650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > Build off entries, in here!

Build off entries, in here!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
hesredbird

PostPosted: June 27, 2007, 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

well, I have it all fabbed but I am not gonna get paint & lights done so I'm out.
Photo Gallery
ttmaniac

PostPosted: June 27, 2007, 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

I may come up short myself but I don't really want to seeing as how I was the idiot who shot my mouth about the whole "build off" bit to begin with. It sounds like we could make a last minute build off reality series here.

I don't give a damn anyway. I'll balance everything on the bike if I have to, snap a picture, and call it my build off entry. The hardtail pictures on page 3 are sweet. I say you are still in ROY, HESRED, and anyone else who is almost there. HiiiiiYaaa!
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: June 27, 2007, 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Why not add another month to the drop dead date.........

John
Photo Gallery
INXS650
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: June 27, 2007, 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Kind of like that show that used to be on speed, if you don't build it in time, you have to give it back. What was that show anyway?
Photo Gallery
INXS650
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: June 27, 2007, 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Found it, it was build or bust. Looks like someone may bust soon.
Photo Gallery
ttmaniac

PostPosted: June 27, 2007, 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

All in favor of one month extension say I..............I. What a great buildoff.....just rewrite the rules as I go. I'm still shooting for the 4th though. Been without wheels way too long.
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: June 27, 2007, 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Sounds like you wouldn't last another month anyway.........Last seen riding half painted motorcycle on the beach screeming F the build off.....

John
Photo Gallery
Cafe_Shop
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: June 27, 2007, 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Yea, Buchanan's still has my spokes, so it's not likely I'll be finished by the fourth. I should have it complete in short order though as I quit my day job this week to try this bike building thing full time.
Photo Gallery
hesredbird

PostPosted: June 28, 2007, 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Well, here's where I stand as of this moment.
I was going to powder coat the frame, paint the tin & assemble. Waiting for outsourcing is my only problem though. I am burning up summer riding days in Michigan so I decided to just put it together and ride the rest of the year without paint. I might squirt a little black on the frame before I put the motor in today, but I think I'll head out to the barn at day break and start putting the motor in. If my reg/rect. isn't fried, I may be running by Monday. It will never really be finished anyway. Smile
Photo Gallery
INXS650
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: June 28, 2007, 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

That's why you need one junker to ride, and one to modify and take your time with. My junker is a car, but it has corinthian leather, so it's cool.
Photo Gallery
KYLEPRESTON
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: June 28, 2007, 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

That the stuff Ricardo Montalbon was hauking in the 70's
I took a magnum to the demolition derby once with the corinthian leather. It's like taking "Shaft" with you out on the town. You can almost hear that's 70's guitar plucking in the background as you move.
Now if you redo your xs seat in Corinthian leather I know where the smell would be coming from
you would be the s***!!!
Photo Gallery
Xumi

PostPosted: June 28, 2007, 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Hmm - he could probably sacrifice one of the car seats to redo his bike. Very Happy
'95 VN1500A
Photo Gallery
INXS650
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: June 28, 2007, 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Yes, I love my Cordoba. Don't see too many around anymore, kind of like my XS.
Photo Gallery
hesredbird

PostPosted: July 1, 2007, 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

well, I rode it today.
I don't know if this will work but here goes. I don't know how to do a video embed so I'll just do a link.
Started & ran
Photo Gallery
INXS650
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: July 2, 2007, 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Looks and sounds great. Looks like I may have to open my exaust up. Mine sounds like a big lawn mower with the stock exhaust.
Photo Gallery
Ripper_Rudnick

PostPosted: July 2, 2007, 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Well, if the extension actually goes into effect, count me in......I "might" have mine done in a month.... Here is the way she sits right now.

xs-side.jpg
 Description:
Still need to fab up a battery box and all my electrical......
 Filesize:  125.21 KB
 Viewed:  4099 Time(s)

xs-side.jpg

ttmaniac

PostPosted: July 2, 2007, 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Nice......real nice.
That is a real bike. Like the bars especially. And the black tank.

I say the extension goes. One more month (August 4th) and that's it. It don't mean jack anyhow seeing as there is no prize. I am delayed myself. Plan to get a couple of progress pics up soon though.
Photo Gallery
Cafe_Shop
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: July 3, 2007, 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

That's great. My birthday is the fifth. A build-off win is just the present I was hoping for.
Photo Gallery
mo650chopper
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: July 3, 2007, 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

My completed entry

editedsize2.jpg
 Description:
 Filename:  editedsize2.jpg
 Filesize:  174.9 KB
 Downloaded:  310 Time(s)

editedsize3.jpg
 Description:
 Filename:  editedsize3.jpg
 Filesize:  193.12 KB
 Downloaded:  288 Time(s)

editedsize.jpg
 Description:
 Filename:  editedsize.jpg
 Filesize:  203.61 KB
 Downloaded:  289 Time(s)

Photo Gallery
Xumi

PostPosted: July 3, 2007, 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Oh hot damn I love that bike! That paint is really unique.... Damn damn damn that's hot!!
'95 VN1500A
Photo Gallery
Xumi

PostPosted: July 3, 2007, 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Uh - where's your left handlegrip?
'95 VN1500A
Photo Gallery
KYLEPRESTON
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: July 3, 2007, 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

I don't think he needs the left hand grip he's gonna go driving with his finger in the air.

Looks like a hydro clutch setup. nice ride

kyle

you have pictures of that battery box while it was being built?
Photo Gallery
mo650chopper
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: July 3, 2007, 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

"Uh - where's your left handlegrip?"

Damn I knew I'd forget somrthing Wink

Waiting for the next trip tp the bike shop to borrow some of their handgrip glue. I've done an unintentional one handed wheelie before and I almost crapped my pants.

Photo Gallery
mo650chopper
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: July 3, 2007, 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

"you have pictures of that battery box while it was being built?"

The battery box itself was just some scrap 1/4" 1" angle iron and misc. bar stock I had laying around. It wasn't pretty and probably over built, A old Harley way of doing things. I made some pretty covers out of some scrap aluminum sheeting i came acroos and mounted it to the battery box with some 1/4" nuts, bolts, washers.

editedbareframe.jpg
 Description:
 Filename:  editedbareframe.jpg
 Filesize:  102.89 KB
 Downloaded:  256 Time(s)

Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5