650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Parts Needed > > Stock Parts > > ignition system parts needed

ignition system parts needed
    Forum Index -> Stock Parts
tito650

PostPosted: January 27, 2009, 12:53 am    Post subject: ignition system parts needed

hey guys i'm gettin desprate! lol ! can any body in here hook me up with the

points plate ,adavnce rod , mechanical adavance with advance nut

preaty much every thing there but bushings and points i can get these

thanks so much for reading this.
Photo Gallery
tito650

PostPosted: January 27, 2009, 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: ignition system parts needed

still no luck please help
Photo Gallery
knightrider

PostPosted: January 28, 2009, 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: ignition system parts needed

I believe mikes XS has the parts you need.
xsleo

PostPosted: January 28, 2009, 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: ignition system parts needed

may find them on ebay too.

'75 XS650B with a 79 dual disc front end, rear disk brake, Chrysler reg, Radio Shack rect, LED tail/ brake and turn signals.
Photo Gallery
tito650

PostPosted: January 28, 2009, 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: ignition system parts needed

been on ebay for a wile none there and mikes xs wants a arm and a leg for that stuff Shocked
Photo Gallery
Mikesxs

PostPosted: January 28, 2009, 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: ignition system parts needed

toto650: An arm & a Leg ? ?
You should check Yamaha's price or any other bike in existance and you will see just what those parts really go for. I had to spend a fair bit and buy thousands to get those components made again and they are sold for a fraction of the original prices.

Mike @ Mikes XS
oldskoolcool

PostPosted: January 28, 2009, 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: ignition system parts needed

hahaha, no kidding. Nah, just hunt for crappy used stuff and hope you find stuff good enough that it lasts.
jimmythetrucker

PostPosted: January 28, 2009, 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: ignition system parts needed

As far as I can tell, Mike's doesn't sell new breaker plates. I shopped the whole site and didn't see one. I had to come here to find one. Thank you, Pamco Pete.

So, Mike -- how's come you got everything EXCEPT the breaker plate? Seriously, no foolin' and no offense intended. I'd just like to know.
Mikesxs

PostPosted: January 28, 2009, 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: ignition system parts needed

No breaker plates as I have never found anyone who will make them.
Even the companies who are in that business do not want the business as they say the bike is too old, still searching. Used Breaker plates do show up on e-bay fairly often or should be available from salvage yards. See our web links & try there.

Mike @ Mikes XS
tito650

PostPosted: January 29, 2009, 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: ignition system parts needed

hey i didn't mean to piss any one off! but in this day and age i'll just find used crap and rebuild it. as far as price i bet there is a lot of money wrapped up in making those parts again. don't get pissed at me for stating somthing is a little out of my price range. i bet a lot lot of people look at those parts add it all up and say wow do i get them or not and never think about what it took to reproduce them. realy come on though don't blast me for wondering if i should spend the money then u go on it took a fair bit of money to make those parts. u have that with any product. i'm just kinda rubbed the wrong way right now . Sad my opinion is my opinion .
Photo Gallery
Mikesxs

PostPosted: January 29, 2009, 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: ignition system parts needed

Tito650: Just explaining why the prices are low, why they are a good deal and why the price is not Zero. About 30 years ago I called in the Fram Filter sales rep ( A U.S.A. corp.) and asked them for a price on the CB750 Honda filters they produced ( at the time the Genuine Honda Filter from Japan cost me $0.26 each). The responce from the Fram rep was " We can't even package them for that much". Prices just don't go any lower than Asia and maybe even the cost to fill the tank is too high for you.
Can't blame you for trying but motorcycle parts just don't go much lower,
and most XS650 parts Are reasonably priced.

Mike Lalonde @ Mikes XS
tito650

PostPosted: January 29, 2009, 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: ignition system parts needed

i'm sure they r low and they are reasonably priced. just when ur doin a budget chop on a schedule all that u have to buy seems like a arm and a leg after a wile. this is one of those builds that is nickle and diming me lol. do u sell the hole advance system as a kit? Smile
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Stock Parts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1