650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > go figure, another introduction!

go figure, another introduction!
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
DaveB

PostPosted: October 26, 2007, 12:19 am    Post subject: go figure, another introduction!

Seeing that I've been around for a few weeks asking all the noob questions, I figured it was time to do a proper introduction. I'm Dave, live in Oakland, CA, and just picked up my first "big" bike, a 1977 XS650 with 7500 miles on the clock. Everything I've ridden until now has been of the sub-200cc variety: Vespas and Lambrettas. For some reason however, the cafe racer bug got me this summer!

I look forward to riding and wrenching on this thing... picked up the haynes and clymer manuals, and it seems like it's all pretty straightforward. All I need now is a license and insurance! Wink
5twins

PostPosted: October 26, 2007, 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: go figure, another introduction!

Oh boy, maybe a few slow miles under your belt might help, too :). Welcome and be careful on your new "big" bike. They really are an honest full size ride. You can do and go anywhere with one.
DaveB

PostPosted: October 26, 2007, 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: go figure, another introduction!

No kiddin' huh? I've taken it around the neighborhood a few times to get a feel for it, but I'll be signing up for the MSF course shortly!
5twins

PostPosted: October 26, 2007, 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: go figure, another introduction!

I have many bikes (as my "handle" implies), most of them bigger than my 650 and guess which one I just fell off of?
xsjohn

PostPosted: October 26, 2007, 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: go figure, another introduction!

5twins......speaking of falling off.......about killed myself again with that dang side stand.......big left turn and locking the brakes.........finally put a elastic cord on it to pull it in.........

y boss went to Bermuda for a 10 day vacation.....fell off a moped in his bathing suit on the first day......had to stay in the motel for the entire vacaton licking his road rash........dang....

John
Photo Gallery
DaveB

PostPosted: October 27, 2007, 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: go figure, another introduction!

well... luckily my new Shoei and Alpinestars goodies just arrived, so hopefully I won't be picking gravel out of my thighs any time soon. While I intend to stay right side up, at least I acknowledge the fact that things can turn upside down quickly! Smile
Joseph

PostPosted: October 27, 2007, 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: go figure, another introduction!

John what do you mean about the side stand? I saw my uncle who gave me the bike go down sunday he was pulling off the parkway niped one of those orange barrel looking cones and slid a few yards got road rash banged up knee and his bike took a beating.
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: October 27, 2007, 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: go figure, another introduction!

I kept leaving the side stand down when I took off ......first left turn was no fun........

John
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1