650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Motorcycle Systems > > Electrical > > Starter Woes...

Starter Woes...
    Forum Index -> Electrical
jdschooler

PostPosted: July 4, 2005, 10:59 pm    Post subject: Starter Woes...

I have a 77 XS650 D. When I hit the starter button all I get is 1 click and the starter does not turn over. It has been this way for a year or so and starts pretty good with the kickstarter. Charging system and battery are fine. I haven't take the starter off yet to test it. I would like to get this working cuz it's there....anyone have any ideas of the prob....I think I already replaced the solenoid a couple of years ago and it didn't fix the prob.
650rider
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: July 7, 2005, 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Starter Woes...

Not sure but I think it's just like a car setup. When the car does that it's eighter a bad spot on the starter motor where the brushes are, the brushes them self or the silonoid. there's not much more to them.

But mind you I have never pulled mine off or had an issue with it. So I think I'm typing here just to hear the clicking of the keyboard. Smile

ps: just and to say this, you did check all the wire connection with a volt metter correct?

Photo Gallery
jdschooler

PostPosted: July 7, 2005, 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Starter Woes...

Yeah I checked everything up to the starter except the ones on the starter....I have heard the starter system on the XS is notorious for this on the micapeak yam 650 forum but can't remember what they said to do to fix it....Iknow they led me to believe that it would be an ongoing fight.....Spose I should just bite the bullet and remove it and hook it up to a battery direct to see if it spins.

Brushes wouldn't be bad to fix but the armature could &%^$

Thanx,
Later

Forum Index -> Electrical All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1