650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > NEW TO THE SITE

NEW TO THE SITE
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
jp1979

PostPosted: May 16, 2006, 12:50 pm    Post subject: NEW TO THE SITE

Hello... My name is Jerry I am from South Eastern Wisconsin. I have a 1976 XS650 that I bought 10 years ago for my 17th birthday. It was pretty much all original, I took off the big turn signals and replaced them with bullets, replaced the tail light with a cats eye, put a beefier front tire on and left the fender off, changed to a little taller bars and repainted it black. I just came into a 73 XS650 for a good price and am going to hardtail and Bob it as soon as I get a title. I'm sure it will take some time since I have many other projects and hunny do things, but it should be fun. I come from a Harley Family, But I am too cheap to spend the big bucks on a bike. The reason I bought the XS is the look and sound, not the typical jap bike. the 76 I want to go over and put all back to stock some day and I plan on keeping that one for along time since it was my first road bike. Look forward to meeting allot of people on here and help out as much as I can. Thanks
Wulf

PostPosted: May 16, 2006, 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: NEW TO THE SITE

Welcome aboard, I like your plan. I'd like to see some pics of the '76 'cause I've been kickin' around the idea of bullet lights. Don't blame you on the Harley situation. I'm sure most of us would like to own a Harley, but all the damn yuppies have driven the demand through the roof and the price likewise.
Wulf

jp1979

PostPosted: May 18, 2006, 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: NEW TO THE SITE

I will try to get a pic this weekend, the bullets look pretty good. The rears are running/turns, I had to add some extra rubber due to the vibration kept knocking the bulbs out on the rear.
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 28, 2006, 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: NEW TO THE SITE

jp1979 wrote:
I will try to get a pic this weekend, the bullets look pretty good. The rears are running/turns, I had to add some extra rubber due to the vibration kept knocking the bulbs out on the rear.

XS's? vibrate? nah...unheard of Wink
Photo Gallery
Phred

PostPosted: May 29, 2006, 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: NEW TO THE SITE

L.E.D.'s man, dump the filiment bulbs! I'm as old-school as anyone, but when the new stuff solves the problems that we were never able to....

Anyway, looking forward to the pics!

Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1