650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > High Performance Modifications > > All the rest > > Got Fuel T, Now what? Having problems

Got Fuel T, Now what? Having problems
    Forum Index -> All the rest
engine22

PostPosted: April 19, 2008, 12:43 pm    Post subject: Got Fuel T, Now what? Having problems

I posted earlier that the gas tank I ordered has only one opening for a petcock. I got a fuel T like I was instructed but this doesnt allow my to connect everything. Each petcock has a line that goes to the carb and a line that goes back to the engine, and I can't connect everything with a fuel T. Am I missing something here or is there anything I can do?
Photo Gallery
5twins

PostPosted: April 19, 2008, 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Got Fuel T, Now what? Having problems

The line back to the engine is a vacuum line and powers the vacuum petcock. Since you're only using one petcock now, you only need run one vacuum line to power it. Cap the other nipple on the intake boot you don't use with a 7/32" rubber vacuum cap. You can get a pack of them at the auto parts store. The "T" is for your fuel lines only (one from the tank split into 2 for the 2 carbs).
engine22

PostPosted: April 19, 2008, 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Got Fuel T, Now what? Having problems

Cool, thanks, I figured that out after reading the manual a bit. Now I have a new problem though.... The fuel T I got from mikesxs was not very gasoline resistant, the little bit of gas left in the lines ate through it in about ten seconds... frustrating... I think I'm just going to try and find another one at an auto parts store, luckily i'm only out $1.50
Photo Gallery
jimmythetrucker

PostPosted: April 19, 2008, 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Got Fuel T, Now what? Having problems

I think 650Central sells brass fuel barbs.
jayel
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 19, 2008, 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Got Fuel T, Now what? Having problems

you're missing something, there is no line that "goes back to the engine" you have a maximum of 5 barbs later carbs eliminated one, and feed (fuel inlets) thru the center tee, or you can bring fuel from the tank down thru the tee and split to both carbs, if you have the carb interconnect you you can block them and risk staving one side when low on fuel or put a short piece of hose between them, I think the later carbs eliminated the slanted fuel inlets and had a tee feeding both carbs at posistion 3. ----- a generic tee won't work it's a special piece for these carbs

carb tubes.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  59.94 KB
 Viewed:  268 Time(s)

carb tubes.jpg

engine22

PostPosted: April 23, 2008, 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Got Fuel T, Now what? Having problems

so would the brass fuel line T-piece on mikesxs.com be the item to solve my problem? This says I have to take the carbs off to put it in, but it certainly looks to be a much sturdier piece of equipment..
Photo Gallery
jayel
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 23, 2008, 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Got Fuel T, Now what? Having problems

yes you could run a single fuel line to the center of the tee between the carbs but if you have the #4. fuel inlets they will need to be blocked off, a couple pieces of vinyl tubing heated and mash the ends closed with pliers will work, if you have the brass tubes in #3. they can be pulled but I would be careful, slowly twist them out and do NOT rock them side to side as this will enlarge the holes, this setup may be better for you hope pic explains it a plastic fuel tee will work fine

carb lines.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.33 KB
 Viewed:  301 Time(s)

carb lines.jpg

NateDogg

PostPosted: April 24, 2008, 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Got Fuel T, Now what? Having problems

I would seriously go to the hardware store, plumbing aisle and buy the same brass T and save yourself the $7 shipping
jayel
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 24, 2008, 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Got Fuel T, Now what? Having problems

the motorcycle tee is metric and uses o-rings to seal to the carbs a genric hardware tee will not work
xsjohn

PostPosted: April 24, 2008, 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Got Fuel T, Now what? Having problems

Could epoxy an elbo one each carb and run 2 lines up to a tee....no more tee pee.........??

xsjohn
Photo Gallery
KYLEPRESTON
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 24, 2008, 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Got Fuel T, Now what? Having problems

[.no more tee pee.........??

xsjohn[/quote]
JOHN YOUR A POET I SHOULD ADD THAT TO THE LIST OF 1 MILLION THINGS YOU DO.
Photo Gallery
NateDogg

PostPosted: April 24, 2008, 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Got Fuel T, Now what? Having problems

Gotcha Jayel, I was thinking he was running it like mine.....a short line from each carb to the t then a line from there to the tap. but mine's manual anyway so I don't have to deal with the vacuum stuff
jayel
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 24, 2008, 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Got Fuel T, Now what? Having problems

mikes tee fits in betwwen the carbs at the fuel cross over, keeps both carbs at the same supply, running two taps (one to each carb) is problematic because one tap draw tube may set higher than the other resulting in one side running dry before the other

Forum Index -> All the rest All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1