650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Welcome > > Introduce yourself to the community here > > Hello All...

Hello All...
    Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here
kd4eqt

PostPosted: August 29, 2006, 1:55 pm    Post subject: Hello All...

Well, I'm not exactly new. I have been on the site for just over 1 year and have done much more reading than posting. I restored an '83 Heritage Special last fall. This included bead blasting and painting just about everything, even the frame. I have rewound the rotor to fix a shorted rotor. I gutted the stock voltage regulator/rectifier and built a new regulator circuit from scratch when it was determined that it wasn't charging at the right voltage. This and a new rectifier bridge were sealed back into the origianl case. That was almost a year ago and I haven't had to charge battery yet, just stick in the key and hit the starter. I enjoy learning how things work and I get a tremendous amount of enjoyment from being able to fix or remake something with my own hands. It may not always be cheaper than buying new but the more I know the better preparded I am to solve a problem when it arises. I have not riden as much as I would have liked over the summer but I am going to try to catch up this fall.
This is a great site and really provided me a lot of useful information when I was working on my bike. I have tried to return some of that with an article on rewinding rotors, /Forums/viewtopic/t=717.html. I hope to be able to do the same with the information I gathered on building the Reg/Rectifier unit.

Tony
Photo Gallery
650rider
WebMaster
WebMaster

PostPosted: August 30, 2006, 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: Hello All...

Hi Kd4eqt,
I edited your post so the link would work correctly. It's a good write up and I wanted any one searching to be able to find the link to it. Thanks again for the nice peace of info I think it's worth a front page new placement if that okay with you let me know and I edit for foremat and copy it to the news section too.

Photo Gallery
kd4eqt

PostPosted: August 30, 2006, 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Hello All...

Sounds fine by me. I'm not an expert but willing to pass along what I know. Thanks for the work you put into the site. It is greatly appreciated.

Tony
Photo Gallery

Forum Index -> Introduce yourself to the community here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1