650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Cafe Racer > > Xs750 Tank, Cafe Seat, Clubmans...PICS INSIDE

Xs750 Tank, Cafe Seat, Clubmans...PICS INSIDE
    Forum Index -> Cafe Racer
jasonrmorrow

PostPosted: May 16, 2007, 1:16 am    Post subject: Xs750 Tank, Cafe Seat, Clubmans...PICS INSIDE

Hey everyone, got my cafe tailsection in the mail today. Went over to the garage to mock it up with the tank and clubmans.

Drilled the 4 dimpled holes marked in the seat for the stock latch and stock from hinge. Then trimmed the front to fit with the tank.

Heres a mock up pic or two, the first pic is with my feet on the stock pegs, the second pic of me on it is with my feet in my estimation of a rear set position.

I think i need the rear sets...the pics are a little buy in the background sorry, i tore the front end off after that pic and gonna wash the frame and engine this week and when the swingarm parts show up...rebuild it and throw the rear wheel on.

Let me now what you think...it looks exactly how i pictured it. I love it.

Retiredgentleman
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 16, 2007, 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: Xs750 Tank, Cafe Seat, Clubmans...PICS INSIDE

That's going to be a sweet ride when your done. Looks like lots of work ahead.
Photo Gallery
INXS650
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 16, 2007, 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Xs750 Tank, Cafe Seat, Clubmans...PICS INSIDE

Might as well whack off where the passenger pegs go as well. Looks great so far.
Photo Gallery
ttmaniac

PostPosted: May 16, 2007, 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Xs750 Tank, Cafe Seat, Clubmans...PICS INSIDE

Rock backwards on it once. I wanna see how she wheelies!
Photo Gallery
INXS650
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 16, 2007, 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Xs750 Tank, Cafe Seat, Clubmans...PICS INSIDE

Where are the pictures of yours doing wheelies tt? I would like to see the progress you've made. What kind of stuff were you talking about removing off your bike that you didn't need? It does seem like there is alot of "extras" on these bikes. Was thinking about removing the passenger peg mounts. Already took the pegs off as I slipped off the kick starter once, and gouged my leg on the pegs. They had to go. Just worried if I resell it you know.
Photo Gallery
Finn51

PostPosted: May 16, 2007, 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Xs750 Tank, Cafe Seat, Clubmans...PICS INSIDE

Looks good Jason. So who made the tail section and how much.
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 16, 2007, 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Xs750 Tank, Cafe Seat, Clubmans...PICS INSIDE

Looks great...wont be needing the standard seat then....?
Ive got a home for it...
Sell me it ...
Purleeeze.... Wink
Photo Gallery
tintin

PostPosted: May 16, 2007, 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Xs750 Tank, Cafe Seat, Clubmans...PICS INSIDE

I'd like to see a pic of the seat from the back, a birds-eye view to see the shape of the seating area.

Looks good in profile though! Is it the unit often seen on ebay etc specific to the XS650?
jasonrmorrow

PostPosted: May 16, 2007, 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Xs750 Tank, Cafe Seat, Clubmans...PICS INSIDE

Yea its the CAFERACE seat on ebay...made to fit the xs650.

Its wider than i thought but so far it seems comfy. I'll get my camera back and take some more pics. It's quite a bit larger overall than i had imagined it, but it looks correct and proptortional on the bike.

Got to go work on it now though..evenings are tough.

Jason
ttmaniac

PostPosted: May 17, 2007, 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Xs750 Tank, Cafe Seat, Clubmans...PICS INSIDE

How was the quality of the seat? Is it rigid or a flexing mess? I bought a sweet looking cafe seat on ebay from australia. I get the thing ok but it is a thin piece of trash. So I went ahead and reinforced it and is much better now. Next time its strictly Omars TT seats for TTmaniac.
Photo Gallery
xs1961
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 17, 2007, 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Xs750 Tank, Cafe Seat, Clubmans...PICS INSIDE

A mate and I currently make & sell flat tracker seats on Ebay , a Caf-Racer version will be on sale soon ,it will be very high quality - not flexy..
keep an eye on Ebay ..
I will offer these to 650Rider members at a reduced price...
Photo Gallery
Finn51

