650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > hello from albany, ny

hello from albany, ny
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
eb_xs

PostPosted: May 19, 2008, 1:59 pm    Post subject: hello from albany, ny

hi everyone. i just bought a 75 xs650 from a friend. so far i really love it. i go riding with my cousin a lot and more people ask me about my bike when we stop for coffee than his harley - mostly from people who owned one at one time and have fond memories.
Photo Gallery
Barbara

PostPosted: May 22, 2008, 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: hello from albany, ny

Hi eb,

Congratulations! Getting an XS that's ready to ride is great, especially an older one.

Enjoy, and welcome to the site, from the opposite end of the country....

Gemini the BSA
Baby B. the BSA
Big John the BSA
The unnamed Triumph T-140
and the 1979 XS650....with "potential"
illie the 1980 airhead BMW
Photo Gallery
Joseph

PostPosted: May 22, 2008, 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: hello from albany, ny

Hows the employment situation in Albany? I live on longisland but love Albany and never had such a hard time finding a job in my life on LI. My bro went to Albany U he lives in Austin TX now but wants to move back to NY Albany.
Photo Gallery
dpmphoto

PostPosted: May 31, 2008, 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: hello from albany, ny

I was just in albany, have friends there and its a fast ride from syracuse. I also like Albany and wouldnt mind living there.Its 2 hours to adirondacks, 2 hours to NYC and the job situation is pretty good there right now from what I understand
erb224

PostPosted: June 5, 2008, 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: hello from albany, ny

Hello! Albany is a great area. I live in Rochester. I bought my XS last year... I couldn't wait for the weather to turn. It's suppose to be a hot weekend!

PostPosted: July 15, 2008, 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: hello from albany, ny

hey everyone. i hadn't noticed that people responded to my post or else i would have gotten back sooner. thanks for the welcome.

the job situation around here isn't bad if you do IT work or are in the medical/nursing field. what's actually nice is the cost of living. much cheaper than the bigger cities.

i've been to syracuse quite a few times - my band played at the westcott community center and we ate at alto cinco. we also played at some coffee house that had a skateboard shop in it but i forgot the name of the place.

been to rochester with my band too - played the a\v space and ate garbage plates at some eatery i forgot the name of.

my band has even played washington state believe it or not - seattle, tacoma and olympia. i LOVE the pacific northwest.

anyone who wants to move to albany should! i got a buddy who works nearby who also has a 75 xs and we could go on an all xs ride some afternoon.
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1