650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > Build off entries, in here!

Build off entries, in here!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
Cafe_Shop
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: March 19, 2007, 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

I hope there is no penalty for finishing early. My schedule will have my bike complete mid May at the latest.
Photo Gallery
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: March 20, 2007, 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

April 21 is my deadline!
Cafe_Shop
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: March 20, 2007, 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

I could probably have it finished this next week if I wasn't saving up for the sparkley paint job.
Photo Gallery
qferret
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: March 20, 2007, 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Looks like you boys have your work cut out for ya.... hehe

I'd join in the fray, but I'm a bit strapped for cash right now. I'll just be getting it running this year. ...although.... my li'l XS will chew up a LOT less gas money than my Blazer.... & I DO have a spare tank... I may have to throw the tank with the crease on while I get the good one colored up LOL

No way I'd be done by July though at any rate. I want to make custom side covers that cover a bit more (fiberglass is a wonderfull thing)
Photo Gallery
mikenfl

PostPosted: March 21, 2007, 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Cafe_Shop wrote:
So... not to single you out mikenfl, but could you edit your post and pull the two largest images?
Your project looks great but I think we all agree the two smaller images show everything just fine. Thanks.
Embarassed
hesredbird

PostPosted: March 23, 2007, 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

OK, I'm in. I posted what I am doing in the noob forum but I will repeat it here. I am starting with an 80 G. It was a running and finished tracker. I am waiting for my son-in-law to help me lift the motor out before I start on the frame. I stripped the bike of everything except complete front end, wheels & motor. When I get the motor out, I'm chopping the back end off and making a rigid out of it. I will take more pics as I go along.

bike02.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  216.89 KB
 Viewed:  4809 Time(s)

bike02.jpg

Photo Gallery
gs1327
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 8, 2007, 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Has the build-off died?
I'm at an estimated 10% done.

650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 8, 2007, 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

It's not dead, but that's what I feel like. I've been laid-up with a fever for the last week. I was in the middle of working on a write-up on how the convert to hydraulic clutch with only a drill press, and my method for hiding a full sized battery. I'll try for this week.
Photo Gallery
gs1327
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 8, 2007, 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Wow, sorry to hear that. Hope you get back 100% real soon.
Looking forward to seeing that write-up.

Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: April 8, 2007, 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

I cant seem to post any pics, without them taking up to much space.
Also I cant upload any pics to my gallery at all!

So, I got my twin disc front end together, including new tapered roller steering bearings, capped off with a nice new 90/90/18 dunlop TT900GP tyre.
750cc donk is in place, electrics almost done, exhaust headers are on.

Still waiting on the body work, maybe next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Though this will give me time to fit the carbs and filters, rear sets, megaphones and whatever else I find that needs doing!
First race is the 21st April!

jayel
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 8, 2007, 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

to post a pic it has to be a jpeg, good size is around 52 kb (600x800 pixel in bitmap)
royfisk

PostPosted: April 9, 2007, 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

I beleive that silance is golden and theres alot of work to be done. We may get alot of surprises come july.
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: April 10, 2007, 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

jayel wrote:
to post a pic it has to be a jpeg, good size is around 52 kb (600x800 pixel in bitmap)

Any tips on how to make it so? Cheers

Cafe_Shop
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 10, 2007, 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

If you don't have photoshop, you can email it to me and I'll convert, scale and send it back to you. Next time you take a picture, check your camera. It should be able to take smaller pictures.
Photo Gallery
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: April 20, 2007, 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Still cant get a handle on the pics, if i try to upload into gallery, it goes to coppermine? and it is a totaly white screen!!!!

I got it all together, after finding (making) a hole in the fuel tank twice! Still unpainted, I let it loose down the hill i fortunatly live on top of! Straight away she fired into life whoo hooo!

Was supposed to be riding today at a test and tune day, alas my race licence ran out on the 19th, and my ambo cover also is expired, only checked it this morning! Bugger!!!!!!!!!!! Ok so that gives me a week to sort it all out, maybe have to do a couple of runs up the road to make sure alls groovy!

royfisk

PostPosted: April 21, 2007, 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

I have so much customer work going on that between e-bay and actual work on other peoples rides mine is again being neglected. The work is nice but I wish I could ride too. Right now there are 5 xs-650"s in the shop 4 are customers, 1-exciter 250, a honda twinstar, and a elsinore. heres a view from the door.

dsc00696.jpg
 Description:
 Filename:  dsc00696.jpg
 Filesize:  581.79 KB
 Downloaded:  543 Time(s)
Photo Gallery
billc

PostPosted: April 21, 2007, 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Hi,If you guy's do a search,microsoft has a great pic resizer that's free to download,takes about 1 min to install.You can pick from a couple different size's.The smallest selection will take a 400KB pic down to 60KB which is great for putting on the net. this is the address just copy and paste it and follow he instuctions www.microsoft.com/wind...rtoys.mspx - 23k
Photo Gallery
hesredbird

PostPosted: April 21, 2007, 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

I had a wee bit of a set back. The fella that did my frame got it just a little out of square. Now I have to find a place to fix it.
Photo Gallery
gs1327
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: April 21, 2007, 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Theres a place in northeast Ohio, probably 3 hours away from you, that can measure and straighten your chassis, I've used them in the past, pretty nice people but of course you are looking at some $ here.
www.mphohio.com/

Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: April 21, 2007, 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

ok, thanks Billc, works great!!!!! here we go!

p3170005 (small).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  75.35 KB
 Viewed:  4623 Time(s)

p3170005 (small).jpg

billc

PostPosted: April 21, 2007, 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Nice pic there yamaman,picture posting should go a lot faster now.Can't wait to see more.
Photo Gallery
yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: April 22, 2007, 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

front ends done!

p4220042 (small).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  68.77 KB
 Viewed:  4601 Time(s)

p4220042 (small).jpg

yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: April 22, 2007, 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Donks in

p4220044 (small).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  77.38 KB
 Viewed:  4601 Time(s)

p4220044 (small).jpg

yamaman
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: April 22, 2007, 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Build off entries, in here!

Test ride!!!!!!!!!!!!1

p4220046 (small).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  64.87 KB
 Viewed:  4599 Time(s)

p4220046 (small).jpg

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5