PostPosted: May 17, 2007, 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Xs750 Tank, Cafe Seat, Clubmans...PICS INSIDE

Hey Jason, is that you sitting on the bike. Good to see a young guy into older cycles, heck I have shoes older than you. Judging by the Lemans parked there , you also have good taste in old bikes too. I like the direction you are going, was my intention to go that route years ago, but saw the street tracker style, and had to have one. My next one will be a roadster style, similar to the early 70s commando, my age doesn't recomend low bars anymore. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress. Finn.
jasonrmorrow

PostPosted: May 17, 2007, 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Xs750 Tank, Cafe Seat, Clubmans...PICS INSIDE

If i don't need the pass mounts for some sort of rear set...like the ones on ebay from tcbroschoppers then they're as good as gone.

Yea thats me on the bike...the Lemans II is not mine, its my girlfriends dads. We'll hit some classic bike rallies together. And my gf can ride the klr650 !! The 79 katana is too much of a stretch for her and the rs1100 is too big.

I really like the Lemans...long and low, but mine will be cooler.

I do drive a 1964 chevy 1/2 ton as my daily rig and i have two 1928 model a's, a coupe and a tudor that are waiting for me to hot rod. The bike is a quick easy cheap summer ride, until i get the model a done...

The seat itself is very high quality i'm impressed with the thickness and rigidity. It is wobbly on the bike but even the stock seat has a half dozen or so rubbers to get it to sit right so i'm not worried about that. It mounts with the forward hinge and the stock latch. I have to add the rubbers to get it to stop wobbling. I can't flex the seat just by holding it in my hands.

I got some more parts from mikesxs today...can throw that swingarm back on this weekend if i get a new tire mounted. Still a couple weeks away from my new springs and seals for the front end. So i'll get all the engine stuff done this (long) weekend.
ttmaniac

PostPosted: May 17, 2007, 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Xs750 Tank, Cafe Seat, Clubmans...PICS INSIDE

Those fiberglass seats always need some rubber snubbers to keep em from flexing to hard. If you don't get a good welded bracket underneath you will find out at 7000 rpms....that is a clean machine you got running there though.

I plan on posting my pictures when my bike is complete by the July 4th deadline. I was going to post progress pictures but seeing as how everyone had or has their bike stripped down, I didn't figure anyone would care to see another stripped bare frame. I just cut the passenger pegs and dump everything and anything unneeded. Some guys like sportbike height suspension but I like it low and comfy in the back as I sometimes gotta deal with 25 mph where the bike is annoyingly top heavy with tall rear suspension. So it's going to be a cafe-drag racer.

I also talked smack about glo-fuel injection earlier this year so I went ahead and ordered the necessary parts in order to get me killed. Total cost with slight extravagance is 100 dollars U.S. I even got a mini fuel pump that can reverse the flow when i want to shut it down. It will be a fun experiment. At worst I'm out 100 bucks and have a highly polished stash spot. At best I can crank serious power at 1/2 throttle or better. Sure....I know what you are thinking..."he'll blow his motor"....I'm not ttmaniac for nothing..

So for tomorrow, bronze bushing installation. Quite easy when you get the oem trash outta the way. Then prime my swingarm. I'm going with a black paint job with a bit of green sparkle added I think.

I'll tell you how I also lucked out. At christmas I got a set of one off TT pipes that I couldn't identify. I had never seen em before. I found out the other day that it is a Maxi X pipe or something. Highly rated. Other guy didn't like the sound so we'll see.

Seeing this bike build off happen has been fun. I think it will have an awesome finish. There is alot of talent and knowledge amongst the members of this site. I think everybodys bike will be a step up from what they would've built had they not entered the build off. I can't wait to see the final entries. All those classic bikes revived with style. Later.
Photo Gallery
billyfrank
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: May 19, 2007, 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Xs750 Tank, Cafe Seat, Clubmans...PICS INSIDE

Looks good, kinda what I want to do to mine. How did that tank mount up? It looks good.
Good luck and looking forward to more pics,
Billy

Forum Index -> Cafe Racer All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1