650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > Hand shift set up????

Hand shift set up????
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
smokenjoe

PostPosted: December 4, 2005, 3:54 pm    Post subject: Hand shift set up????

I was wondering if anybody knows anyone that has a hand shift set up on a XS ? Even some pictures would help give me some ideas if I have to build a set up. Thanks inadvance. Smokenjoe !!!

100_0808.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  829.65 KB
 Viewed:  247 Time(s)

100_0808.jpg

PostPosted: December 4, 2005, 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Hand shift set up????

Smoken Joe..........there just happens to be a chopper on 650motorcycles that uses a suicide shifter constructed from a Hurst shifter. It looks really cool...........Jack
mo650chopper
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: December 4, 2005, 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Hand shift set up????

I got my Foot Clutch / Hand shift set up working this weekend. Took a couple mile maiden voyage without problems. I'll be posting pics soon. I put a longer allen screw in the aduster and attached a arm to it and used a rod to hook it to my clutch pedal, No need for a cable.
Photo Gallery
mo650chopper
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: December 11, 2005, 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Hand shift set up????

A few pics of my "Jockey Shift" set up. Not too great of pics and my shifter handle is out getting welded. No cable set up on the clutch. I used an old Harley master cylinder for the rear brake. I tried to make it without the linkage being overly obvious. The wire ties are there for support as I broke my motor mount bolt.

forwardcontrolrightview.jpg
 Description:
Right View
 Filesize:  64.54 KB
 Viewed:  268 Time(s)

forwardcontrolrightview.jpg

forwardcontrolleftview.jpg
 Description:
Left View
 Filesize:  61.06 KB
 Viewed:  277 Time(s)

forwardcontrolleftview.jpg

forwardcontrolfrontview.jpg
 Description:
Front View
 Filesize:  62.28 KB
 Viewed:  225 Time(s)

forwardcontrolfrontview.jpg

Photo Gallery
Phred

PostPosted: December 13, 2005, 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Hand shift set up????

Looks great-just like it's supposed to be there!
Photo Gallery
smokenjoe

PostPosted: December 18, 2005, 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Hand shift set up????

Hey mo650chopper, cool setup. Im gonna run the stock mid control location. Like the way you came out of the cover for the clutch, eliminating the cable. I see the stock shifter lever at what looks to be about 12 aclock. How do you use it to shifht there? Post a pic of the whole bike.
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: December 18, 2005, 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Hand shift set up????

smokenjoe when I took the picture my completed shifter handle was being welded. I'll take a pic in the next couple days and add it to the thread. I just got a extra shift lever and modified / lengthend it with threads to bolt on a shift knob. Works awesome so far.
Photo Gallery
mo650chopper
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: December 26, 2005, 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Hand shift set up????

Took a better pick of my shift lever today, Thought I'd post it.

closeupjockeyshifter.jpg
 Description:
Close up view of Jockey / hand shift lever.
 Filesize:  61.56 KB
 Viewed:  239 Time(s)

closeupjockeyshifter.jpg

Photo Gallery
smokenjoe

PostPosted: December 27, 2005, 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Hand shift set up????

How about a picture of the whole bike?
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: December 27, 2005, 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Hand shift set up????

It's in the gallery but I'll add it to the thread.

leftshotdecember05.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  39.99 KB
 Viewed:  213 Time(s)

leftshotdecember05.jpg

Photo Gallery
islanddave

PostPosted: March 29, 2007, 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: Hand shift set up????

mo650chopper wrote:
A few pics of my "Jockey Shift" set up. Not too great of pics and my shifter handle is out getting welded. No cable set up on the clutch. I used an old Harley master cylinder for the rear brake. I tried to make it without the linkage being overly obvious. The wire ties are there for support as I broke my motor mount bolt.

Hey there Mo,

Going back through the records and I came across this...how is that arm connected to you clutch rod/adjuster shaft? Can you give me some idea as to how you did it. How has it been working?

Thanks

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1