650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Chopper jobs > > work in progress

work in progress
    Forum Index -> Chopper jobs
TheWonderMonkey

PostPosted: August 25, 2009, 7:19 pm    Post subject: work in progress

she needs some work yet, but just wanted to share what i was workin with. i've had it sittin in the garage for a while and am finally gettin around to it. i'm hopin all goes well and she'll be ready come spring.

PostPosted: August 25, 2009, 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: work in progress

Pretty cool man, not my style per say, but I still dig it!

PostPosted: August 29, 2009, 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: work in progress

did ya do the forks yourself, got some closeups?
Photo Gallery
xsleo

PostPosted: August 29, 2009, 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: work in progress

I've seen forks like that before. A few years back Orange County Choppers used a set on one of their builds.

'75 XS650B with a 79 dual disc front end, rear disk brake, Chrysler reg, Radio Shack rect, LED tail/ brake and turn signals.
Photo Gallery
TheWonderMonkey

PostPosted: August 29, 2009, 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: work in progress

heavens no, the forks came with the bike. i've actually been tryin to figure out more about them myself, not sure who made them or anything so if anybody has some info they could give me that'd be great. i heard someone refer to the front end as a grasshopper once. whatever that means...

PostPosted: August 29, 2009, 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: work in progress

TheWonderMonkey wrote:
heavens no, the forks came with the bike. i've actually been tryin to figure out more about them myself, not sure who made them or anything so if anybody has some info they could give me that'd be great. i heard someone refer to the front end as a grasshopper once. whatever that means...

ive seen them before I was searching earls leading link forks, and those type were in that info on alternative forks , I just dont remember where it was.
Photo Gallery
xsleo

PostPosted: August 29, 2009, 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: work in progress

Might try contacting OCC and see if they can tell you about the ones they used. There web site is www.orangecountychoppers.com

'75 XS650B with a 79 dual disc front end, rear disk brake, Chrysler reg, Radio Shack rect, LED tail/ brake and turn signals.
Photo Gallery
xsleo

PostPosted: August 30, 2009, 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: work in progress

I checked out their site. The bike they used forks like yours on, was the POW-MIA bike. A very nice bike by the way.

Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Chopper jobs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1