650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Motorcycle Systems > > Drive > > Dunlop K180 Tire Pressures

Dunlop K180 Tire Pressures
    Forum Index -> Drive
chapmanmd

PostPosted: August 24, 2006, 8:54 pm    Post subject: Dunlop K180 Tire Pressures

Greetings.

Can anyone who is running Dunlop K180 19" front and 18" rear kindly share the air pressures that you are using on the street?

Thanks!

tracker79

PostPosted: August 25, 2006, 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Dunlop K180 Tire Pressures

I run a 110/80-19 in front with 30lb. and a 120/90-18 in rear with 20-25 lb. I got alittle over 1600 miles on them. front still looks good, rear is gettin alittle thin for some reason, they throw a good roost in the dirt. should get 2000 miles outta them. I dont know if i`ll replace them with the same, lookin for a good on/off tire. the 180 is the proper tire for dirt trackers, but it is a race tire built for laid down sideways action. street riding wears the center out, not the best handling for street.
Photo Gallery
chapmanmd

PostPosted: August 27, 2006, 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: Dunlop K180 Tire Pressures

Thanks for the info.

Indeed they are not the best handling tires for the street, but for the street tracker, they certainly look the part.

Thanks again. Very Happy

royfisk

PostPosted: August 27, 2006, 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Dunlop K180 Tire Pressures

Tracker79 check out the kenda k761 tires. Its hard to find a on off road tire that fits our wheel combinations. But I am going to try the Kenda.s . Parts unlimited has them and there not rediculasly priced.
chapmanmd

PostPosted: August 27, 2006, 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Dunlop K180 Tire Pressures

Same wheel and tire combination Im running. Thanks Roy and Tracker.
tracker79

PostPosted: August 27, 2006, 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Dunlop K180 Tire Pressures

Yeah, I`ve looked at those tires before. The sizes are close, and the price is right. They gotta be better than those race tires on the street, but they do hook good on the dirt.
Photo Gallery
royfisk

PostPosted: August 27, 2006, 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Dunlop K180 Tire Pressures

your not going to hook up like a race tire but on the street with a street oriented bike it will be better, as for the dirt aspect who knows KTM is useing a simular tire and so is triumph on there scrambler. Guess one or both of us are going to find out

Forum Index -> Drive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1