650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Motorcycle Systems > > Fuel > > Where to buy bigger jets?

Where to buy bigger jets?
    Forum Index -> Fuel
engine22

PostPosted: October 20, 2008, 11:30 pm    Post subject: Where to buy bigger jets?

Probably going to need to rejet the carbs on my 78 (bs38 carbs), where should I buy the bigger sized jets?
Photo Gallery
5twins

PostPosted: October 21, 2008, 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: Where to buy bigger jets?

I prefer genuine Mikuni jets over the knock-offs. I just think they're better. If you shop around, you can get them for pretty much the same price as the repros so why buy copies? One repro brand especially to stay away from is RD. They're cheap but don't fit well. They feel like they're cross-threading when you screw them in.

You may be able to get Mikuni jets at one of your local shops. Check around at ones that deal in dirt bikes or snowmobiles - those guys are always rejetting. Chapparal has them for a good price and so does this place ....

www.psep.biz/store/mik...in_jet.htm

There was another place but I can't find the link right now. I'll keep searching though as this place had a great selection and prices.
seattleducati

PostPosted: October 21, 2008, 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Where to buy bigger jets?

I got mine from the link 5twins posted. It took a little bit longer than expected to get them, because 1 jet was back-ordered...but the price was good and they respond to emails quickly.
engine22

PostPosted: October 21, 2008, 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to buy bigger jets?

thank you very much i just ordered some, home they work
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: October 21, 2008, 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to buy bigger jets?

Bigger jets are not always the answer...proper mix screw settings and proper transition to the main needle with maybe the next sized MJ is usually the answer.......proper transition to the main needle is really the answer....moving the c-clip from one notch to the other is usually way to much.........even a couple of thousands is important.....as for me wouldn't know much about that after 40 years of dicking with it..............

xsjohn
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Fuel All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1