650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > Dont ya just hate tidying the shed

Dont ya just hate tidying the shed
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
stomper11

PostPosted: October 7, 2008, 4:17 pm    Post subject: Dont ya just hate tidying the shed

Hi just got my 2nd xs 3 weeks back and am itchin to get a bobber project started so i thought ok better clean up the shed ready for the long cold
(uk) days and nights spent supin tea&biccies goin to do it right this time no mess put spanners back stick to the plan stay focused yeah right i am on my 3rd day cleaning the bleeding shed out you know what i mean an old bike mag 1hour flickin thro. shall i junk this old bit of tat no i might need it sometime wow i was looking for that last year by this rate i might get started by xmas (11weeks to go haha) ah well looks like the mice have had a good summer all the fur in one of my boots has gone and i am sure i left the shed cleaner than this last spring when i got the mower out ? stomper shedhead
Barbara

PostPosted: October 7, 2008, 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Dont ya just hate tidying the shed

Oh, but that hit's close to home! I go out into the shed and anticipate a project that will take a couple of hours, and then I have to update the bike log I keep, and then somehow a beer from the 'fridge I have out there crawls into my hand, and it's warmer in the shed than in the house and I don't feel like doing the dishes anyway, and shouldn't I really pay some attention to the Triumph? It must be getting impatient, waiting for me to finish playing with the Yammie and fabricating a luggage rack for the sidecar, and of course my friend's daughter's little mini-bike (Z50-r Honda) is still sitting on the bench in the middle of things, and damn, this floor has sharp objects all over it and if I don't want flat tires I'd better sweep it right now.....

.....and so it goes. I have a pipe-bender I can't even get to, and a small drill-press I've turned into a buffing wheel, and it's getting very crowded, too.

And don't even get me started about the BSA area of the shed! I just need a bigger building, that's all. (Wouldn't that be nice??) Rolling Eyes

And it's all fun!

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
The unnamed Triumph T-140
and the 1979 XS650....with "potential"
illie the 1980 airhead BMW
Photo Gallery
metalredneck

PostPosted: October 7, 2008, 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Dont ya just hate tidying the shed

I made one run to the scrap metal joint on Saturday, blew a trailer tire. As soon as I get the tire replaced, i'll take the other 6 wrecks that I've stripped, and do some more cleaning before the snow flies, then replace the pipes, & build some rear-sets as per a previous thread.
I can almost see the surface of the bench... Shocked
tweedy64

PostPosted: October 7, 2008, 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Dont ya just hate tidying the shed

Cleaning sheds! dont even go there stomper cleared my shed out the other week best i'd seen it ......nice........went to go out on bike mrs says can i put this old hoover in ur shed .......ye sure............2 hours later i cant see my feckn bench, i need an extension on me shed. tweedy
Photo Gallery
jayel
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: October 7, 2008, 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Dont ya just hate tidying the shed

"I just need a bigger building, that's all. (Wouldn't that be nice??)"

unfortunatly I have found that stuff expands to fill availible space
24x24 garage, 2 12x20 workshops, 1's mine the others the wifes Martha shed for gardening stuff (I usually park the Harley in it for the winter) and a new this summer 10x10 riding lawn mower shed that a few bike parts have all ready managed to sneak into, when does it end?

stomper11

PostPosted: October 8, 2008, 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: Dont ya just hate tidying the shed

jayel wrote:
"I just need a bigger building, that's all. (Wouldn't that be nice??)"

unfortunatly I have found that stuff expands to fill availible space
24x24 garage, 2 12x20 workshops, 1's mine the others the wifes Martha shed for gardening stuff (I usually park the Harley in it for the winter) and a new this summer 10x10 riding lawn mower shed that a few bike parts have all ready managed to sneak into, when does it end?
stomper11

PostPosted: October 8, 2008, 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: Dont ya just hate tidying the shed

tweedy64 wrote:
Cleaning sheds! dont even go there stomper cleared my shed out the other week best i'd seen it ......nice........went to go out on bike mrs says can i put this old hoover in ur shed .......ye sure............2 hours later i cant see my feckn bench, i need an extension on me shed. tweedy
Hey tweedy that will teach ya to go bragging to the mrs lol
stomper11

PostPosted: October 8, 2008, 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: Dont ya just hate tidying the shed

Barbara wrote:
Oh, but that hit's close to home! I go out into the shed and anticipate a project that will take a couple of hours, and then I have to update the bike log I keep, and then somehow a beer from the 'fridge I have out there crawls into my hand, and it's warmer in the shed than in the house and I don't feel like doing the dishes anyway, and shouldn't I really pay some attention to the Triumph? It must be getting impatient, waiting for me to finish playing with the Yammie and fabricating a luggage rack for the sidecar, and of course my friend's daughter's little mini-bike (Z50-r Honda) is still sitting on the bench in the middle of things, and damn, this floor has sharp objects all over it and if I don't want flat tires I'd better sweep it right now.....

