650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Parts Needed > > Stock Parts > > I need a Title--any title for a Yamaha will do

I need a Title--any title for a Yamaha will do
    Forum Index -> Stock Parts
Redball

PostPosted: July 18, 2005, 6:46 am    Post subject: I need a Title--any title for a Yamaha will do

Flake I bought a '83 HS from never had the Title and the previos owner appears to be a flake too! and from another state. Anyway I need a title to get this thing on the Road. I've built into a custom hard-tailed bobber and I am not averse to grinding off the old #'s and I don't care if the Title matched the bike as long as its Yamaha. Any body got a title they want to sell or know of a source? I know there are some people thar sell old car titles what about bikes?
Photo Gallery
kibokojoe
Site Reporter
Site Reporter

PostPosted: July 18, 2005, 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: I need a Title--any title for a Yamaha will do

Since you made a bober out of it can you get a salvage title. In Ohio you need a salvage title and then have it inspected with receipts of bike parts that you needed to create the bike. Once it is inspected then you can get a legit title.

Ken
Photo Gallery
robertpokerplayer

PostPosted: July 18, 2005, 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: I need a Title--any title for a Yamaha will do

Redball, the best thing you can do in call your local DMV and find out what you need to do to get the title. In most areas a "sheriff's" title can be obtained and will run around $100-$250 and take about 30 days (you have to apply for a title, run an ad in the news paper, and a few other things.) I know that the price seems kind of steep for the title, but not as steep if you get caught with a wrong title or grinding the #'s off, either way they'll take your ride and you may never see it again.
MYYAMAHOG

PostPosted: July 27, 2005, 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: I need a Title--any title for a Yamaha will do

try this www.its-titles.com $75 and you'll get a title with your numbers from vegas, take it down and have it switched over to your home state. I haven't used them yet as i am still working on getting the bike on the road, but my brother in TX used them and said he had no problems getting his TX650 he just finished choppin switched over and registered he is the one who told me about them.
Photo Gallery
MYYAMAHOG

PostPosted: July 27, 2005, 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: I need a Title--any title for a Yamaha will do

just looked at the price list redball it's $75 for 1980 and older bikes from 81-88 is $125. hope this helps
Photo Gallery
Redball

PostPosted: August 15, 2005, 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: I need a Title--any title for a Yamaha will do

Thanks man for the homework!, But I cheated and just titled it as 80 model. before '81 most titles were not 17 character and the # has no significance to the bike its just a #, cost me $50 (bought a frame a title and junked the frame) But had I known about the service you found I would have done it that way
Photo Gallery
MYYAMAHOG

PostPosted: August 16, 2005, 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: I need a Title--any title for a Yamaha will do

cool glad to hear it!!!!
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Stock Parts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1