650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Parts Needed > > Stock Parts > > WTB Front End

WTB Front End
    Forum Index -> Stock Parts
XduncanX

PostPosted: October 28, 2008, 9:53 pm    Post subject: WTB Front End

Want to buy a complete front end for a 75. Triple trees, forks, sliders. Only thing I dont need is the front wheel. Thanks!
5twins

PostPosted: October 28, 2008, 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB Front End

Unless you're doing a full 10 point restoration, you might want to consider a '78 or newer front end - they're the best.
XduncanX

PostPosted: October 29, 2008, 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: WTB Front End

I really wanted to get out of buying a new brake caliper, the 75 model has the caliper up front, 77' and later I think has it behind the lowers towards the rear of the bike. I've looked at the lowers and it would appear that you can flip them around, but I dont think it would be that easy to keep the 75 caliper.
bluebikerblan

PostPosted: October 29, 2008, 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB Front End

I have the 650 B triple trees, 34 mm stock front forks, caliper and related hydraulics nuts and bolts etc. Master cylinder, brake lines and a very nice front fender as well if you're interested. I just traded in a 79 SF front end except for the front wheel for the reasons 5 twins refers to. ie I agree with him. However, to each his own?

PS it would be a heavy package to ship as you might guess. Best, Blue

PM if you're interested. Best, Blue

Last edited by bluebikerblan on November 2, 2008, 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
XduncanX

PostPosted: October 29, 2008, 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB Front End

You've peeked my curiosity. What about the 78's and up is better? Does the 35mm really add that much more to handling? Because ultimately, a new front end is all I need, and if I need to I'll get the other caliper, I just didnt know there would be that much of a difference between the 34 and 35mm forks.
bluebikerblan

PostPosted: October 31, 2008, 6:02 pm    Post subject:

delete

Last edited by bluebikerblan on November 7, 2008, 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
bluebikerblan

PostPosted: November 1, 2008, 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: WTB Front End

Quite a few changes in these years..........brakes: MC, lines to banjo fittings, hydraulic switch to brake lever mechanical, caliper, triple trees for 34mm to 35mm, instruments and pod mounts. Front forks incorporated
adjustable pre-load feature for the first time and front brake disc. Front fender from two strut support/mount to reduced size-no struts.

I tend to shy away from "better/worse" comments re classic/vintage bikes.
As my buddy a dealer says...."They're all worse" or as I say "all better" and I don't shy away from mix and match of the varying pieces I like. You pays your money and you takes your choices.

Retaining resale value probably is best done by keeping things as near stock configuration as practical. BOL Blue

PostPosted: November 5, 2008, 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB Front End

I've got a '75 front end and I'm itching to get rid of it. Get in touch if you're still interested.

Forum Index -> Stock Parts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1