650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Chopper jobs > > new guy with a question...

new guy with a question...
    Forum Index -> Chopper jobs
choprodxs

PostPosted: January 30, 2009, 1:58 pm    Post subject: new guy with a question...

I just ordered an Ardcore Choppers frme and was wondering if anyone here has built a bike around one of their frames and what you thought of it?
As soon as I get mine I will start a build post..
thanks
choprodxs

PostPosted: January 31, 2009, 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: new guy with a question...

Nobody has used one of these frames?
calicruiser

PostPosted: January 31, 2009, 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: new guy with a question...

i doubt there are very many on this forum in particular. this forum has lots of guys that are not into chopping xs's. try thechopperunderground.com or bobbertalk.com and ask there.

josh
5twins

PostPosted: February 1, 2009, 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: new guy with a question...

Amen ..... these are great old bikes and I for one would like to keep them that way (stock).
Yamaha_chop

PostPosted: February 1, 2009, 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: new guy with a question...

5twins wrote:
Amen ..... these are great old bikes and I for one would like to keep them that way (stock).

Snore.......

Laughing
kingwj
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: February 1, 2009, 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: new guy with a question...

Thats why they make Budweiser and Westvleteren 12. Chop away and enjoy slamming those Buds.

1979 XS650F
1979 XS750SF
1972 Triumph Tiger
Photo Gallery
nj1639

PostPosted: February 1, 2009, 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: new guy with a question...

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Then there's the home brewers. Not sure where they'd be placed, mild tweaking? Nothing that can't be returned to the original recipe!

Finksies

PostPosted: February 1, 2009, 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: new guy with a question...

Most people that do xs I feel like do em on a budget. People usually end up buying a weld-on hardtrail (cheap), and moding the stock frames their selves. Those frames do look cool tho.
kingwj
650Rider Supporter
650Rider Supporter

PostPosted: February 1, 2009, 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: new guy with a question...

I brew, make a pretty good Kolsch if I must say so.

1979 XS650F
1979 XS750SF
1972 Triumph Tiger
Photo Gallery
choprodxs

PostPosted: February 2, 2009, 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: new guy with a question...

Wow is this one of those kinda places?
Heck I not even cutting it up.I have a motor and thats it...
I was just looking for some input.so thanks to the guys who replied to my question..
I personally went with ardcore cuz I liked the look of their frames out of all the others I researched.
I just really don't like that straight from the neck to the plates line that most of the hardtailed XS's have.
650skull
Support Staff
Support Staff

PostPosted: February 2, 2009, 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: new guy with a question...

choprodxs www.650motorcycles.com...etinBoard/ the guys in this site may be able to give you more info on the type of frame you are talking about.............. -
Photo Gallery
georelle

PostPosted: February 2, 2009, 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: new guy with a question...

Choprodxs
Good luck with the build. I am one who appreciates what can be done with these bikes and their air cooled motors. They are not rare so keeping them stock does not necessarily help with resale and price. I have seen stock and customs sell for about the same price on ebay. Someday the stockers may be worth more but I think a quality custom may also be worth more if it is done right. These bikes pop up regularly. I currently have a custom I finished last spring and am rebuilding one to stock I picked up for $35.00.

Georelle

'02 Suzuki VZ800
'78 Honda CM185T
Photo Gallery
MarylandRider

PostPosted: February 2, 2009, 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: new guy with a question...

I brew beer too. Several secret recipies. My favorite is the honeysuckle wheat, though I'm working on a radish ale. Sounds weird, but it will work.

I say build whatever you want. cut it up, don't, base a bike around only the motor (as you seem to be doing). Besides whats a spare motor other than a paperweight for large papers if your not usin it.
whydontwegetdrunk

PostPosted: February 2, 2009, 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: new guy with a question...

Beer Brewers? I knew I was in the right place. I have a Scottish Wee Heavy and a Three Hearted Ale in secondary as we speak. Thought about calling my bobber "Crank-N-Stein".
metalredneck

PostPosted: February 2, 2009, 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: new guy with a question...

You wanna go REAL cheap, check out these guys...
www.amazingstill.com/

PostPosted: February 2, 2009, 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: new guy with a question...

don't drink and chop ! Laughing

might get a little crooked Shocked
Photo Gallery
xsjohn

PostPosted: February 2, 2009, 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: new guy with a question...

Don't chop just drink...might still be ok tomorrow........ Laughing
Photo Gallery
Stevea

PostPosted: May 13, 2009, 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: new guy with a question...

Yes I built a Ardcore frame this winter was very pleased with it . Will try to send some pic's .. Steve
darrenlindy78

PostPosted: June 4, 2009, 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: new guy with a question...

i found it best to chop then drink and look at it
Photo Gallery
whydontwegetdrunk

PostPosted: June 5, 2009, 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: new guy with a question...

Here here! I agree, that way if the cut is a bit off...three or four brews later it all looks fine.

Forum Index -> Chopper jobs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1