650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Chopper jobs > > The Flyng "W" build log....

The Flyng "W" build log....
Go to page 1, 2  Next
    Forum Index -> Chopper jobs
sure

PostPosted: February 3, 2009, 10:52 am    Post subject: The Flyng "W" build log....

This build log will be different then mot as most of it will be videos..
This is a bike we are building for a local design firm,The Wilkinson Bros..
Here are the first 2 installments..So sit back, relax and waste a few minutes..
the flying "w" donor bike vid

the build begins

if anyoe knows if you can embed vids here so help would be appreciated.
NateDogg

PostPosted: February 3, 2009, 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: The Flyng "W" build log....

cool, but cookie cutter
sure

PostPosted: February 3, 2009, 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: The Flyng "W" build log....

NateDogg wrote:
cool, but cookie cutter
well if you mean the bike we are building the bike they want,and if you mean the vid,well what do you want a high budget CGI filled extravaganza?
some people can never be satisfied..
NateDogg

PostPosted: February 3, 2009, 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: The Flyng "W" build log....

No, didnt mean either, just seems like everybody's bike is the same....
metalredneck

PostPosted: February 3, 2009, 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The Flyng "W" build log....

Where's Mikey & Polly Sr.?

PostPosted: February 3, 2009, 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: The Flyng "W" build log....

NateDogg wrote:
No, didnt mean either, just seems like everybody's bike is the same....
must be the sporster tank..I think maybe you should keep checking back and then decide if you still think it's cookie cutter,if you do then hey it's an opinion,not a big deal..
tito650

PostPosted: February 3, 2009, 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: The Flyng "W" build log....

i like the vids Smile as for cookie cutter,as long as ur happy with the build thats all that matters! they aren't riding it u are Cool
Photo Gallery
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: February 3, 2009, 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: The Flyng "W" build log....

Good to see, thanks for putting it up. Cheers
NateDogg

PostPosted: February 3, 2009, 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: The Flyng "W" build log....

Im just grumpy because my bike has a sporty tank and z bars and I'm trying to come up with somethin before spring, then my buffing wheel skinned my wrist, it's all gone downhill since, and it's fucking snowing again!! Please continue, looks cool......remember back in the day, bicycle choppers and a few kids would swap the handlebars for a steering wheel? That would be interesting!!!
JeffM

PostPosted: February 3, 2009, 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: The Flyng "W" build log....

Steering wheel, ha ha ... you have to find one of those chrome welded chain ones with the deeep dish to the spokes...

www.spiderautomotive.c...nt840.html

www.mexicowoods.com/pa...y170_3.jpg
sure

PostPosted: February 11, 2009, 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: The Flyng "W" build log....

metalredneck

PostPosted: February 17, 2009, 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The Flyng "W" build log....

Er, those may well be the stoopidest bars I have ever seen. Ugly and non-functional.

PostPosted: February 17, 2009, 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: The Flyng "W" build log....

metalredneck wrote:
Er, those may well be the stoopidest bars I have ever seen. Ugly and non-functional.

and your opinion matters to who?
jayel
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: February 17, 2009, 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: The Flyng "W" build log....

now, now, red, you're just not seeing the vision of the artiste who designed this fine example of rolling non-functionality..... damn! are those in front of the steering stem? Shocked
sure

PostPosted: February 17, 2009, 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: The Flyng "W" build log....

Here we go again with the peanut gallery..
metalredneck

PostPosted: February 17, 2009, 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: The Flyng "W" build log....

You build what you wanna build, you need nobody's approval. Just don't s*** a brick when folks point out that it may be unrideable, due to wrist-wrenching ergos and no front brakes.
I've built (and continue to build) some ugly stuff too, even just for shock value. But I also have to ride it to & from work.

PostPosted: February 17, 2009, 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: The Flyng "W" build log....

mmmmm, peanuts.

If you are posting on the internet, I think you are leaving yourself open to opinions...
sure

PostPosted: February 17, 2009, 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: The Flyng "W" build log....

metalredneck wrote:
You build what you wanna build, you need nobody's approval. Just don't s*** a brick when folks point out that it may be unrideable, due to wrist-wrenching ergos and no front brakes.
I've built (and continue to build) some ugly stuff too, even just for shock value. But I also have to ride it to & from work.

who was shitting a brick? It would have been different if I freaked out about what you said.It was my way of saying "I don't care what you think" but even if I had said that it would have turned into something..so,so what we all build different stuff and that is what makes bike building or building anything great.If everyone liked everything it would be a boring world to live in.
I too ride to and from work 80 miles round trip on that bike..It wasn't built to go in the garage and look at..
sure

PostPosted: February 17, 2009, 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: The Flyng "W" build log....

JeffM wrote:
mmmmm, peanuts.

If you are posting on the internet, I think you are leaving yourself open to opinions...

o thanks Mr. obvious...
JeffM

PostPosted: February 17, 2009, 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The Flyng "W" build log....

You're welcome! Very Happy
Yamaha_chop

PostPosted: February 17, 2009, 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: The Flyng "W" build log....

Holy cow, what's with the hate here? People are so quick to jump on the whole- your bike sucks, you asked for my opinion- bandwagon. I always heard growing up that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Constructive criticism is one thing, but to simply tell someone their stuff sucks is a waste of time.

I happen to like Sure's bars, looks like a fun bike to ride.

But of course, I come from the school of thinking where if it comes down to it, I choose form/function. That's just me, because I like bikes that look great. If they take a minor hit in the functionality department, I can handle that.

If I want a bike that handles perfectly and looks like every other bike, I'll go buy a new sportbike.

I suppose that's why bikes are just toys to me, not transportation.
tito650

PostPosted: February 17, 2009, 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: The Flyng "W" build log....

yea the hate around here is getting old ! Mad were on here to share ideas and have discussions not cut each other apart. Sad
Photo Gallery
drifter
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: February 17, 2009, 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The Flyng "W" build log....

Well...I don't really like the bars on sure's bike, but that is just me. I can't tell him they suck. I can't tell him they are ugly. I can't dis his work in any way. Hell...he's a bike builder and he has a vision of what he wants to create. That's just it...it's HIS vision. Not mine or anyone else's. I give credit to anyone who is dedicated to building a quality bike. I've seen lots of stuff lately that is really unrideable, and if he rides his that is a big plus in my book. Sure...keep building and keep posting. I may not like certain parts on your bikes, but I will tell you what i do like! I'd love to have the bike in the pic with a set of drag bars and a 7 inch headlight. Everything else can stay just like it is!
Anyone who creates rideable art from an XS650 should be given credit.

Dave

"Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers." Hunter S. Thompson
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: February 17, 2009, 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: The Flyng "W" build log....

If you just leave the look of the bike original then no one can say you hosed it up... Laughing

xsjohn
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Chopper jobs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2