.....and so it goes. I have a pipe-bender I can't even get to, and a small drill-press I've turned into a buffing wheel, and it's getting very crowded, too.

And don't even get me started about the BSA area of the shed! I just need a bigger building, that's all. (Wouldn't that be nice??) Rolling Eyes

And it's all fun!
Hi Barbara beer fridge nice with all that brit iron "now where 's that oil puddle come from" lol
Barbara

PostPosted: October 8, 2008, 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: Dont ya just hate tidying the shed

Hi Stomper,

"Oil puddle"?? I have four BSA singles....I use the oil they leak as bar oil for the chainsaw! Laughing

OK, I exaggerate for effect, but yes, they do "mark their turf" as they say. And here lately the Yammie has been doing a little "turf-marking" of her own, something I will have to look into when it gets too cold to keep riding.

It's really worth the cleaning to be able to work in a nice, warm building with a concrete floor--lots easier to find dropped lock washers or spacers! With the 'fridge, a diesel heater (kinda pricey) and a radio, it's nicer than parts of my house.....I even have a potty in a corner so I don't have to trot into the house!

Now--does anyone have a carb for a 1983 Z50-r Honda? I wanna get that silly little thing out of the shed! Rolling Eyes

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
Photo Gallery
sschering

PostPosted: October 8, 2008, 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Dont ya just hate tidying the shed

Barbara..

You might be getting some BSA questions from me in a few months..
I'm getting a 1954 BSA 250(model unknown was told it's a flat tracker)
It's been hiding in the in-laws garage since the 60's.

They just have to dig it out.. Same problem as Stomper.. 40 years of stuff.. small distracting treasures around every corner.

William's Law ...
Barbara

PostPosted: October 8, 2008, 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Dont ya just hate tidying the shed

Wow! That's great--a C11 or C12 perhaps? I have friends who have both, and actually have M20 500 single flatheads, so whatever, I bet I can steer you in the direction of someone who knows what you have. A 1954 is pre-unit, thus inherently cool----

Pictures, perhaps?

(Sorry for the mini-hijack---now back to your regularly scheduled thread...)

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
Photo Gallery
sschering

PostPosted: October 8, 2008, 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Dont ya just hate tidying the shed

I've been told I won't get it for a month or two..
It's quite buried in the 2 car garage for over 20 years..
We won't be able to made a ID on the model till we can pull it out.

They have the same problem as the rest of us only 10x worse.
Just picture 450 sq feet 2 car shop packed 6ft high with stuff and the BSA is hiding in there somewhere.. plus boxes of parts for it scattered around the shop.
I think there might be a little goat trail going to the light switch..

I need to do some shop cleaning myself.. 15ft bench and just enough free space to put down some carbs or something.. Top of the 44" roller cab is 3 layers deep in tools..

But the floor is clean!

William's Law ...
pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

Location: Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.- 1977 XS650 "D" Standard

PostPosted: October 9, 2008, 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Dont ya just hate tidying the shed

Ok look now cuz you'll never see it this clean again. Still needs paint, loft built, power etc.

shed done.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  334.71 KB
 Viewed:  101 Time(s)

shed done.jpg

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
Barbara

PostPosted: October 10, 2008, 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Dont ya just hate tidying the shed

Cool! Is that a St. Bernard in the door? (Big door!!) Wink

Something must be wrong with my shed--I seem to have mushroom-like growths around the outside base; old paint cans, dead tires, a couple of wood heaters and all sorts of parts left from my son repairing his car.....

What did I do wrong?

(So that's what a clean shed looks like! Who knew!!) It's really very nice!

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
Photo Gallery
pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: October 10, 2008, 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Dont ya just hate tidying the shed

He only THINKS he is as big as a ST. Bernard.

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
stomper11

PostPosted: October 10, 2008, 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: Dont ya just hate tidying the shed

Hey Pumps what a cool shed over here in uk we would call it a house lol
tweedy64

PostPosted: October 10, 2008, 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Dont ya just hate tidying the shed

Cool shed pumps are you booked up for the full season as times are hard now. cheers tweedy
Photo Gallery
pumps
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: October 10, 2008, 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Dont ya just hate tidying the shed

I've got plenty of reservations already let me tell you!!! Mine is only 12x16. My neighbor built a detached garage that is 24x30 and has a 200 AMP breaker panel with its own meter on the outside.

My Bikes
Photo Gallery
delirious

PostPosted: October 10, 2008, 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Dont ya just hate tidying the shed

yep yep yep, def tyme to tidy my shop....though the bike will live in my house this winter again. the question is do i keep it in the front hall again or sub out the coffee table? not sure how to balance my coffee, ashtray, on her a still be able ta kick back n put my feet up LOL. my shop is a car and a half, and believe it or not one xs takes up a lotta room when working on cars. that n fact i`m a pack rat. working in the audio industry i tend ta bring home TV`s, amps, speakers, subs etc.. i`m my own worse enemy..........SAVE ME!!!!! ha ha ha ha. still waiting to see that assult raisin, Metalredneck!
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1