650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > Frank-in-Bike, Non XS parts that are Interchangeable > > Wheels, Brakes and Controls > > maxim/virago wheels axle size?

maxim/virago wheels axle size?
    Forum Index -> Wheels, Brakes and Controls
nuklearzelph

PostPosted: November 13, 2008, 7:36 pm    Post subject: maxim/virago wheels axle size?

i am trying to put the arc'd style mags on my 650 and i just got the verago wheel in today off ebay. so i ran out to the shed with a big smile on my face and tried the wheel. it needs a smaller axle than the 650.

so did i just end up with a 400 wheel? or are all the virago wheels that way? does anyone know if the maxim axles are different? i am thinking of using a maxim 1100 rear and making an adapter for the sprocket since the xs1100 rear uses the same bolt pattern on the spline. now i am wondering if it is going to be a huge headache.
nuklearzelph

PostPosted: November 13, 2008, 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: maxim/virago wheels axle size?

i signed up at the xj forum and asked if the wheels cross with an xs1100. that may get me the answer i seek. if it does, i will post here.
sschering

PostPosted: November 18, 2008, 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: maxim/virago wheels axle size?

Are we talking front or rear?

I guessed and looked up front wheel bearings for a 85 Vergao

They take a B6202 wheel bearings 15mm ID 35mm OD 11mm wide

XS650 takes a 6303 with a 17mm front axle.

To get the 17mm ID in a 35mm bearing you need to step down in load rating to the 60xx class bearings

a 6003 is 17mm x 35mm x 10mm.
It has the right 35mm OD and 17mm ID to work.. ti's 1mm thinner so new spacers might be needed.

This might be the ticket
www.jcwhitney.com/auto...0000143861

Nice bearing chart here
www.northstar-ceramicb...hart1.html

William's Law ...

Forum Index -> Wheels, Brakes and Controls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1