650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > Newbie from Norway

Newbie from Norway
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
Fuzzy

PostPosted: May 3, 2006, 2:15 am    Post subject: Newbie from Norway

Hello good people.

I'm a XS650 rider from Norway. My bike is a 1982 XS650SE, wich is beeing slightly modified.
I have been riding bikes for 20 years, and this bike has been with me for 7 years now.
I used to race Motocross and Supercross, but the age thing caught up to me Laughing , so now I only ride on paved surfaces.

Look forward to be a member of this great board!

Bike:
Photo Gallery
DragonRider

PostPosted: May 3, 2006, 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie from Norway

Nice looking bike, yea the age thing caught up with me as well. I do something and it doesn't go right and that is how I learn that I can't do that anymore. Shocked

Takes a lot longer to recover from spills nowadays.
Fuzzy

PostPosted: May 3, 2006, 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie from Norway

Thanks for the comment on the bike. I'm riding it like it is in the picture this summer, and will give it a well deserved paint job next winter Smile

As you, I too learn the hard way, and you are right about the recovery time... Very Happy
Photo Gallery
Wulf

PostPosted: June 8, 2006, 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie from Norway

Hey Fuzzy, welcome aboard. Great looking bike and I really like the fender struts. Man don't let the age thing keep you out of the dirt. You don't have to race, just don't ride beyond your capabilities. I'm 44 and I still love to hit the jumps hard and fast, slidin' sideways and generally haulin' ass! Hell look at Malcom Smith. Guys probalby in his 60's or 70's now and he still lets it hang out! Ya don't quit ridin' cause you get old, Ya get old because you quit ridin.
Wulf

Fuzzy

PostPosted: June 9, 2006, 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie from Norway

Wulf

Lets just say my body is reinforced with Titanium, and that I'm done racing. But you are right about the getting old thing...
y problem is that as soon as I put my Motocross gear on, I think I'm 17 again... Very Happy

Wulf wrote:
Hell look at Malcom Smith. Guys probalby in his 60's or 70's now and he still lets it hang out! Ya don't quit ridin' cause you get old, Ya get old because you quit ridin.
Wulf

Here is a pic of my dirt bike: ( I know it's not a Yamaha...)
Photo Gallery
Wulf

PostPosted: June 9, 2006, 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie from Norway

Great lookin' bike. Who cares if it's not a Yamaha. I've got a Bultaco 350 and a Suzuki RM125 as well as a YZ125 and soon to aquire 3 more YZ250s. And yes, I know what you mean about feeling indestructible. I still ride hard but not with the kamikazi drive I had as a teen.
Wulf

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1