg, Radio Shack rect, LED tail/ brake and turn signals.
Photo Gallery
blackwidow

PostPosted: May 31, 2009, 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

Yeah I found a parts bike the guy is gonna give it to me free but it's an xs400 so hopefully the forks will work but hell it's free so can't go wrong

PostPosted: May 31, 2009, 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: The Black Widow my first bike build

The forks will need to be modified.The necks are different. Look up the Fongs Bros stuff on 650chopper. One of their builds they talk about modifing it.

Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7