650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > High Performance Modifications > > All the rest > > Update: first legal run!

Update: first legal run!
    Forum Index -> All the rest
TeeCat

PostPosted: February 9, 2008, 8:07 pm    Post subject: Update: first legal run!

BIG NEWS!!!! I took the TX out for her maiden legal voyage today! I don't have rear view mirrors on her yet, so I just ran her back and forth between our neighborhood and the next, but the throttle response and fuel delivery feels really good! I'm relieved about that.

I didn't get on her real hard - just sort of normal riding - but there does not seem to be any missing, bogging, or backfiring. As the weather breaks, I'll have to install fresh plugs and see if I need to rejet because of the K&Ns, thought there was no obvious starvation. But I didn't go really hard, as I said

Still lots to be done, including the main output shaft seal and the clutch pushrod seal, but she seems to run well! I'm proud, too, because I bought her as a non-runner. And now she's registered and on the road except for the other stuff I have to do, and that's not too bad as long as the clutch drag issue is manageable. Neutral is still hard to find, but upshifting and downshifting seems fine. Drag is minimal at the moment.

By the way, has anyone ever tried one of the on-the-fly adjustable clutch levers from 650 Central?

TC
Photo Gallery
Jake68
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: February 9, 2008, 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Update: first legal run!

Well DONE dude...sounds good..any holes in power delivery are obvious IMHO...sounds like you got her on it!

Or as I tell my wife.."smooth is smooth"...

(I am totally bald!)
Photo Gallery
TeeCat

PostPosted: February 26, 2008, 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Update: first legal run!

Thank you, Jake! Smile

I received word today that my Napoleon bar-ends are finally in. I'll try to install them this weekend and get some piccies up.

TC
Photo Gallery
KYLEPRESTON
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: February 26, 2008, 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Update: first legal run!

Glad to see you got her up and running. look forward to seeing pictures. I love my tx. someday would like to ride a stock one to see what they feel like from the factory.

cheers
Photo Gallery
TeeCat

PostPosted: February 26, 2008, 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Update: first legal run!

Well... the engine and final drive seems to be stock, but she does have Daytona bars and a 17" rear wheel, and turnout drag pipes with 4" baffles. So, while she's not a cruiser, and not a full-on bobber or cafe, she's kind of comfy between the last two, I think.

TC
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> All the rest All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1