650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > An idea...

An idea...
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
Xumi

PostPosted: May 25, 2007, 4:49 pm    Post subject: An idea...

Another MC related forum I belong to relating to my other bike has a really great feature... I was wondering if there would be an interest here.

It's an Emergency Roadside Service list. Here's how it works:

Everyone who wants to participate sends their name, phone, location, and what services they can provide (Place to sleep, bike work, towing svc, coffee, etc) This is kept in a spreadsheet and sent to all the people on the list. That way if you are ever far from home and get into trouble, you can call someone how can help that's local.

aybe they can get you back on the road, or give you a ride to the most honest stealer in the area.. Or just a place to crash on the way to your given destination.

I've never had to use the ERS list from my other group.. But I've heard of many others that have and swear by it.

What does everyone think?

'95 VN1500A
Photo Gallery
ttmaniac

PostPosted: May 25, 2007, 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: An idea...

It's a good idea. Alot of helpful guys around here would probably participate. I know I would. You got nothing to lose on it unless the guy who shows up at your house is some kind of nutcase.....they don't call me maniac for nothing.....
Photo Gallery
Xumi

PostPosted: May 25, 2007, 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: An idea...

ttmaniac wrote:
It's a good idea. Alot of helpful guys around here would probably participate. I know I would. You got nothing to lose on it unless the guy who shows up at your house is some kind of nutcase.....they don't call me maniac for nothing.....

Yeah - I guess that's why we'd get along Just Fine. <BSEG>

'95 VN1500A
Photo Gallery
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 25, 2007, 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: An idea...

Might take my a few days to reach you from here...
Great Idea...works over here in the UK,quite a few 'owners clubs' run similar schemes, US is a big place though,you'd need a lot more participants
Photo Gallery
beys

PostPosted: May 26, 2007, 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: An idea...

...works fine here in Germany too...

Z TS 250/1 with sidecar '77
XS 650 Euro 447 Standard '80,
XT 500 '81
XS 650 US 5V4 Heritage '82
Xumi

PostPosted: May 29, 2007, 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: An idea...

Well there wasn't a lot of hits... but I'm up for starting and maintaining the list.

Anyone who would like to be on the list, send me via pvt msg your first name, city/state, phone number, and what services you can provide:

Roadside assistance
Towing
Place to camp
Bed to sleep in
Repair assistance
etc.

I'll compile those that respond into a spreadsheet and send out the list to those that join it.

Please note: This is not a solicitation for names/phone numbers for ANY other purpose than an Emergency Response List - I will not use/abuse the information in any way, and expect anyone who joins the list to act accordingly also. The information will only be shared with other members of the list, and will not be posted publicly here or anywhere else.

'95 VN1500A
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1