650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > I'm sold on 650central!

I'm sold on 650central!
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
killtrip

PostPosted: September 9, 2008, 3:26 pm    Post subject: I'm sold on 650central!

Until now, I hadn't ordered anything from 650 Central.. that will change in the future.

ike was super nice and helpful on the phone, especially after sitting through my dumb questions.. So I ordered a gasket from him, then called later to ask if I could add a seat to the order.. not a problem he said. That was Friday night.... I just got it in the mail 10 minutes ago..

I will surely go back to him again, thanks Mike, if you read this!

PostPosted: September 9, 2008, 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm sold on 650central!

I looked at the site before I placed my order from mikes. mikes seamed to have slightly better prices but your post will ensure I compare again next order
killtrip

PostPosted: September 9, 2008, 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm sold on 650central!

Yea, I was the same.. the prices are a bit better than mikesxs.com.. and I'm not ruling them out as an option..

But, I ordered from both places on Friday evening.. got my order from 650central today, my order from mikesxs is not slated til the 15th.. 6 more days.

650central is Indiana, if I recall correctly? And Mikesxs is Florida.. I'm in Washington state.. sure, 650 Central has less travel to make.. but I dont think 6 days worth of travel time.

Either way, they are both great places. I'm definately glad I gave 650central a shot this time.

PostPosted: September 9, 2008, 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm sold on 650central!

I didn't know 650central was in IN. I knew Mikes was in florida, but when I placed my order from them last holiday weekend, the order was in UPSs hands the next business day. It didn't get to me in Cincinnati till friday, but can't blame mikes for UPSs delivery time. Especially when shipping is free..
killtrip

PostPosted: September 9, 2008, 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm sold on 650central!

True, but looking at my UPS tracking info.. the shipment didnt even leave via UPS til yesterday. Meaning, I placed my order friday night, probably wasn't processed until monday morning, then shipped out the same day.

Which is fine, it is standard business practice.

650Central though, had to have processed and shipped it out saturday morning.. the man works weekends for us!

Dont get me wrong, not trying to downplay Mikesxs at all.. great service to us all. But dont forget about 650Central either.. that man does a great job, and deserves some credit as well.

Thats all I'm saying. Very Happy

650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: September 9, 2008, 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm sold on 650central!

650central is located in Sonora CA. Yes, Michael Morse is very cordial, and very helpful.
Photo Gallery
tweedy64

PostPosted: September 10, 2008, 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: I'm sold on 650central!

He mite be cordial n helpful RG but he doesnt reply to his emails, another sell lost i guess. cheers tweedy
Photo Gallery
BiffTirkle

PostPosted: September 10, 2008, 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: I'm sold on 650central!

michael is so busy, that he will reply to your email, it will take a while. the best thing to do is call, leave a message. he WILL call you back. or email him leave a phone #, he WILL call you back.

i have had nothing but good experiences with 650central. the guy goes above and beyond to make sure you get what you need, and get your bike running.

i often order from mikes from convenience, its fast. my only qualm with 650central is the shopping cart. you have to call him or email to order. its a pain. but you do get 1st class service.

i suppose since michael morse is the person doing the shipping out, and among his other responsibilities, it would be difficult to keep up with the volume of sales he would most likely get if he had a fully functional web site. mikes has a shipping department and warehouse, as far as i know. he can go make the deals with the fabricators and let his business run its self.

PostPosted: September 10, 2008, 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm sold on 650central!

I understand what your saying Biff but no point emailing a phone number if he aint checking his emails cos he's busy. I'm in the uk so not gonna phone an order thru. I have heard nothing but good about 650 central which is why i emailed. mikes xs dont ship to uk n his buddies in europe are expensive not on everything i grant you, some stuff is double the price of mikes. Anyway rant over. cheers tweedy
Photo Gallery
TeeCat

PostPosted: September 10, 2008, 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm sold on 650central!

Michael Morse could have easily sold me a $400.00+ pair of carbs, but instead he helped me to trace what turned out to be an ignition problem. He's a credit to small business and I trust him.

Incidentally, kudos to Mike's XS too, because I have only had one wrong part number (a gasket) from them after many purchases.

TC
Photo Gallery
BiffTirkle

PostPosted: September 10, 2008, 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm sold on 650central!

tweedy, since you are in the uk. try this site. this should help you out. they have everything mikesxs has. i think.

mikes has a link to this page on his site also. or there is some relationship between mikes and this site. i hope it helps

www.xs650shop.de/startseite/?t=0630

650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: September 11, 2008, 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm sold on 650central!

Ive bought stuff from 650 Central & had it shipped over here to the UK no problems & at VERY reasonable prices & Michael always answered my emails promptly !
.. Like Tweedy says, Mikes prices are good but he wont ship here & the Dutch n Kraut prices are way too high especially with the £ to Euro rate as it is !
Photo Gallery
tweedy64

PostPosted: September 11, 2008, 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm sold on 650central!

Thanks Biff but thats our european friends i was talking about which are too expensive, maybe i will try michael again. Could do with a UK outlet which would be nice i'm surprised there isnt one. cheers tweedy
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1