650Rider, xs650 hosted by XS650.com

What Happened to 650rider.com?

650 Rider went offline for about a month at the beginning of 2010. In order to save the technical information that was here, XS650.com acquired the site and brought it back online as a read-only archive. If you were a member of 650 Rider, you will need to re-register at XS650.com

Search 650Rider.com and XS650.com using Google!

650Rider Menu
 Community  Information

xs650 > > General Conversation > > I'm just saying... you know > > Help on registering a motorcycle with no title

Help on registering a motorcycle with no title
    Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know
jwalish

PostPosted: August 14, 2005, 11:26 am    Post subject: Help on registering a motorcycle with no title

I was wondering if anyone here has successfully registered a motorcycle that has no title. I bought a trashed xs650 for $50 and would like to turn it into a cafe racer, but before I spend a lot of time and money I'd like to register the bike. I wouldn't want to finish the bike only to find out that I couldn't ride it on the street.
I've heard rumors of titling companies that solve this problem but can't find a website or anything substantial. I've also looked into registering it in New Hampshire (no title needed but I think I need to know the last person who registered the bike which I don't know.)
Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Joe
Tomterrific

PostPosted: August 14, 2005, 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Help on registering a motorcycle with no title

You can use International Title. You will need to search for it as all I know is a buddy used the service to get a title for his BSA. There are other services as well but this is the one I've heard of.

Tom Graham
MYYAMAHOG

PostPosted: August 14, 2005, 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Help on registering a motorcycle with no title

international title can be found at www.its-titles.com
my brother used them and had no problems getting a title and registering his bike in TX. i am just about through with mine and will be using them as well. the cost i believe is $75 for years 1980 and older and $125 for1981-1988. not a bad deal to start off having no kind of paperwork like me, the web site will walk you through it, and you can print all forms needed straight from there also. they will send you a title from las vegas where they are located and you just have it transfered wherever you live.
hope that helps
Photo Gallery
Redball

PostPosted: August 18, 2005, 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Help on registering a motorcycle with no title

You can also look for (ebay is best, or a junk yard) a frame and title from another same brand bike. Look for a pre-81 frame-- they did not have a 17 digit vin so it cant be matched to your bike other than brand. grind your numbers down and re-stamp it, and toss the old frame. I did this for only $50. It maybe hard to find the right year, but if its just a bike for you to play with its no big deal.
Photo Gallery
jwalish

PostPosted: August 18, 2005, 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Help on registering a motorcycle with no title

Thanks for all the help! I'm in no big hurry so I'll see if anything with a title pops up in my area (Boston) over the winter. If not I think I'll go with the titling company. Thanks again for the replies.

Joe

Forum Index -> I'm just saying... you know All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1