650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > Current financial crisis

Current financial crisis
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
xsjohn

PostPosted: November 30, 2009, 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

Global Warming

The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one………… Adolf Hitler

Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession……..
George Washington

"Hitler's dictatorship differed in one fundamental point from all its predecessors in history. It was the first dictatorship in the present period of modern technical development, a dictatorship which made complete use of all technical means for the domination of its own country. Through technical devices like the radio and the loud-speaker, eighty million people were deprived of independent thought. It was thereby possible to subject them to the will of one man..."
Albert Speer, Hitler's Minister for Armaments
Photo Gallery
Srinath

PostPosted: November 30, 2009, 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

I dont disagree on global warming, but think about this.
ost other countries have a much smaller energy useage per capita.
Now Yes they are tropical or what not. But even so USA is really really high.
Worse is the fact that we get all of that from foreign sources and the fact that we commute long distances using huge gas guzzling cars.
I'd really like to see a great reduction in energy use by mandating all office workers to work atleast 2-3 days a week form home.
Better yet, they should stagger their @ the office days and lighten the load on the infrastructure.

Remember this, global warming may be a hotly contested item, foreign and rapidly exhausted oil is not.

Global warming is the wrong focus, and I'd like to see $10 gasoline like in europe, so we will be forced to consume less of it.

Really if we drop our oil use to the levels of say europe the gulf war and most of the gulf states will promptly come to their knees and beg for us to help them.
Terrorists are funded by our time at the gas pump.
Cool.
Srinath.
xsjohn

PostPosted: November 30, 2009, 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

Americans will let their govt tax them because the climate changes ...now I can say I have heard everything.......... yesterday the sun was out ...today it is raining....... guess they are right ......the climate changes.....here's my 1800 dollars or whatever a year for the information......duh... Laughing

Why don't they just say we need your money and plan to take your freedoms away...... well I guess they really are.............

Breaking News//////// Elin proves she can beat Tiger with his own clubs...
Photo Gallery
Srinath

PostPosted: November 30, 2009, 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

Climate tax will actually be better than $10 gasoline ...
Why ...
Gas price going up is going to be borne by drivers.
Climate tax will be eaten by the whole population. AKA, residents of NY and SFO who dont even own a car much less drive it. Now they will be the biggest benefactors of a proper reversal in global warming if there ever was such a phenomenon. So I am for it, lets tax the crap out of people just for being alive.

You do know that they will subvert it into the gasoline tax dont you ...
That in effect is the goldman rule.

Goldman rule:- All econimic changes regardless of which party is in the white house or in congress will be to benifit goldman. If it is likely to do so otherwise, Goldman should be notified no less than 6 months in advance to be able to unload their weak positions to unsuspecting investors for market value.

Obviously goldman owns oil stock. Obviously goldman employees live in NYC. They drive very less because well, goldman in in NY. That will be the reason why there will be gas tax. They installed their men at the FED for nothing, you think ?

Cool.
Srinath.
xsjohn

PostPosted: November 30, 2009, 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

Well worth watching all 5 of these 9 min youtubes
Climate-Gate - Michael Coren with Lord Christopher Monckton part 3 of 5
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHQYm9lY1Y8
Photo Gallery
despecial

PostPosted: December 2, 2009, 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

- Idea:
- pull the 30,000 US troops currently deployed, back home... remove rahm emmanuel, withdraw all aid to israel, call in their debts and give back all of the homes stolen by the Israelis during the Nakba and state formation. Pull down the wall. Such an action would likely have a very interesting deflating impact on the jihadist "narrative" as well. That would be a lot more fun to watch on broadband than the daily grind in Afghanistan and the surrounding Peak Oil Wars.

PostPosted: December 2, 2009, 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

Maybe the US should pull out and just let the huge nuclear fireball end the quibbling.......wonder which way the wind will be blowing that day......?

CO2 won't be on the blogs then.........
Photo Gallery
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: December 2, 2009, 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

New Aus opposition leader just pulled the pin on new emissions trade agreement...........Nothing to take to Copenhagen for our PM
xsjohn

PostPosted: December 2, 2009, 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

Australia has come to it's senses.....hopefully that will happen here in the US .........

