650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Motorcycle Systems > > Exhaust > > Spark Arrester??

Spark Arrester??
    Forum Index -> Exhaust
nickmartin1

PostPosted: January 7, 2008, 11:56 pm    Post subject: Spark Arrester??

I recently bought a Yamaha 650 engine. After some research I found it was off an 83 xs650. I am putting this in my mini-sandrail, and so far things have gone well. I am finishing this process up, but had a concern about the exhaust. The headers that came with it do not have (as far as I can tell) a spark arrester. I am going to take this off road and do not want to start any fires (or get a citation). Is there anyone out there that sales a muffler (this sucker is loud!) with a built in spark arrester? I tried MikesXS, but they said there mufflers do not have arresters. Any help would be appreciated! Sorry if this seems like a rookie question.
ghostyder

PostPosted: January 8, 2008, 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Spark Arrester??

You should be able to fit some dirtbike muffler that has a spark arrestor.

PostPosted: January 8, 2008, 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: Spark Arrester??

Thats what I was thikning too. I was hoping to find something I could bolt on, but I may have to get the cutting wheel and welder back out!
ghostyder

PostPosted: January 8, 2008, 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: Spark Arrester??

my 89 husqvarna dirtbike did not come with spark arrestors. The guy I bought it from put them on. They are held on with hose clamps and have never given me any trouble.

Forum Index -> Exhaust All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1