650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > Build off entries, in here!

Build off entries, in here!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: April 22, 2007, 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Nearly there!!!

p4220045 (small).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  44.42 KB
 Viewed:  5065 Time(s)

p4220045 (small).jpg

Cafe_Shop
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 23, 2007, 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

WOW Yamaman! Shocked How much does that tach mount weigh? Maybe it's just its proximity to the camera but it looks like 1/2 inch thick plate. Laughing
Photo Gallery
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: April 24, 2007, 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

About an ounce I guess, its plastic! Laughing
Last weigh in she came in at 180kg, fairly hefty! To be honest though I havn't realy done anything to help reduce that this time. Though I have a new seat on the drawing board that should help!

jayel
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 24, 2007, 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

396.828 lb. for the math challenged, seeing how the USA is one of the few countries not using metrics, personally I prefer cubits and spans with a few about yea muchs thrown in
beys

PostPosted: April 25, 2007, 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

jayel wrote:
...seeing how the USA is one of the few countries not using metrics...
yeah, really backwarded! Laughing

Z TS 250/1 with sidecar '77
XS 650 Euro 447 Standard '80,
XT 500 '81
XS 650 US 5V4 Heritage '82
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: May 5, 2007, 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

waiting on some decals!

Last edited by yamaman on May 6, 2007, 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Photo Gallery
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: May 5, 2007, 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p4270050 (small).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  77.26 KB
 Viewed:  4944 Time(s)

p4270050 (small).jpg

ttmaniac

PostPosted: May 8, 2007, 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Makes me crave macaroni and cheese!
Photo Gallery
royfisk

PostPosted: May 9, 2007, 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Hmm; nice bike. macaroni and cheese? Sounds like loudon to me. vintage raceing there in a month. Right through the streets of laconia on the real old bikes. You know the mopeds with v-twins in them. I dont know if I am going to make a the july build off. Have gotten some work done but very limitted for time. Should have built a race bike "thats quicker".
xsjohn

PostPosted: May 9, 2007, 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Never could figure inches or metrics so just relied on my only constant-- willie.....Not a good feeler gauge but sometimes it points me in the right direction......

John Underwood
Photo Gallery
ttmaniac

PostPosted: May 10, 2007, 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

I still can't decide on shocks or struts. I would post some pics like I said I was but who the hell wants to take pictures when your hands are greasy or covered in fiberglass?
I bought this cafe seat from australia somewhere for 50 bucks plus shipping. It is a flimsy piece. So tonite I laid glass in and cut it how I wanted it. Have a little more detail work to do on it and then make seat bracket, battery mounts, then paint and assembly.
If I buy shocks, then I can't afford the big bore kit. If I buy the big bore kit I won't have cash for shocks. I can get nice aluminum struts for nothing. I'm contemplating a wheelie bar on a strutted dragged out setup. Don't know if I'll have the time though....maybe.
Photo Gallery
royfisk

PostPosted: May 11, 2007, 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

I just finished my kids 76 standard out of inventory parts and the bike I scored last fall. This has to be the sweetest running bike I have bought and not rebuilt the engine on. The top end is silent or so close that I was waiting for it to come apart. I bet I dont have that luck with my own.
jp1979

PostPosted: May 11, 2007, 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

I am tryen to get my 73 bobber done for this but I dont know if I will be done in time. I have the frame done and its a roller now and that is about as far as I am.

PostPosted: May 11, 2007, 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

I did finish my buddies bike, though he ain't in the contest..its a rough lookin bastard anyhow. Severe parts bike. Front mag and spoke rear. Some degenerate had sledgehammered the seat rails down to fit some oversize nightmare seat. I cut out the damaged bars and welded in some lower ones. My friend is shorter so it works for him lengthwise.
I also finished reinstalling a crank in his engine after a crank/cam gear with years of maladjustment caught up with it shortly after a 7000 rpm blast. Everything went back together okay into it. It sounded kinda like the new (used) crank kinda ran in for a couple minutes. It pulled pretty hard though it wasn't running my preferred drag gears. So now I can finally go work on my bike! Blowing up your friends bike is extremely overrated.
Photo Gallery
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: May 15, 2007, 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Yep, she's yellow alright, give it the bumble bee treatment as soon as the decals arrive! A few less things to worry about being a racer for sure!
Louden sounds awesome! They basicly banned street racing in Aus, almost impossible to get insurance-even if you could afford it!

Raced mine on Sunday-first time out this year, after a few problems resulting in getting only 3 laps in during the 2 practice sessions and the first race. All was fine for the last 2 races and though not at all quick, was at least able to circulate and get some good testing in, so should be all go for round 3 on June 10!

royfisk

PostPosted: May 15, 2007, 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Ah Tt I was working last week on a guys bike, Got it running and it had a stuck valve. This bike had a pro cobber for a former owner. this guy beleived in pliers hammer and bailing wire are the only tools available for motorcycle surgery. any how I called the guy up and told him after 9 years of being down the old 81 special runs but sounds sick and needs to come apart. He then came down and started the bike. While I was in the junk yard I hear this bike just wound right out popping backfireing etc. then there was silance. When I came down to the shop he had a grin on from ear to ear, and said now it needs to come apart. So Now I have another engine job.
hesredbird

PostPosted: May 16, 2007, 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

I'm getting there. I have a few more things to do tho.
Photo Gallery
ttmaniac

PostPosted: May 17, 2007, 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Hey, that looks like a real bike taking shape....cool. Just don't put streamers (arm beaters) and fringe all over it. Front disc looks good. Like your pipes and also your handlebar selection.
Photo Gallery
Cafe_Shop
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: June 22, 2007, 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Only 12 days remaining!

I'm preping for paint this weekend and final assembly next week. My only deadline killer could be Buchanan's with my custom spoke sets.

Could everybody check in and post their current status?

So here's a list of who's in:

ttmaniac - 1978 - Street-Cafe

Cafe_Shop - 1980 - Cafe

jfplaying

royfisk - 1975

RainLand

mikenfl

gs1327 - 1977 - Tracker

madskills

yamaman - Cafe

gus99

hesredbird - 1980 - Bobber

jp1979 - 1973 - Bobber

Photo Gallery
ttmaniac

PostPosted: June 22, 2007, 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Here's my progress so far....no pics until deadline though.

Frame in primer, plan to shoot black with green prismatique from ppg

Finishing touches on seat to be upholstered next week.

Completing battery box today.

Can't run the xsjohn oil cooler mod on account of ttpipes and size and necessary location of oil cooler (unless I run it in front of the head itself, which defeats the purpose kind of?)

Plan on running a royal enfield tank I won on ebay for 100 bucks. It's part black and part chrome. Gonna cover up the enfield logo when I spray the black sections.

I'm hoping to make it by the deadline. A couple more solid sessions and it should be ready. This week will decide it for me. Starting to think I shouldn't have shot my mouth about a build off. It definitely got me workin on this thing.
Photo Gallery
gs1327
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: June 22, 2007, 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Not looking good here...........................
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: June 23, 2007, 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

I should have mine complete and on the road by 6/29/07. You check the progress in my post on mo650chopper's project
Photo Gallery
hesredbird

PostPosted: June 24, 2007, 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

I am not going to make it, I am sad to say. I have some out sourcing issues (& a slow eBayer) that are gonna be a road block for me. It looks like a bike but it isn't complete and running. Sorry.
Photo Gallery
royfisk

PostPosted: June 27, 2007, 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Mine has come up short also.

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5