650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > New to this forum

New to this forum
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
lowriderbob

PostPosted: January 19, 2009, 3:43 pm    Post subject: New to this forum

Hey guys, new to this forum but not to riding & the 650's. My first legal street bike was a brand new 77' XS650 I bought off the showroom floor for a grand total of $1495 back in 77'. I have had an affinity for them ever since. My last project was a 79' special that had only 4300 origional miles on it and garage kept. I got this bike in 2003 & wanted to build a streettracker. It took @ 2 years but I finally got it done. Rode it for a short while & sold it to help pay for the new harley road glide. Well now I have found another 650 that has only 5065 miles on the clock. But this one was left out on a patio near the ocean so you can imagine what kind of shape it was in. I picked this up 2 years ago for $100 and have been slowly working on it since. At first I was going to do a straight restoration back to origional condition, but the cafe bug bit so now I'm working on the conversion. I have a xs750 tank that I'll adapt and just sold the mag wheels so I can go with the mid 70's shouldered spoke rims for a more authentic look. Installed a set of Mikuni 36's and a new exhaust system and what a difference! So anyway, I'll post a pic of the tracker and the latest xs.
Photo Gallery
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: January 19, 2009, 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: New to this forum

Welcome & enjoy lowriderbob. We all get along pretty good here, except of course the ones who don't! Mr. Green
Some contributers even offer useful information (actualy most do really). And of course if nobody knows, then someone wil have a go at answering the curly ones you might come up with!
So long as your not offended too easily and don't mind seeing your thread on rear brake return springs end up a discussion on Palastinian beer, you'll be fine Laughing
Look forward to seeing some pics, cheers

Barbara

PostPosted: January 19, 2009, 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: New to this forum

Welcome, Bob,

Funny you mentioning getting your '77 new--I got my '77 with 2500 miles on her, in February of 1978, from a Yammie dealer for $1250.00. I still have her, and (as you can see from the avatar) she lugs a chair after 60,000 miles.

It's a great site here, just watch out for the Aussies when they've been at the beer. Apparently it's hot there, and they get testy.... Wink

(Ouch! Gawd, you guys---lighten up, I was kidding!) (Kinda...) Laughing

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
The unnamed Triumph T-140
and the 1979 XS650....with "potential"
illie the 1980 airhead BMW
Photo Gallery
pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

Location: Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.- 1977 XS650 "D" Standard

PostPosted: January 19, 2009, 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: New to this forum

Welcome lowriderbob. Lots of smart fellows here that know lots about XSs. I think they know lots about other things too. I read and listen mostly as I've still got a lot to learn.

My Bikes
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1