650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > HANS OSPELT warning for fellow riders, mainly in asia.

HANS OSPELT warning for fellow riders, mainly in asia.
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
philby

PostPosted: December 23, 2007, 9:55 pm    Post subject: HANS OSPELT warning for fellow riders, mainly in asia.

heres a warning for any riders who plan on dealing with this guy... he got me - but not as bad as the other poor suckers he ripped off.

i was recently 'ripped off' by a guy here in the philippines claiming to be a swiss bike mechanic who had worked for BMW m/c for 15 years.

his style is to con you into buisness ventures that require investment, right down to just working on your bike.

he had a bike shop with all the good tools and a beadblasting booth. it looked like a good setup, and he sounded like he knew what he was doing.
i was totally conned by this guy and it has taken me alot of work to get my bike back in good order and running correctly.

he (alledgedly) ripped off alot of foreigners (aussies, americans, even philippinos) in a town near where i lived. he skipped town after (alledgedly) ripping the locals off 1 million pesos (about $25,000)... thats ALOT of money here and i belive this was a small ammount compared to what hes been up to in the past.

from what ive been told, (through reliable sources) he sets up workshops (or buisnesses), then operates for some time to gather confidence in the locals then offers them all these deals and bolts with the money...

ive been told he has warrants for his arrest and ALOT of people are looking for him. but unfortunately fake passports are easy to get here and its easy for people like him to disappear.

so my brothers, if your ever riding in the philippines beware of this guy...
he makes us other bike lovers mad that he is still out there...

hans.jpg
 Description:
HANS OSPELT...
 Filesize:  59.99 KB
 Viewed:  83 Time(s)

hans.jpg

IT'S ALL GOOD BABY!....

IT'S ALL GOOD!
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1