650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! > > plese help!!! i have no clue what this is!!!!

plese help!!! i have no clue what this is!!!!
    Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber!
santiablo

PostPosted: May 31, 2008, 12:52 pm    Post subject: plese help!!! i have no clue what this is!!!!

i have a realy stupid question!! i dident know where in the form to put it so here you go what the heck is the thing i have circled in the pic???? i have no clue!!!

untitled2.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  21.19 KB
 Viewed:  242 Time(s)

untitled2.gif

Photo Gallery
NateDogg

PostPosted: May 31, 2008, 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: plese help!!! i have no clue what this is!!!!

horn
santiablo

PostPosted: May 31, 2008, 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: plese help!!! i have no clue what this is!!!!

dont they make simaler grills for headlights? or am i just imagining it?
Photo Gallery
drifter
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 31, 2008, 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: plese help!!! i have no clue what this is!!!!

Never seen a grill on a headlight, and most states wouldn't allow it anyway. The item in the pic is a horn for a harley springer (original rather then recent models) front end.

Dave

"Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers." Hunter S. Thompson
Photo Gallery
santiablo

PostPosted: June 2, 2008, 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: plese help!!! i have no clue what this is!!!!

well i found one in a magasene but its all cromed out so its not realy what i want any way owell thanks guys
Photo Gallery
NateDogg

PostPosted: June 25, 2008, 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: plese help!!! i have no clue what this is!!!!

I know they make like a screen for old jeep headlights, I just sold any extras I had or i would've suggested that
jimmythetrucker

PostPosted: June 25, 2008, 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: plese help!!! i have no clue what this is!!!!

Those "noodle strainers" were stock on 1953 Corvette headlights.
drifter
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: June 25, 2008, 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: plese help!!! i have no clue what this is!!!!

>>Those "noodle strainers" were stock on 1953 Corvette headlights.<<

Those aren't called headlight grills. They are called stone guards. Stock on 53 'Vettes, options on many older Jeeps, Land Cruisers, Land Rovers, and used by almost all off-road rally vehicles.

Dave

"Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers." Hunter S. Thompson
Photo Gallery
madskills
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: June 25, 2008, 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: plese help!!! i have no clue what this is!!!!

if you are indeed looking for a light with a "grill" this is a cool piece, Crime Scene Choppers

ch1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  247.85 KB
 Viewed:  176 Time(s)

ch1.jpg

Photo Gallery
drifter
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: June 25, 2008, 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: plese help!!! i have no clue what this is!!!!

madskills wrote:
if you are indeed looking for a light with a "grill" this is a cool piece, Crime Scene Choppers

Before buying this light I would check with state laws about the legality of running it. Many items sold aftermarket are only for show bikes and aren't legal to use on the road.

Dave

Photo Gallery
santiablo

PostPosted: June 28, 2008, 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: plese help!!! i have no clue what this is!!!!

lol i was laughtin about the noodle strainer joke . . . untill i googled in a realised it wasent a joke . . . yes skills thats what im looken for however all the ones i have found are all expenice and shiny and chrome i was kinda looken for somethen cheaper and shityer looken i dont want my bike to look like a show bike! and im not realy too woryed about about that drifter i can just take it off to get it inspected otherwise i have frends i can get the stickers thro so thats not realy a big deal but thanks for the warning!! atualy skills i think it may have been crimeseens ad in cyclesorce that gave me this idea!
Photo Gallery
jimmythetrucker

PostPosted: June 29, 2008, 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: plese help!!! i have no clue what this is!!!!

Santiablo -- You're right. It wasn't a joke. Back in the day, the Corvette crowd actually called that thing a noodle strainer.
santiablo

PostPosted: June 29, 2008, 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: plese help!!! i have no clue what this is!!!!

lol i feelt kinda dumb for laughing! i realy like that crimescene light but its 300bucks and the maching tail light is 200 so im looking to see if i can make my own some how blah some many details so much money!!! lol
Photo Gallery
jimmythetrucker

PostPosted: June 29, 2008, 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: plese help!!! i have no clue what this is!!!!

Go to the shops that sell aftermarket truck accessories. Lotsa truckers run snazzy lookin' grilles of one type or another on their fog lamps (the ones that mount in or under the bumper) because those low-hanging lights get busted all the time by road rubbish (rocks, nuts, bolts, etc) and by critters that forget to duck (raccoons, armadillos, and two-year-old children). They sell those things in truckstops, too (lights, not children), especially in the bigger stops like Walcott, IA or the Tucson Truck Terminal. Triple T, in particular, has a big line of nice accessories. Stops in California, Florida, and Texas also. . . .

Forum Index -> Did you say Bob? No I said Bobber! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1