650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Cafe Racer > > cafe? yes, i think i will

cafe? yes, i think i will
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
    Forum Index -> Cafe Racer
MN_TX650

PostPosted: April 6, 2009, 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: cafe? yes, i think i will

It is an XS750 tank...and I personally think it look tits on the bike man. But I am partial to the 750 tanks on the 650 cafe bikes. =)
Dunbar

PostPosted: April 6, 2009, 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: cafe? yes, i think i will

yeah, i dig it...just needs a bit of paint, and i need to do something with the seat as well. thinkin' about using my old tank to build the tail for the new seat...could be cool.
Dunbar

PostPosted: April 9, 2009, 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: cafe? yes, i think i will

...probably going to be a bit of delay on getting the tank mounted for good...getting it to set right isn't going to happen without a bit of minor fab work, so it'll be July when i go on leave and can use my dads shop before i get the tank painted and mounted...oh well, i can roll the stock tank for now i guess :/
MN_TX650

PostPosted: April 9, 2009, 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: cafe? yes, i think i will

what kind of fab work are you looking at doing?
Dunbar

PostPosted: April 9, 2009, 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: cafe? yes, i think i will

the front mounting on the tank are the exact same as the tabs on the frame, so i need to do something about that, and in the rear, it seems like the tab that you run the bolt through is sitting at the wrong angle. i'm still not sure what i'm going to do up front, to be honest :/
MN_TX650

PostPosted: April 9, 2009, 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: cafe? yes, i think i will

you knock the cups off the frame, and drill a hole thru the frame to mount the rubbers off your old tank to the frame. Takes about 30 minutes with a cold chisel, grinder, and drill

You can see the old rubbers mounted to the frame in these pics:

there is a link outlining the install around here somewhere too. I thought I PM'd it to you at one point
Dunbar

PostPosted: April 9, 2009, 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: cafe? yes, i think i will

awesome, thanks...and you may have pm'd it to me, i'll have to have a look
MN_TX650

PostPosted: April 9, 2009, 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: cafe? yes, i think i will

found it:

xs650temp.proboards.co...hread=4820
MN_TX650

PostPosted: April 9, 2009, 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: cafe? yes, i think i will

Here is that bike finished:

www.650rider.com/index...mp;start=0
Dunbar

PostPosted: April 9, 2009, 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: cafe? yes, i think i will

oh wow, effin' bookmark'd...turned out awesome.
MN_TX650

PostPosted: April 9, 2009, 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: cafe? yes, i think i will

so don't get discouraged on that tank yet. Smile
Dunbar

PostPosted: April 10, 2009, 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: cafe? yes, i think i will

haha, thanks. certainly looks easier than i thought it was going to be. might make it happen this weekend *crosses fingers* if the weather stays reasonable.
Gmaan
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 10, 2009, 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: cafe? yes, i think i will

Good decision
1974 Kawasaki H1 500 triple (MY BABY)
1975 Yamaha TX 650 (just need paint)
Dunbar

PostPosted: April 13, 2009, 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: cafe? yes, i think i will

decided the GlenLivet and it's related shenanigans were of higher importance this weekend Razz

Forum Index -> Cafe Racer All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3