650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > went for a ride today

went for a ride today
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
Toecutter

PostPosted: April 5, 2009, 11:00 pm    Post subject: went for a ride today

well today was a good day!I got the chopper stipped down to the bare bones.my brother rode over on his 94,1100 Honda shadow.so naturally the race was on! We tightened the chain on the donor bike and headed out to the main road.I remember thinkin how strong the little twin felt.so we got our opening and we headed out at a drag race pace .the houses around us were alive with the ear blistering roar of the two staight piped twins as they raced off around the first curve.Bronson slowed down and waved for me to come up beside him.but there was alot of oncoming traffic,and i don't know if you've ever ridden a chopper but let me fill you in on a little insider joke.you feel like it could fly appart at any time and with your feet out in front of you and a very thin seat with a backwards angle to it you feel like your gonna slide off the back when you gas it!other than that it's a total blast!!so finnally we get some clear road and i get up beside him we dropped down to about 35mph and i dropped down to second gear and GAGGED IT!!! I jumped him a good bike,and held him off till around 60mph then he slowly came on by and dusted me.BUT MAN IT WAS FUN!!!!!now we get to the interesting part.I had'nt bothered to really give the doner bike a good looking over and when i came to a stop inoticed a scrapping noise.i gave the bike a good looking over and found the chain gaurd had lost its bolt and was rubbing the sprocket.so i had no way to tie it up because i had'nt got the bike ready for the road.so what to do?why not try to rip it off with my bare hand's!!! so that's what i tried to do.i got it bent out of the way enough to make it home anyway.It was a good day!
Attached Thumbnails

bare bones 012.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.08 KB
 Viewed:  82 Time(s)

bare bones 012.jpg

chain 013.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.74 KB
 Viewed:  84 Time(s)

chain 013.jpg

Barbara

PostPosted: April 6, 2009, 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: went for a ride today

Great story! I, on the other hand, spent the day changing out the points, advance rod and bob-weights, but she is fine now, and I got in a little ride. Nothing like your's, however.....someday I'd like to build a bike for pure speed; then I'd just have to find the nerve to ride it!

Sounds like fun..... Laughing

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
The unnamed Triumph T-140
and the 1979 XS650....with "potential"
illie the 1980 airhead BMW
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1