Penny Wong......now why did I know where she was coming from before I even looked to find out...........

I'm not really up to speed on Australian Politics but this global warming scheme is everywhere.......and has to be stopped.....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L9fY0ijT_Y

new credit card.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  34.88 KB
 Viewed:  284 Time(s)

new credit card.jpg

Photo Gallery
Srinath

PostPosted: December 2, 2009, 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

despecial wrote:
- Idea:
- pull the 30,000 US troops currently deployed, back home... remove rahm emmanuel, withdraw all aid to israel, call in their debts and give back all of the homes stolen by the Israelis during the Nakba and state formation. Pull down the wall. Such an action would likely have a very interesting deflating impact on the jihadist "narrative" as well. That would be a lot more fun to watch on broadband than the daily grind in Afghanistan and the surrounding Peak Oil Wars.

As much as Israel is doing a lot to provoke the moslems, moslems were fighting other countries/religions long before Israel. The US started fighting moslem fundamental terrorists in 2001, India has been fighting them since 1947. Literally they will fight any one and everyone. No israel, no problem, they'd fight India, they'd fight eastern europe, they'd fight any other who happens to be sitting somewhere.
India has a couple of pockets where the majority is Moslem. Pakisthan has been fighting over that ever since the british left. The sad thing is, the Indian Muslims aren't eager to join fundemental islam like in Pakisthan. Think of India as "burkah optional". Pakisthan hates that. They would fight any one for any reason. The only thing to do, stop using their oil, develop an alternative and leave them to fight each other till they all die. Help it along by selling arms to both sides in that conflict, make $ that we collect from them as cash and let them all kill each other.
Cool.
Srinath.
despecial

PostPosted: December 2, 2009, 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

- my main objective was the separation of israel and its stranglehold over u.s politics, obviating the need for handlers like rahm emmanual---a direct consequence would be the marginalising of jihadists who currently dont have to look far for provocation ...in my experience most moslems are peaceful people, the main problem lies in the fundamental fringes irregardless of religious persuasion...terrorism is not a muslim prerogative...
- modern pakistan is the same age as myself and i remember well the strife that went into the formation of bangaladesh...considering hindi and islamic factions fought together prior to independence in 47 and that india has the worlds third largest islamic population and largest islamic minority, its a shame that a peaceable cohabitation hasnt been possible due to a mix of hindu nationalism and islamic extremism, sihk displacement and christian interference, a recipe for disaster

Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: December 2, 2009, 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

If fundamentalism is a concern then the new Aussie opposition leader is it. If he could get his way we would have Christianity tort for 4 hours each day in our schools and the other 4 hours would be whatever else he believed and not the facts......The guy is a tool and only won by one vote and now has given the Rudd gov't the opportunity to go to the pols with a double dissolution in the house and the liberals in such dissaray that they are likely to loose another 20 seats and be confined to the opposition for 10 years
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: December 2, 2009, 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

10 commandments or gay penguins...........pick one.........

I don't even go to church and have no difficulty on which one I want my son to hear about when he is 7-8 or whatever..............
Photo Gallery
Srinath

PostPosted: December 2, 2009, 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

despecial wrote:
- my main objective was the separation of israel and its stranglehold over u.s politics, obviating the need for handlers like rahm emmanual---a direct consequence would be the marginalising of jihadists who currently dont have to look far for provocation ...in my experience most moslems are peaceful people, the main problem lies in the fundamental fringes irregardless of religious persuasion...terrorism is not a muslim prerogative...
- modern pakistan is the same age as myself and i remember well the strife that went into the formation of bangaladesh...considering hindi and islamic factions fought together prior to independence in 47 and that india has the worlds third largest islamic population and largest islamic minority, its a shame that a peaceable cohabitation hasnt been possible due to a mix of hindu nationalism and islamic extremism, sihk displacement and christian interference, a recipe for disaster

In india all the different religions were co existing in peace till pakisthan intervened. Sikh's were also funded, armed and ideologically directed by pakisthan.
Christians and Hindu's have not been in conflict in India.
India meddled in sri lanka BTW, helping the SL army down the LTTE and they came back and assasinated Rajiv Gandhi.
Anyway all these religions used to live just fine in India. Used to is the key. War is expensive, meddling is cheaper. So all of these countries meddle with the others.
Cool.
Srinath.
despecial

