650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Custom Work: Chop, Bob, Cafe and Flattracker - Streettracker > > Chopper jobs > > TC Bros Forwards with what exhaust?

TC Bros Forwards with what exhaust?
    Forum Index -> Chopper jobs
jimbowattz

PostPosted: March 19, 2009, 10:59 pm    Post subject: TC Bros Forwards with what exhaust?

I have a set of TC Bros forwards but am having a hell of a time figuring out how I can get the linkage to the rear drum connected. I think that my pipes might be in the way of the linkage passing over it. What pipes are people using with the TC Bros forwards that aren't in the way of the linkage? The below pics show the possible clearance issue. Am I correct in being concerned that the linkage will not clear?

Also, does anyone have a pic of the linkage setup that TC Bros sells to go along with their forwards?

BubbaKahuna

PostPosted: March 20, 2009, 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: TC Bros Forwards with what exhaust?

I'm far from an expert in this but most of the pics I've seen of the TC forwards are not with both pipes on one side. I'm sure someone's using them this way but the ones I've seen are 2 into 2 with one pipe on each side so the right side is tucked under out of the way.

Have you asked TC Bros?

Cheers,
- JJ

electronicx

PostPosted: March 24, 2009, 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Bros Forwards with what exhaust?

I had a hard time with this part also. Tough to keep it out of the kick starts way. Im using the stock headpipes which gave me more room to work with. take a look at my gallery, It might give you an idea. I cant really see from the pictures, but I would see if you could come up with a horizontal pivot point to get the rod out a bit farther.

1d_12.jpg
 Description:
Sorry to whoevers image I stole!
 Filesize:  32.68 KB
 Viewed:  485 Time(s)

1d_12.jpg

Photo Gallery
Mofokker

PostPosted: March 28, 2009, 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: TC Bros Forwards with what exhaust?

I used a brake pivot from G & L Choppers and bent the push pull rod that I made in just the right places and presto!

linkagepivot.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  425.34 KB
 Viewed:  645 Time(s)

linkagepivot.jpg

Photo Gallery
Mofokker

PostPosted: March 28, 2009, 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: TC Bros Forwards with what exhaust?

I used a brake pivot from G & L Choppers and bent the push pull rod that I made in just the right places and presto!
Photo Gallery
jimbowattz

PostPosted: March 29, 2009, 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Bros Forwards with what exhaust?

Does this pivot brom G & L bolt on or weld on?
Mofokker

PostPosted: March 29, 2009, 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Bros Forwards with what exhaust?

It welds on
Photo Gallery
Mofokker

PostPosted: March 29, 2009, 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Bros Forwards with what exhaust?

It welds on
Photo Gallery
jimbowattz

PostPosted: March 30, 2009, 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Bros Forwards with what exhaust?

k, thanks. I ordered mine from them. how long does the fabrication and shippment usually take?
BeanerBiker

PostPosted: March 30, 2009, 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Bros Forwards with what exhaust?

Check my pictures and my set up. Dont ask how it was done..I had someone do it for me.. yes...Im one of "those". Wink I'm using TC forwards and G&L pipes (straight pipes down each side). Good Luck..
Photo Gallery
cpotts454

PostPosted: March 30, 2009, 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Bros Forwards with what exhaust?

I bought a pair of these from TC Bros too. Great quality stuff. I did however have to make a brace that runs across to two near the mounts for the pegs for stability. I was afraid I was going to roll the pegs in towards the front tire on a hard brake. I will post a pic to show you what I did tomorrow.
Photo Gallery
BeanerBiker

PostPosted: March 30, 2009, 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Bros Forwards with what exhaust?

BTW - not sure where you are located..but if you contact the guys at Motor Cycle Classics of Maryland..they may be able to give you some advice.

www.mcofmd.com/

Ask for Chuck..let him know Greg told you to ask for him.
Photo Gallery
BeanerBiker

PostPosted: March 30, 2009, 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Bros Forwards with what exhaust?

Not sure if you can see it from this picture.
Photo Gallery
ironwill

PostPosted: April 30, 2009, 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: TC Bros Forwards with what exhaust?

As you, I couldn't find a hook-up that looked the way I wanted, used minimum parts, cleared the exhaust, and the kick starter. I ended up cutting off the rod attachment point, welding a piece of pipe with steel bushing to the inside of the foot lever, then re-welding the rod attachment point to the new piece of pipe (actually it was pipe from the swing-arm I removed) This repositioned the attachment point in close to the frame, so I was able to run the rod inside the exhaust for a pretty clean look. I also welded the controls lower, and inside to the frame for a little extra leg room, though I will hit sooner if I lay it over really hard. I doubt I will ever get it THAT low!

Forum Index -> Chopper jobs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1