650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > Titling... Episode 2

Titling... Episode 2
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
killtrip

PostPosted: August 26, 2008, 7:32 pm    Post subject: Titling... Episode 2

continuation of:
www.650rider.com/index...pic&t=4809

So, I got my certified letter bounced back. Just as the DOL told me, I did not open it. Next step is to get an inspection via the state police.

Issue #1: They only inspect complete vehicles. Which means that I need to get the blinkers working.. and since I started pulling everything off it to get the engine out, I now need some new gaskets.. Razz But thats fine, it needed to be done anyways.. just a bit more of a delay.

Issue #2: I re-read the paperwork that I got at the DOL.. I need to bring the unopened, returned certified letter; the bill of sale; and the inspection paperwork to the DOL within 15 days of getting the letter returned to me.

Well crap, I got the letter back last weekend.. I only have a week left to get this done! I gotta put the bike back together and fix it all up.. seriously fast-like!

So I call the State Police to set up an inspection appointment.. I get an appointment for...

OCTOBER 9TH!!

I cant even get the bike inspected within 15 days of getting my letter back! So I inform the nice cop lady on the phone of this, and she informs me that the DOL is understanding about this, and they know that there is a backup on the inspection appointments. That they'll work with me.

Cool.. well, now I got, what... 6 weeks to get my bike in running, street-legal fashion? At least I got some time to finish the engine.

Oh.. I'm not done yet..

I go to the DOL today to talk to them about my situation, and that theres no way I can get an inspection appointment within 15 days of my returned letter. They tell me that I will have to send another letter! They told me to time it out the next time so that I get the return shortly before my inspection appointment..

I hate red tape.

PostPosted: August 26, 2008, 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Titling... Episode 2

I can't wait untill we get nationalized health coverage.
"You'll fix me up when? Shocked ."

killtrip

PostPosted: August 26, 2008, 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Titling... Episode 2

lol ya no doubt

PostPosted: September 3, 2008, 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Titling... Episode 2

Man you are going to hate me..
I called today and got my apointment.
October 3rd Smile
Site Friday off so I don't even have to take time from work.

You going to haul it out there or get a temp tag and ride?

William's Law ...
killtrip

PostPosted: September 3, 2008, 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Titling... Episode 2

you bastard.. lol

I would like to ride it, but might have to haul it.

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1