PostPosted: December 2, 2009, 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

- im not sure india has ever been at peace..hindu-muslim conflict has a long history going back further than the umayyad caliphat in sindh and the rise and fall of the mughal empire...sihk-muslim conflict to before the killing of guru arjan dev and has been exacerbated by the divisions of pujab and bengal...muslim-christian problems go back at least as far as the 17th century and tippu sultan....and this is only in the last 1300 years or so, i hate to think what has happened before this

PostPosted: December 2, 2009, 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

That was before India became 1 country. It was several "empires".
From 47 on when India actually was turned over to Indians by the british, there was war with Pakisthan off an on till the mid 70's past which they moved on to meddling instead of open conflict. There on there has been pockets of conflict but has been overall peaceful. Meddling by pakisthan, china and India meddling in Sri lanka have been the main sources of conflict.
Cool.
Srinath.
despecial

PostPosted: December 2, 2009, 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

- the sub continent has had a very interesting history which like all geographic entities has been subject to all sorts of self interest and intrigue under the guises of religion, politics, nationalism, empirism, trade etc-the reverberations of which will echo down through whatever time we have left...in truth i know of no regions which have not suffered the same

Last edited by despecial on December 2, 2009, 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
xsjohn

PostPosted: December 2, 2009, 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

First – Eighth Crusades 1096-1270…….must have been some contention before that…

But now that they are nuking up the final hour is closing in quickly…I really think it is our job to stop them…like it or not…..or we all go up……bottom line……..

Now that would be "real" global warming.........
Photo Gallery
despecial

PostPosted: December 2, 2009, 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

- pssst wanna buy some prime german würst and brot pre-nuked from chernobl and depleted uranium radiation

PostPosted: December 2, 2009, 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

I'll have the polar bear (medium rare) bake popato and green beans please............. Laughing

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgPUpIBWGp8
Photo Gallery
despecial

PostPosted: December 3, 2009, 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

- one big happy family

www.youtube.com/watch?...it-Fs8RLw&

PostPosted: December 3, 2009, 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

despecial wrote:
- the sub continent has had a very interesting history which like all geographic entities has been subject to all sorts of self interest and intrigue under the guises of religion, politics, nationalism, empirism, trade etc-the reverberations of which will echo down through whatever time we have left...in truth i know of no regions which have not suffered the same

Yea but ... between 1947 and 80 barring the wars with pakisthan and china, India had peace, dammit. Yea, that was the best. Weak, I know.
Cool.
Srinath.
despecial

PostPosted: December 3, 2009, 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

- the indo-sino conflicts following the 5 principles of peaceful coexistence in 54 exacerbated by neru taking the dalai lama in resulted in india suffering defeats in 59 and 62-aksai chin, pradesh and 67 sikkim put them in a position of weakness leading to the indo-paki conflicts in rann of kutch in 65...indian politicing in west pakistan led to the creation of bangaladesh in 71 and later politicing led to the current problems in sri lanka

- from 47 politicing and muslim-hindi conflict led to the creation of pakistan ... internal problems over communal living has led to muslim-hindu rioting pretty much each year with notable events being mumbai 92-93, 2002 starting in gujarat spreading across india, also the anti sihk riots in 84 ... it never really stopped

- i think that the raping of the sub continent by the british was a critical turning point for india, although there had always been some conflict between muslims and hindus since 700ad, sufi islam had endorsed a long term perspective of relative communality-they were there to stay and there was no percentage in creating deep strife...the brits on the other hand werent there to stay and were only interested in lining their own pockets, playing factions off against each other has created very deep resentments...schade...

PostPosted: December 3, 2009, 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Current financial crisis

India was not India till the british united the kingdoms into 1 country.

Bangladesh was not really a result of politics, they were pushing for a separate country. Kashmir was also given a plebiscite option, not sure what happened there, I dont recall, or was too young.

Yea 80's and 90's were big for Pakisthan to meddle in India.

Its been interesting discussing this with you too despecial.
Cool.
Srinath.

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 48 of 51