650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > houston area 4th of july ride?? any one?

houston area 4th of july ride?? any one?
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
santiablo

PostPosted: June 28, 2008, 10:56 pm    Post subject: houston area 4th of july ride?? any one?

well that pretty much says it all any one in the houson or surounding area like to go for a ride this 4th of july? i usualy ride the natonal forest but i ride out to the iland might be nice too or summerville ideas any one?
Photo Gallery
Cooltouch

PostPosted: June 28, 2008, 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: houston area 4th of july ride?? any one?

I might be up for that. I don't think SWMBO has anything planned for me yet, although I do have tentative plans to BBQ a brisket. Maybe I can get the brisket done on Tuesday though, which will leave the 4th open.

Just got back from a trip up LaGrange way last weekend. It was pretty nice up there, really. But I'd be up for heading out somewhere else. Somerville's kinda far for a day trip, unless you're planning on leaving at O-dark-thirty. The Island would work better for me, or even better: Surfside beach.

Best,

ichael

'81SH, '80SG, '78E, '77D
santiablo

PostPosted: June 29, 2008, 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: houston area 4th of july ride?? any one?

SWMBO????? . . . i was guna try to come up with somethin for that but gave up! surfside?? kinda halfway heard of it but no real clue fine by me lol ^_^ i have a few frend that might go and i was thinken to check two wheeld texas and whats the local houson forum to see if they had any thing goen ill probly be out fri and sat riden some where and evanin mornen day trip i dont realy care im used to bein at work at 7 half way across houston 830 9 will be no sweat lol
Photo Gallery
Cooltouch

PostPosted: June 30, 2008, 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: houston area 4th of july ride?? any one?

Well, the good wifey generally puts up with my motorcycle follies, but tends to protest rather loudly if I decide to take off on a day trip and abandon our poor defenseless 17yo daughter, while she's at work. Why, I haven't a clue, honestly. Like my daughter won't have her face glued to her computer monitor playing WOW anyway. She'd prefer my being gone, truth be told, so I won't be yelling at her to get off the damn computer.

I haven't been to Surfside Beach since about 1970, truth be told, so I have no idea what it's like now. (I lived in SoCal for 24 years in between then and now.) But back then, the beach itself was way nicer than Galveston's. I've been wanting to get back one of these days to see what it's like now.

Will you be riding your XS? For road trips I prefer my Beemer R90. It'll cruise all day long at 85-90 mph. Try that on an XS. Its seat is more comfortable as well. I can't ride my '81 XS, with that horrid stepped seat, for more than 40 minutes or so before I gotta get off the bike and walk around for a while.

Best,

ichael

'81SH, '80SG, '78E, '77D
santiablo

PostPosted: June 30, 2008, 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: houston area 4th of july ride?? any one?

lol no way ill be riden my xs its in peaces around my garage and it is still waiting on the parts bike that has a motor that isent seased up lol i dont think ill be ridein her!! ill be on my vulcan so 80 90 for at least most of the day! lol my tail end aint that hard tho lol
i cant stand world of war crack mmos just arnt my thing lol way to slow paced and not enough action im way to impatient to play them
1970?? lol i wasent evan born yet!! man i realy must be a litle punk squid to some of you u guys!!!
so surfside it is!! where and what time do you want to meet up? and are you bringing any other people? im very unpopular aparently every one i know is backing out on me lol
Photo Gallery
Cooltouch

PostPosted: June 30, 2008, 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: houston area 4th of july ride?? any one?

I haven't asked anyone else yet. Most of the folks I know who ride are old farts my age (55), and often have "commitments" on holidays. I can ask around, though. Still haven't floated it by SWMBO yet. Have to do that Real Soon Now.

Best,

ichael

'81SH, '80SG, '78E, '77D
santiablo

PostPosted: July 2, 2008, 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: houston area 4th of july ride?? any one?

well i stil havenet figured out what a swmbo is yet lol but let me know what you wana do fri i think i may have a frend thats coming too well see
Photo Gallery
Cooltouch

PostPosted: July 3, 2008, 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: houston area 4th of july ride?? any one?

SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed. Smile

Got some not so good news. Took my R90 out this afternoon to run a few errands and discovered that my front brake is sticking. I thought it might free up after a few miles. It did, then it would stick again. I don't want to take it on a road trip with this problem, and I don't know if I'll have time to get to it before the weekend at the very soonest. So, it's looking like my plans for a nice little ride on the 4th are probably toast.

I'm thinking the pads have worn down enough so that the caliper's piston is moving into an area that might have some corrosion or build-up. Looks like I'll be ordering some pads and maybe a kit for the caliper as well. What fun. If I need to order parts, I probably won't be able to repair it until this time next week.

Best,

ichael

'81SH, '80SG, '78E, '77D
santiablo

PostPosted: July 3, 2008, 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: houston area 4th of july ride?? any one?

well let me know if it changes other wise theres always next time!!
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1