650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Chopper jobs > > TC Bros chopper parts

TC Bros chopper parts
    Forum Index -> Chopper jobs
76xs

PostPosted: January 10, 2008, 6:22 pm    Post subject: TC Bros chopper parts

Anyone buy from these guys? Any feedback on their hardtails? Thanks
JDoza

PostPosted: January 10, 2008, 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Bros chopper parts

I have a Hardtail being done currently. Mr T. Cobb is the person I spoke with when I called to ensure my frame arrived in good shape. I will post pics of the work when i get it back.
helltaco

PostPosted: January 10, 2008, 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Bros chopper parts

I had my frame hardtailed by them. Fast turnaround, high quality, solid welds. You'll still have a lot to do when it's done, mounting electrics & battery, seat, fender, pegs, etc., but the tail section is solid and straight and it's the cheapest I could find.
harleysmakegooddonorparts

PostPosted: January 11, 2008, 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Bros chopper parts

search craigslist for a local builder, ive got a guy building a whole new custom frame for $300
JDoza

PostPosted: January 27, 2008, 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Bros chopper parts

Here are some pics of what they did for me... I'm satisfied. TC Bros even grinded some of the cuts away. See the last picture to see what I'm talking about.

busrider

PostPosted: January 28, 2008, 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: TC Bros chopper parts

does anyone make a decently comfortable softtail like amen used to
Finksies

PostPosted: January 28, 2008, 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Bros chopper parts

I got my hardtail from them, The tubing is deff nice, and the welds are strong. But like one of the other members said, u still need to weld a bunch of stuff. I put it on myself, and it was so easy. Took a few measurements to make sure it was square, put in the motor, tacked it up, and then took the motor out for final welding. Personally I think it would come out better welding it yourself as long as u have a welder, and a 4 1/2 inch grinder to smooth things out after.
calicruiser

PostPosted: March 2, 2008, 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Bros chopper parts

I just thought I'd throw this up here for comparison. I work part time at G&L Choppers here in Colorado Springs. Our weld on hardtails are $250 + shipping. Here are a few pics. We TIG weld ALL of our hardtails. I don't believe others do this with their weld on hardtails.

here is a link to our site also: www.freewebs.com/glchoppers

thanks
josh
oldskoolcool

PostPosted: March 2, 2008, 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Bros chopper parts

Quote::
u still need to weld a bunch of stuff

amen to that... Shocked

i can't weld, so i had to find someone who could do a damn good job.
Finksies

PostPosted: March 8, 2008, 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Bros chopper parts

has anyone bought their forward controls.... ?
jp1979

PostPosted: March 12, 2008, 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: TC Bros chopper parts

I picked up a set of forwards from them... I am still in the process of putting the bike together, I dont know if they are worth the price but they seem to be the only direct fit ones out there. What is direct fit worth? I pretty much just wanted to see how they made them.

PostPosted: March 12, 2008, 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Bros chopper parts

Hey can u post some upclose photos of those things if u got em.?? trying to decide whether or not to buy em... thanks.
81XSChopper
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: March 13, 2008, 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: TC Bros chopper parts

This may not be what you had in mind but someone may find it useful. My system for using a cable actuated rear brake with tc bros forwards.

greg

www.flickr.com/photos/23890712@N07/

Bike History: Vespa 150, 200; Honda CL175; Honda CB350; Yamaha XS650 stock (4) XS650 Bobber; Honda Magna; Kaw GPZ550; 59 panhead; XL chopped. Current Rides: Yamaha 81XS650H Cchopper; 75 Honda CB750 bobber; 78 CB 750F Stock
Finksies

PostPosted: March 13, 2008, 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: TC Bros chopper parts

That looks pretty clever, I saw someone use a similar setup with a jockey shift. Ill probably just end up buying the universal set, I wanna try to make like mid controls, I like the looks of mids a lot plus at only 5-8 I dont exactly have the longest legs.
BeanerBiker

PostPosted: May 7, 2008, 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Bros chopper parts

just wanted to post about TC as well...

Ordered forwards and rear sets as well as the hardtail...

Everything looked great, exactly as I expected. I'm not a welder, but the guy who is welding my hardtail thought they did a nice job. FWIW.

The owner was nice enough to cut me some slack on shipping as well since I spent enough money with them and was shipping it all together! Great service as well. Smile
Photo Gallery
Leaky

PostPosted: May 10, 2008, 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Bros chopper parts

I've got their (TC) forward controls and they bolt right up on my xs. good quality. I also bought their oil tank/batt box combo. cant complain.
Photo Gallery
pswcustoms

PostPosted: June 29, 2008, 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Bros chopper parts

We use ALL of TC Bros parts on our builds!!! Best out there for sure. Well I cant say all of the builds we do use BWC hardtail for the XS400 because it is the same size tubing for the 400 check out our gallery and web site for the pictures
Photo Gallery
nonic

PostPosted: August 26, 2008, 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Bros chopper parts

Here is a 82 I just finished using TC Bros hardtail and elec box. I have no complanits and it rides great.
nonic

PostPosted: August 26, 2008, 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Bros chopper parts

Not sure what happen to my picture, one more time.

Forum Index -> Chopper jobs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1