650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Cafe Racer > > gauges and ignition choices

gauges and ignition choices
    Forum Index -> Cafe Racer
DJDingleDick

PostPosted: September 4, 2007, 11:06 am    Post subject: gauges and ignition choices

I'm looking to replace my stock speedo and tach and all those lights (neutral, etc.) with basically just two small gauges and a basic looking ignition switch. has anyone done this that can make some recommendations as to brands and places to get the parts and what will work with the least amount of money and problems? thanks!
KYLEPRESTON
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: September 4, 2007, 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: gauges and ignition choices

look at mikes xs they have the cheepest prices and very good quality you should be happy with them. other places I have bought parts from and know of.

650central.com
650parts
royal enfield.com (there parts section)
guzzino (mototguzzi site in california good quality billet parts fro rear sets if you want to build them)
tc bros has rear sets made up
omars dirt track
glass from the past (has fiberglass seats and tanks and fairings)

cheers Kyle
Photo Gallery
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: September 4, 2007, 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: gauges and ignition choices

It would look even better if you did away with the ignition switch/key & just had a hidden toggle switch ... mines tucked away under the headlight bowl..looks much neater,more like a Brit Caf-racer !
Photo Gallery
DJDingleDick

PostPosted: September 5, 2007, 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: gauges and ignition choices

xs1961 wrote:
It would look even better if you did away with the ignition switch/key & just had a hidden toggle switch ... mines tucked away under the headlight bowl..looks much neater,more like a Brit Caf-racer !

The R5 that I just sold had that and it was nice not having to deal with a key but I still need a key for the helmet/seat lock and for the gas tank so I figure I might as well just get the key and use it at first and then maybe use a toggle switch later. I also live in the city and don't want to stress to much about parking it outside at my house overnight. I have a garage but sometimes I just don't feel like pulling it in at night and its easier to just leave it on the sidewalk in front of the house.
bluebikerblan

PostPosted: September 5, 2007, 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: gauges and ignition choices

Mikes gauges are nice and a good value. I like the speedo with the neutral, high beam, and turn signal blinker on the face and would do without the tach. Like the single key for ignition, tank and seat lock. Blue

Forum Index -> Cafe Racer All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1