650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > Howdy from Hooterville!

Howdy from Hooterville!
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
BubbaKahuna

PostPosted: March 20, 2009, 12:19 am    Post subject: Howdy from Hooterville!

Wink OK, maybe not Hooterville, but right down the road from it.
Fort Atkinson actually & I work at a Yamaha dealership in sales, both floor and internet.

Anyway I just scored a couple XS650s in the last week and though I've been lurking around here and other boards for a while haven't done any posting until now.

The first 650 is one I bought for my wife, an extremely clean black 82 Heritage Special. I snagged it for only $700 and after the Service Manager at the Yamaha dealership I work at took it for a spin he said "No &^$# way you'll find another bike like this for that cheap. Let me have it for 2 hours and it'll run & ride like a brand new bike". Gotta love that. It has the clutch seal leak & needs rear brakes, but it's at the shop right now waiting to be fixed tomorrow - my parts just came in today. My wife learned to ride last year and even though she ended her season by dumping her Rebel going into a curve a little too hot (she's fine) she's chomping at the bit to get her bike legs back and upgrade to a bigger bike - so I bought her the 650. It'll probably be all the bike she'll ever need & she loves it already. She actually rode her Rebel back home with a rotator cuff injury, crying the whole way but she wouldn't let me help her (I was riding right behind her when it happened). For such a cute little chick, my wife is pretty tough! I have no intention of doing anything to this bike but maintaining and possibly restoring it for her. It's already really nice, won't take much to make it perfect.

The other bike I picked up (last night) is a 77 that was setup for ice racing that runs great and pulls very strong with no leaks or noises. Already kind of stripped down for racing but came with so many extra parts it's ridiculous. Included in the $350 price is a spare engine, 3 sets of wheels & tires including Special rims and even a pair of aluminum rims as well as a pair of ice tires. Also in there is one of the rims with 2 disks on it already, a pair of front calipers, extra cables, a nice clean chrome rear fender, extra gas tank, headlight nacelle & a lot more. I plan on doing a hardtail on this one - that's what I was originally looking for when I stumbled across my wife's new ride. I just upped a few pics of the bike (still in the trailer in my driveway) to photobucket @ s233.photobucket.com/a...es/bobber/

Cheers,
- JJ :: aka BubbaKahuna

Last edited by BubbaKahuna on March 21, 2009, 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
xsjohn

PostPosted: March 20, 2009, 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Howdy from Hooterville!

Welcome..............hooters on scooters that's cool.............built up a nice 77 for my wife and she wouldn't even ride it.........kept saying your just doing that for yourself.........sold it .............

xsjohn
Photo Gallery
whynot2

PostPosted: March 20, 2009, 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Howdy from Hooterville!

WOW!
Welcome aboard.
Greg

1989 FJ1200
Photo Gallery
gordo
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: March 20, 2009, 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Howdy from Hooterville!

Nice score Bubba, welcome to the site.Gordo

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1